Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Resident Evil / Biohazard

Go down 
+5
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Fancy Fancy
Jimbob
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Resident Evil / Biohazard  Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 12:10

As me and andyman started to have a discussion about resident evil in the voting thread, balla suggested making a topic about the ounce great franchise. So here it is,

What's everyone favorite game in franchise?
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis

Anyone looking forward to revolution port?
I am and will be getting the Wii U version

Favorite character?
Jill as hero or playable but villain has to be Nemesis

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:01

Oh. Fave game... Resi 4, just, from the GameCube remake of the original. My mum wants me to get Revlations so she can watch someone else other than her play it (I love having a wide-spread gaming family, but...) and fave character... Leon S. Kennedy, or maybe his buddy Luis. Also Excella, but for other reasons *kicked out*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 11:42

Although I've played most of them, the only ones I've completed are RE4 GameCube & Revelations, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. I plan on revisiting the earlier ones some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 11:47

I'm a big res fan but I don't no who Excella is, *goes looks up* ohh from that awful resident evil 5 which i have played but barely any off. As you can tell from my pick of res 3 i'm more old school. My 1st res was a import ofit on the saturn with the 1st one i finshed being 2 on the ps1. But have played everyone even both outbreaks.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 15:26

The only Resident Evil game I've played is 4: Wii Edition. To be fair, I loved it, but I understand that it's not particularly like past Resis. I might be tempted into Revelations on the Wii U, mind you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 5:31

Resident Evil is dead to me.

Let me explain why, the franchise has been ruined by the influence & popularity of the western third person shooter. (gears of war, uncharted)

From RE5 (which I enjoyed in co-op) onwards its put too much focus on a multiplayer experience which breaks the tension of what a resi game is meant to be about, so for me the series has lost it's true identity which is hardly a surprise since the original creator left Capcom a long time ago.

Now I know they're not godawful games (5 & 6) from a technical stand point but its just not resident evil anymore.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 8:43

The only Resis I've p played are 4, revelations and mercenaries 3d. I thoroughly enjoyed them all but I understand none of the others are anything like these ones, so I'm happy to leave it there.

My favourite character is either Leon or the little dwarf dude in 4 who calls him "Meeeester Scott-kennedy"all the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 19:17

I like those ones so they are still capable of delivering a true resi experience, as for my favourite character....it has to be Barry Burton.

Favourite monster is the bandersnatch from code Veronica.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 16:08

It might be time to bring back this long dormant thread, I've recently posted in the Last Game Finished thread my thoughts on Resident Evil 7 Beginning Hour and this week Umbrella Corps comes out and since this thread was made back in 2013, we've had REMake come back in HD along with Zero, 6 and 5 with 4 still to come on PS4ONE, Revelations 2 and the announcement of REMake 2 in the works.

With all that, has anyone gone back and played some Resident Evil's or played any of the more recent ones, I'm still yet to play Revs 2 which looked actually quite interesting.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 16:45

I have been thinking I should get on and play, at the very least, REmake.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 16:57

It was excellent still when I last played my version on Cube, I've not tried the HD version though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:20

I wouldn't bother Drunka, it felt like a bad point and click game with some of the sideways logic required to do anything. Combine that with the tiny inventory and awful combat, the only experience to be had is a frustrating one with a hint of nostalgia for players of old.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:26

Even if he plays and thinks it's not very good after, it's still a game he should play, it's likely in that games to play before you die that was posted in the yesterday I bought thread.

I know review scores aren't all that but it still has a 80+ on Metalcritic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:44

Andy telling me its bad is a sign I should 100% get it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:49

There's that as well
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:49

Dood you've gotta play Resi 1; the sideways logic mentioned by the Crumpster is what gives it its charm! The juxtaposition between cutting-edge photorealistic-rendered room layouts and "swap wood shield for gold shield" mechanics is the best! Video games!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:52

REmake is one of the few games I regularly complain about that I actually had to bin off because it was so unenjoyable. I'll generally try and get a good way through the games I call bad, but with the limited saving and instadeath caused by me not having found a seemingly unrelated item I was ridiculously fed up. Poor.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:56

I need the boo this man gif
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 20:42

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'll generally try and get a good way through the games I call bad, but with the limited saving and instadeath caused by me not having found a seemingly unrelated item I was ridiculously fed up. Poor.

I wonder if this is my decade's age disadvantage comes in to play - you've described all 80s home computer games there! I genuinely remember feeling nostalgic playing Resi 1 on the GameCube.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 21:33

Git gud, Andy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 22:45

I was going to say get Gud after his post, on a serious note though.

Jimbob might be right as when I played the old speccy rare game son the rare collection I was like urghh but some other games of that era like Trap Door, I find fine but I've played it before.

On RE, it was one of my first 3D games, one of my first PS1 game and me & my uncle used to play RE2 all the time, that the nostalgia for all that might be true but I'm not talking about RE2 which came out in 1998 but REmake which came out in 2002 and was updated in someways.

Andy isn't the first to say the proper resident evil games are poor to me as when 5 came out, next door who's about 19 now, so about 12 in 2009 when RE5 was released loved that game and asked me if I had played any of the others and of course having them all on Cube. I showed him RE2 and he was like what is this shit, which I would tell him he was playing the shit with RE5.

The only person that can decide if Drunka likes the game is Drunka, knowing Drunka I think he will or at least see why the game is so well revered and is in books like games to play before you die etc

One thing I do wonder is reviews, as REMake HD has been well received, if I had reviewed it then you could understand why I may give it a glowing review but if Andy had then it would be rather negative. Now not every single person that would have reviewed it would have had nostalgia for the game, some may only be 16/17 who reviewed the game, so if the game hasn't aged well, shouldn't these younger / haven't got nostalgia reviewers given the game a low score / negative review?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 1:52

I played the Cube REmake a few years back and loved it, it is incredibly cheesy but it's part of it's appeal, it's proper old school horror and the controls really aren't bad at all, just not the conventional style of today. It's a great game to play through with friends too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 14:53

Did you ever get around to playing ReMake, Drunka?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 15:09

I'm looking to get the Origins Bundle (REmake HD and Zero HD) on PS4, having discovered they have alternative controls. I get that the wonky controls lend to the suspense, but Resi 4 is my favourite Resi and going back to those "Hold A to move forward" controls is a huge pain so I'm up for trying the first game again. Ideally I'd love to see other Resi's remade from the Resi 4 viewpoint but that would anger a lot of Resi purists.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 15:17

I would be mad but could see ReMake 2 sort of having the POV of Revelations which would be fine but I would prefer it to be like ReMake where the controls are fine where you hold A or whatever to run.

Reason I popped my head in was well RE7 is soon and I'm planning to do a sort a ranking of all 25 (26 if you count the one only in Japan on Mobile) games in a podcast sort of style on my own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil / Biohazard    Resident Evil / Biohazard  Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil / Biohazard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next