Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+7
masofdas
JayMoyles
Muss
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! Empty
PostSubject: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 17:07

It's this, but now. Aye.

The 2018 FIFA World Cup: 64 games, 32 teams, one month long, and it kicks off next week! Hosts Russia will kick off the 2018 World Cup finals in a matter of days against Saudi Arabia in Moscow - a real Metroid Prime: Federation Force of a fixture - but that doesn't mean that we can't have fun with it.

Here are the teams!

Drunkalilly: Egypt; Japan; Mexico.

Crumpy Andy: Australia; Iran; Portugal.

The_Jaster: Morocco; Russia; Serbia.

Muss
: Costa Rica; Panama; Spain.

JayMoyles: England; Nigeria; Tunisia.

masofdas: Columbia; South Korea; Switzerland.

Balladeer: Argentina; Germany; Hibernian F.C..

Jimbob: Belgium; France; Iceland.

EofGizmo: Sweden; Poland; Uruguay.

Treesmurf: Senegal, Brazil; Denmark.

TCK: Croatia; Peru.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 17:29; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 10:40

Ah hell yeah man, I'm well up for this. I'm gonna be following two teams already in this world cup, throw two more at me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 10:42

I'm up for it, but I think you'll have a hard time hitting 8, let alone 16...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:10

I can see Jay, Jas, Mas and Muss getting involved, probably Smurphy, so that'll be eight. Might be Jimbob and GJones' bag, could perhaps reach out to the dearly departed Zero Jones, Balla might stick his name in the hat for pure forum camaraderie even though he doesn't care about football. Four more wild cards and we're playing ball!

It'll all be over as soon as we do the draw anyway, we all know England have won it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:16

Monty_The_Mole, Sammy Snake, another heron and The Christ all told me that they're taking part 👍
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:31

The Christ is not taking part and can never post on the forum again as my ex girlfriend got very pissy with me when she received email notifications and realised I'd set up a blasphemous and offensive forum account in her name.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:42

I thought Dusty Knackers was The Christ!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:58

Aye I'll join this as it'll give me a reason to watch.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 14:58

Yeah I'm down.

EofGizmo might be another to join. If you can't make 16 draw the other countries under Tingle's name or something
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 16:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
The Christ is not taking part and can never post on the forum again as my ex girlfriend got very pissy with me when she received email notifications and realised I'd set up a blasphemous and offensive forum account in her name.

I'm sure you've told me this before, but that's brilliant. Laughing

I'm down, natch. I'm not the biggest football fan in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm always keen for international games and I'm always keen for a sweepstakes. Count me in. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 17:43

I'm down for this and was just about to come on here and do one as could only see you or me setting this up Cappa.

The two things that came time mind was if we get 16, each gets two teams one Top 16 and one Bottom 16 team as it be pants if someone gets both Panama and Saudi Arabia but did think that would be hard going that 8 people would be more likely and I was thinking the same thing but you'd get two top 16 and two bottom 16 giving everyone has 4 teams or the other idea was there are 8 groups everyone gets a group in the sweepstakes.

But were on 7 already (I think) and with rugby, as I had an odd number of people some got 3 teams after the 2 two teams each were picked, I did it the other way around as in drew the person for the team not the team for the person.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 18:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
...Balla might stick his name in the hat for pure forum camaraderie even though he doesn't care about football.

He might indeed! Forum camaraderie is what I'm all about (also: using block caps to yell at people who use greengrocers' apostrophes). Count me in. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyFri 8 Jun 2018 - 13:19

This has died on its arse a bit. I thought we'd get closer to twelve folk, but only seven have put in for this.

One more spot for an eighth player, giving us four random teams each...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyFri 8 Jun 2018 - 20:14

I mentioned this on Twitter, but Twitter's for fools.  (Not for horses, though: the hooves make it hard to type.)  Anyway, don't we already have eight?

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It's this, but now. Aye.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Ah hell yeah man, I'm well up for this.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm up for it...

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye I'll join this as it'll give me a reason to watch.

Muss wrote:
Yeah I'm down.

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm down, natch.

masofdas wrote:
I'm down for this...

Balladeer wrote:
Count me in. Smile

Unless Cappa doesn't plan to get involved himself...  Just don't want to go around asking EofGiz and the like if we're already full!

Also: more people are down than up.  That's sad. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySat 9 Jun 2018 - 11:21

I missed out Buskalilly - got him and The Christ mixed up, for some reason I thought Buskalilly said he wasn't taking part.

In my defense, "Aw hell yeah man, I'm well up for this" is Edinburgh slang for 'no'...

Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySat 9 Jun 2018 - 11:57

We all get them two mixed up.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySat 9 Jun 2018 - 15:17

how fuck king date you.

I have been explicitly vocal that my not, my king, my homosexual lover and up-to-date human HAROLD KHAN BE it's going to take us right to the fucking limit of world cup greatness. Of course I el posted

FOOTBALL
FOOTBALL
GOODMAN
FOOTBALL
FISH FOOTBALL
FOOTBALL
FOOTBALL
FOOTBALL
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 10:00

Fish football sounds more appealing than the sport itself if you ask me.

Also, EXCLUSIVE REVEAL: Dusty Knackers was actually Santa Claus. And Reggie of the Massive Face. But not the Christ, who I'm sure the admins. can reroute to another e-mail if Drunka wishes...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 10:21

Balladeer wrote:
Fish football sounds more appealing than the sport itself if you ask me.

Billy the Fish
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 21:04

I don't know what the hell that was, but I found it entertaining.

It was like the last 10 seconds of every Batfink episode crammed into one show; the goodies miraculously succeed because amusing deus ex machina. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 21:20

I speed-read through that. Is it too late for me to put my name down? If I make it 9 and therefore mathematically awkward, I can stay out. I think I'm actually looking forward to the Goodman, I mean football, even though I'm ignoring the first week!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 23:00

Happy to involve you even if we just get the nine of us in total. A tenth person would be helpful - it would give us each three teams, and two lucky folks a fourth. With nine, it gives us 3.55555555556 teams each.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 9:38

Im happy to be number 10 peeps 😁
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 10:47

masofdas wrote:
Billy the Fish
Muss wrote:
It was like the last 10 seconds of every Batfink episode crammed into one show; the goodies miraculously succeed because amusing deus ex machina. Laughing

That was ridiculous but I loved it. Muss hits the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 10:58

Those Viz cartoons are great - properly rubbish but absolutely amazing at the same time.

Glad EofGizmo is the tenth player. Still room for an eleventh and twelfth, but otherwise I'll draw this tomorrow night, after Nintendo doesn't announce a new F-Zero 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next