Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well

Go down 
+12
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Muss
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 22:24

Having given up on getting the last few flowers, we'd hid them away so the place looked suitably winter-like, only to discover that some blue roses had been growing!

I've slowed down a lot myself, it's really my mum's island now. But I've decided to have a big renovation project next year, with my house. It's just as well I didn't have an island to myself, I would've made everyone live in a giant hedge maze or something.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2021 - 21:57

Grotville has fallen on hard times over the last few months, we're overrun with flowers and weeds, but I'm trying to rejuvenate the place. In the process of moving the shops, museum and campsite around, and hopefully I can (finally!) get my rivers back in place.

Here's the current residents of the island, former residents live on as portraits.

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 Eqdkyi10
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2021 - 2:07

Why is poor Biff hidden behind a bin? What is with this forum not appreciating my boy?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2021 - 15:38

because...

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 Erippw11
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2021 - 23:19

Ahh, I just remembered about the Ross Ramp that you made when I paid for your project.  Thumbs Up!

Here's my mob on my island - they're the same villagers I've had since they could first move in. I'm still playing every day, though it's mostly to just build Snow Folk and see if I can get any fish or bug collectables just now.

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 20210110
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:08

Dusty Knackers wrote:

Here's the current residents of the island, former residents live on as portraits.

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 Eqdkyi10

It's like the former residents have died or something. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:36

I can't guarantee they haven't died, except for Muffy the sheep, I let my friend take her because she's one of her favourites.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:39

The koala is called Canberra, right? I think they're on my island, although considering I've not logged on in about six months the likelihood is that they're dead too.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:41

Yes, and God I hope so.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:47

Yeah, I didn't like them at all. Laughing

I'm half tempted to go back and check out my island after popping into this thread. Do islanders move out if you've not logged in for a while?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 15:05

I don't believe so. They would in the olden days, I'll never forget Vladamir up and leaving in the middle of the night without warning on the Gamecube. The shitbag. What you may get is someone 'thought bubbling' and asking you if they should leave. Not even sure if residents remind you of how long its been since they last saw you using odd measurements of time. Returning to older games last year, animals were telling me they hadn't seen me in "417 weeks".
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 5:23

I think they just give you "more than a week" now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 19:21

I've not lost anyone during the weeks I've not played this. I just assumed they couldn't now without asking permission - and while that has its advantages, it does make them feel more fake, as I believe Buska said a while back.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 10:00

I did. There's a video by Tamahiro on youtube which sums up my issues with how villagers have changed over the course of the series.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 15:03

Dusty Knackers wrote:
I can't guarantee they haven't died, except for Muffy the sheep, I let my friend take her because she's one of her favourites.

I can (sadly) confirm Biff is alive.

Here's the whole team
Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 20210110
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 20:30

Hi all - quick question - is anyone still playing this that has apples as their native fruit, and therefore would have a cardboard box with the apples design on the side?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2021 - 17:21

The cardboard boxes have different fruit designs?!

(I'm Peach I am afraid)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 17:23

A new update for this just downloaded onto my Switch. I’ve since seen that Nintendo have announced that this is getting more free content and various minor updates through the rest of 2021.

It seems like the popular opinion was that New Horizon’s post-launch content had been insubstantial. Considering the conditions that most of the world was living in for the months straight after it’s initial release, it definitely seems like millions of people who bought it dropped off of this really, really quickly.

Personally, I thought it was good that there was regular seasonal updates throughout its first year – while nothing truly amazing, it kept things ticking over. It’s truly bewildering why Nintendo seemed to abandon support for it over these last four months though. Besides some short events and a small handful of mail order seasonal items, there’s been no new or fresh reasons to go back to it at all.

There’s still hope for a comprehensive update in the style of that Welcome Amiibo one that launched for New Leaf three years after it first released, but right now it’s looking likely that they’re just going to loop the calendar of the game’s first year. For a game that’s sold over 30 million copies and has the obvious potential to be such a permanent and crucial part of Nintendo’s online ecosystem, it’s just mental if that’s the approach they take.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySat 31 Jul 2021 - 14:32

I'm genuinely curious why they've felt the need to support it as little as they have at this point, they must recognise that so many people have dropped off it, as soon as I learnt they were just loooping events I've probably played it a handful of times for 5 minutes at a time and that's it.

Do we think it could be down to technical limitations? I don't think it's the most taxing game to run but the way they've stripped some parts from previous games and made no effort to reintroduce them is baffling.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 9:51

I mean, we have no idea what they're working on behind the scenes. Maybe they just think stuff will have more impact if they do one big update at some later date rather than lots of little ones over a longer time?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 13:13

The cynic in me, goes, why do they need to do updates as Nintendo have already sold 30m+
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 17:34

It's a social game that's designed to be played daily.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 18:51

Yeah, I know that, and I remember New Leaf was updated often, and New Horizons isn't like 5 years old where you'd understand no more support.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 17:17

Hi all - what with the "please look forward to the announcement of the announcement that we'll announce the announcement of some new things to announce" in the Direct, I know there's a lot of negative opinion. But really it's interesting that we're getting new stuff like this at all - without wanting to get numbery, I imagine a large percentage of the total lifetime sales of Animal Crossing New Horizons have probably already occurred; therefore additions 18 months in wouldn't be beneficial to them necessarily, outside of a subscription/pass model like a lot of games, or paid DLC. I think that this stage I'd rather they put effort into a bigger chunk of updates, and have people pay for it.

Actually... my biggest question... why does everyone keep going on about bloody Brewster? What do people really like this? I don't understand. I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 9:26

Never really understood the big deal about Brewster and his coffee shop either. Fine that it keeps folk happy, but I'm exactly like you Jimbob -this stage I'd rather they put effort into a bigger chunk of updates too.

I've always thought that adding more fish, fossils and artwork mid-life would be a straightforward way of boosting Animal Crossing's longevity beyond that first 365 day cycle. More things to craft would be good too, and so would more room on your island for new islanders. Interested to see what's announced next all the same.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next