We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well

Go down 
+12
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Muss
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 12:08

Yeah if you don't mind, it'd help make it look more like a proper outdoor gym then
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 14:33

I can open my gates sometime tonight, give me a time window and I'll post to say when? I'm pretty sure we haven't met in game yet

Friend code is SW-6533-2461-3235 if you need it, and my island is called "Howdyfern"
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 19:16

I'm just doing things as they come to me, wanna make the inside of my house look nice but it's a slow process trying to find enough pieces to go together. I'd quite like some alternatives to the Zebra Spring Ride if anybody has any of them?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 4:23

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I can open my gates sometime tonight, give me a time window and I'll post to say when? I'm pretty sure we haven't met in game yet

Friend code is SW-6533-2461-3235 if you need it, and my island is called "Howdyfern"

You'll have a friend request from Bhshanks as yeah we haven't met in game

just now got to find the right time to visit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 7:25

shanks wrote:
Anyone got any Gym stuff? I'm trying to make an outdoor gym and so far all I have is a Dumbbell and a pull up bar

I`ve had a protein shake, a punching bag and an anatomical model. I'm saving them for my own basement gym, but maybe I can order extras for you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 7:37

It feels like decorating is the main thing to do post-KK then. Which - hm. I've never been much of a fan of creativity-focused games.

Having said that I did decorate my island with a bunch of rocks last night. 🤷
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 11:03

Buskalilly wrote:
shanks wrote:
Anyone got any Gym stuff? I'm trying to make an outdoor gym and so far all I have is a Dumbbell and a pull up bar

I`ve had a protein shake, a punching bag and an anatomical model. I'm saving them for my own basement gym, but maybe I can order extras for you?

Yeah won't say no, then I can move on to my next project (making a world on Mario Maker) i mean terraform my island
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 11:23

Balladeer wrote:
It feels like decorating is the main thing to do post-KK then. Which - hm. I've never been much of a fan of creativity-focused games.

Having said that I did decorate my island with a bunch of rocks last night. 🤷

- decorate
- fill out collections
- wait for events

Seems to be the gist of it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:04

Well that's a few more things to get up to!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 13:13

BUSHES

ART

THE ALPACAS THAT I RECOGNISE BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY DO
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 13:22

They had the Pawn shop
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 18:04

Could be worth it's own thread, we'll see. Eurogamer uploaded an article about how Nook Miles Tickets are being traded for villagers:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-22-animal-crossings-nook-miles-tickets-have-become-a-bizarre-trading-currency 

The more popular villagers sell for more. They're listed here, and put into different tiers:

https://www.animalcrossingportal.com/games/new-horizons/guides/villager-popularity-list.php 

Discounting whether or not you agree with it, who's got the 'best' and most popular villagers? Looking at the six tiers, I've got nobody from the first two, Zell and Bunnie for Tier 3, Chevre, Hornsby and Stu from Tier 4, Sly and Sparrow from Tier 5, and Snooty, Truffles and Ursula down with the rest of the jobbers.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 20:47

I have a Tier 1, just, Beau at number 15. I've got Pashmina in Tier 3, then in Tier 5 I've got Ozzie, Kyle, Nana, Sheldon and I have Renee moving in tomorrow (which I'm not happy about because I wanted Kabuki who came to my campsite but the lot was already sold by then.) That leaves Cesar, Sylvia and Truffles in the bottom tier.

This is all of course meaningless as you like who you like, I've looked at some of that top tier and personally don't see the fuss about some of the them and then others lower down are some of my favourites. Just looking at that bottom tier I rate Cesar quite highly and Truffles is very popular with my Lyla so she's worth keeping just to hear her get excited and do her version of an Oink. I am under pressure to get rid of Sylvia though as she has the same birthday as my Mrs and she doesn't want her stealing her thunder, this is the real struggle of sharing your island.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2020 - 10:05

I have Stitches, but I want Marina

Terrible list though, some of the best villagers are in the bottom tier! Vic is a goddamn viking with a pirate ship house
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2020 - 11:04

Reading that article and I am still massively confused on how villagers can have a 'price'. But Audie lives in my village, which is quite cool as she is apparently the #2 most desired villager around. I was excited when I saw her on a desert island because I recognised her from stories about the grandmother who inspired her.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 2:45

I've got Julian who is #6, which is preposterous as he's a self-centred wanker who lives in some bizarre ice palace and talks about himself in the third person. The rest of mine are jobbers, apparently.

Still, all of that seems somewhat out of the spirit of Animal Crossing in my eyes. I think the last part of that article which states that these tickets could be seen as a form of microtransaction rings true, actually. You see it on Twitter with people charging entry to high value bell islands and whatnot. Doesn't vibe with me, I'd say.

__

On a happier note, looks like there's been a nice wee content update put into the game! I bought some shrubs from Leif today and I'm looking forward to scrutinising all the potential counterfeit art pieces I'll be buying shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 14:02

The correct tier list, from worst to best, is:

All peppy villagers
All jock villagers
Everyone else

I think by now most people know my sticking point with having two hundred different villagers that are essentially eight different people/animals, although I haven't got around to giving them crap to put in their houses or taking over their language so mine are still relatively differentiated. I did stop Clay from leaving, though - loving that dogu-influenced design.

So I've got:
Octavian (10th Tier 2)
Pashmina (24th Tier 3)
Alfonso, Aurora, Blaire, Clay, Leopold (Tier 5)
Sprocket, Wendy (who can sod off any time she likes to be honest), and maybe Broffina (Tier 6)

The Lady has Fauna (9th Tier 1).

More importantly, my flower power means KK will be over tomorrow. So that's the game done then![/s]
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 14:29

shanks wrote:
Yeah if you don't mind, it'd help make it look more like a proper outdoor gym then

I have a complete Wrestling Ring now. Not sure if I can order parts for it through my shop though. If I can you can have it.

As for the list, I have Carmen in Tier 3 and Kyle used to be Tier 2 but is now down in 5 I think. The only other one I have above bottom rank is Cherri in T4.

My partner has Bob in T2 and Fauna, who I think is T1, as well as a few folks in mid-tier like Zell, so I guess she wins? We also have the amiibo cards for some of the high tier characters, like Merangue and Zucker.

Also the Jocks and Peppy villagers are great, you just don't want more than one. It's a bit of a shame that all the jocks seem to be into getting jacked rather than having a range of fitness based interests, from aerobics to team sports, so I think one is enough but they're fun and friendly and often running around the island. Peppy Carmen is one of my favourite villagers because she's a bit wacky without going too far.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 21:54

Don't get me started on running around the island. You build the islanders a red zen bridge and graciously let them off the starting islet, and all of a sudden Alfonso's rushing up and down my beach with a dopey grin on his face while I'm trying to fish! Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 22:02

I always have to translate the personality types into what I named them in my head before reading up on them - so "peppy" = diva/idol and "jock" = sporty/gym bro. I think my names are better Razz

Those two are definitely the worst
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 14:04

I think my least favourite are probably the 'normal' ones but that's possibly because I've got three in my village and they're a bit bland. Back when the snooty villagers were genuinely mean to you, it was a good balance, but the snooty ones aren't that bad now. (Seriously, remember in the Gamecube version when snooty villagers would call you fat and poor?!)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 11:17

I don't have any snooty villagers. Broffina the hen didn't want to move in, turns out. Suppose I'll have to go visit an island soon to populate my tenth house...

Oh, and KK Slider's paid me a visit now, probably because the island's now blooming. Also it's good to see Crazy Redd back, and operating out of his totally trustworthy trawler. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 15:42

I went to click on that link about villager popularity, and it 404d. Well that's fine anyway - the most important villager is all of them, that you should make your friends. Even Nosegay.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 15:45

This should work Jim!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 15:54

My highest is Deirdre in Tier 3

The new stuff in the update has been good as kept me coming the last three days or so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next