Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun

Go down 
+6
masofdas
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun Empty
PostSubject: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:07

After months and months of cockteasing the very fact, Bandai Namco announced that their Taiko no Tatsujin series is debuting in Europe later this year, with a Switch exclusive called Drum 'n' Fun.

Great news if you're hoping to get use out of your DK Bongos from 2004, , but bad news if you're hoping for a physical release - it's just been confirmed as downloadable only!

The idea of "enjoying the cult classic arcade rhythm game" sounds like a plan to me, but that name is terrible - they should change it to something more immediate and pronounceable. What do you suggest? I suggest Ross' Drum Fest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:17

Ross' Drum Fest for your new username. Also, that teddy bear is wearing the mask of the Wario Land 4 final boss.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun WL4-Golden_Diva

I'll maintain that the statue of limitations on this spoiler has well and truly expired.  Anyway, I like rhythm games!  And I liked this in the arcade.  Without the allure of a big ol' plastic drum, though, I'm not sure I'll like this as much.  Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:30

Get your bongos now guys before the price shoots up. The missus is gonna kill me when I bring another piece of plastic through the door after my recent clear out.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:56

Nice that the DK bongos work but it's still a shame that you can only import the Taiko controller..............BUT with that said the joycon motion controls look amazing!

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:12

I think I've still got my DK bongos somewhere. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up this one, but the thriftier side of me sees a potential boom in demand and a chance to sell the bongos onto some fortunate soul as I don't think they've been touched for nearly 15 years now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:07

If it was coming with the drum then I would have a go but not digital only if £40, maybe for £20-25 at a push.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 19:31

JayMoyles wrote:
I think I've still got my DK bongos somewhere. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up this one, but the thriftier side of me sees a potential boom in demand and a chance to sell the bongos onto some fortunate soul as I don't think they've been touched for nearly 15 years now!

Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! Also would mean that I could play GJones' Secret Santa gift of Jungle Beat as Nintendo (N)intended.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:04

Hah, I'll genuinely try to dig them out from wherever they're hiding then over the next week or so. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:14

I think I might have four sets of bongos, but I don't have a GameCube USB adapter though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:23

This is madness! MADNESS! It also supports the N64 Transfer Pak and tape input from ZX Spectrum as well...

Is this game any fun to play without the bongos? I sort of want to be in, but I don't want to try and find 2004's greatest peripheral.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:25

I believe on Switch you can use the Joy-Cons like drumsticks and bash thin air.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:42

masofdas wrote:
I believe on Switch you can use the Joy-Cons like drumsticks and bash thin air.

Yup, I already posted a video showing that. Laughing

The_Jaster wrote:
Nice that the DK bongos work but it's still a shame that you can only import the Taiko controller..............BUT with that said the joycon motion controls look amazing!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:47

Jimbob will see how fun it is with that video
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:15

Check the Jasman's trailer above, Jim!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:18

You should watch the trailer posted by The_Jaster, Jimbob.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:25

I only fucking asked if it was fun!

But I should probably be more honest and say I completely forgot I'd previously watched that, and therefore didn't scroll up the previous posts, like a dummy.

Is there a buttons option?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:26

Oops, I didn't see that Jaster had posted below the post I thought Jimbob didn't see he'd posted.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:38

I hope Bandai Namco don't see what this topic about their nice drum game has devolved into...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:13

JayMoyles wrote:

Balladeer wrote:
Oops, I didn't see that Jaster had posted below the post I thought Jimbob didn't see he'd posted.

Tbh I didn't notice that The_Jaster posted a video showing off the motion controls until masofdas said the game had them and I'm The_Jaster. Did you watch it yet Jimbob? Winky Face

----

Anyhow I'm not sure if this will be a day one buy yet but I do really like the look of it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 13:09

Those motion controls look dumb and fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 22:17

I'm always a bit surprised whenever I see videos of the motion controls working because that hasn't been my experience with the game at all, sadly. The recognition is shoddy at best whenever I try it, and I think the game changes how it reads your inputs based on which note type is coming up next.

Really happy the game is being released internationally, even if Bamco pulled a Namco Museum and went digital-only despite showing boxed coverart previously.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptyFri 3 Aug 2018 - 8:25

fronkhead wrote:
I'm always a bit surprised whenever I see videos of the motion controls working because that hasn't been my experience with the game at all, sadly. The recognition is shoddy at best whenever I try it, and I think the game changes how it reads your inputs based on which note type is coming up next.

Really happy the game is being released internationally, even if Bamco pulled a Namco Museum and went digital-only despite showing boxed coverart previously.

That's a bit worrying to hear so do you think that's a wireless joycon issue then? As I know there's various things that can affect it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:59

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Balladeer wrote:

Tbh I didn't notice that The_Jaster posted a video showing off the motion controls until masofdas said the game had them and I'm The_Jaster. Did you watch it yet Jimbob? Winky Face

----

Anyhow I'm not sure if this will be a day one buy yet but I do really like the look of it.

It did drum up some posts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 17:29

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun 0mKXcg1
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 18:29

You could say that mas had some.......drum 'n' fun with that one.

*runs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun   Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun Empty

Back to top Go down

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: