We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eternal Champions of Diablo

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Eternal Champions of Diablo  Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 9:41

Eternal Champions of Diablo  Eternal-collection.original

Blizzard is bringing Diablo III to Switch in the form of the Eternal Collection which will include all previous content and some bonus stuff like Ganondorf Armour via preorders, it sort has a date of it will be out on or before December 21st.

Also, talks out of these seems StarCraft 2 would be unlikely which makes sense as it's not elsewhere and needs that mouse & keyboard input, the other game brought up was Overwatch which they say could be feasible but Classic Games is working and focusing on Diablo III at the moment for Switch was the real answer and they didn't know if that was something Team 4 (Overwatch Team) themselves would want to do.

I'm surprised HoS or Hearthstone weren't also talked about as I feel Hearthstone would be perfect for Switch.

I have played a bit and still own Diablo III on PS4 and what I played seems decent and has that level of Blizzard polish just I didn't know anyone else playing that I just played on my own and with some randoms when I did.

Would anyone else be bothered about this on Switch?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 20:56

I'd be really tempted! From most accounts, Diablo III shook off a rocky launch and transformed into a really solid dungeon-crawler. I've played similar games in the genre before but I've never dabbled with the grand-daddy of them all.

For me, it's got me wondering what else Blizzard are bringing Switchwards. You'd assume Hearthstone is a lock now, but I'll be keeping a wee eye on any Overwatch rumblings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 18:59

Looks like me and you Jay will be taking down Diablo.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 21:31

I'm up for a wee bit of co-op! They're always a laugh, especially over Skype. It'd be ace to get a full party of four for this playing over Skype or whatever, but that also becomes a scheduling nightmare. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:26

Well you do manage it for Monster Hunter and we did for Overwatch and that's more players, just depends on who's getting but if this is December then I'm day one as I won't get SMASH and the only other is Persona: Endless Night that I can think comes out then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 16:08

Hah, you know Smash is taking priority for me so it may end up having to wait till after Christmas for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 16:31

I was hoping seeing November is quiet that any games from October will run into November and then in December would be just SMASH and Diabo that you play.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 16:32

You underestimate how much Smash I play... Laughing

In all honesty, Diablo is going to be a perfect Christmas game for me, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 18:16

Yeah if enough of us will play this regularly then I might give it a look.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 16:37

I certainly will be and it is a situation where if this does well Overwatch, Heartstone etc come over to Switch.

Looking at the classes Demon Hunter, Necromancer and Wizard all take my fancy. Now I don't know if it's like Overwatch or even Monster Hunter that having a mix of classes on the team is best or everyone can get away with being the same.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 17:25

I think for most dungeon crawler type games a balanced team is key.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 20:30

I'm quite curious about this - I've never played Diablo, just a few of its pretenders. It looks much more impressive than those though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:22

The_Jaster wrote:
I think for most dungeon crawler type games a balanced team is key.

Guess if we're all ranged that wouldn't be good but I was thinking more on the lines does some need to be a healer or can you get away not having that (if that's a thing).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 16:15

Nice wee gamescom demo of there game here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToOujAOaj9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=59s

I really like the look of that necromancer class, summon a horde of skeletons to fight? Don't mind if I do.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:56

Yeah, I checked that out on the Switch news menu! It looked to be running pretty well and I think it looks like a blast in multiplayer. I would say that the screen got a bit too busy in splitscreen though as there's a huge chunk of the screen taken up by the UI.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 17:54

Heard Peer on IGN say that as an issue he had on the other versions as he played with his son but now they use a Switch each local, which is neat. Then I see it has single joy-con and motion support plus all on the cart and will use the Nintendo voice chat app.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyFri 24 Aug 2018 - 22:55

Blizzard certainly ain't half-assing this, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 8:46

I don't think blizzard are the sorts to even think that. It is strange that the other half of the overall company half-ass everything.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 16:13

It seems this might use amiibo, we've said it already but blizzard is going all in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:06

I had an impression that it might use amiibo as they showed off Ganondorf's armour as a skin you could wear in the game, so I presume there'll be similar crossovers.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:13

I think that's a preorder or day one bonus but does hopefully mean the amiibo stuff is similar.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 19:34

Olimar costume with Pikmin climbing on top please.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 23:06

That'd be a fun costume for the Necromancer class, although skeleton sized Pikmin would be somewhat horrifying. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 15:56

Eternal Champions of Diablo  Switch_DiabloIII_Bundle_Box

When I saw that Diablo III was coming to Switch and would be part of the online chat app, I gathered we could get a decent relationship between Nintendo and Blizzard much like Bethesda. Why in the port or abort thread I started with Overwatch and Hearthstone due to this game but I never thought I'd see a console bundle, hopefully, it will be a big hit and we do see more Blizzard games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 22:53

That's pretty cool! I'll second your surprise at this getting a bundled edition.

I will say though - and this isn't specifically because of this bundle - that the Switch special editions haven't exactly been eye-catching so far compared to some other limited edition consoles out there. It's usually just a decal plastered onto a standard Switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Champions of Diablo    Eternal Champions of Diablo  Empty

Back to top Go down

Eternal Champions of Diablo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next