Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 15:16

I haven't slept well the last couple of days, so I wasn't sure if I'd dreamt that Nintendo had put 5 new GameBoy games out, but they were all MegaMan. I mean I guess I've got to try them, but... blimey.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 18:21

I've never played a Mega Man, and everything everybody's said about it here gives me no desire to. (Apart from maybe X. Shifty )
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 5:12

I don't think you'd like them. The combination of platforming and shooting is quite fun, but a little stiff compared to Nintendo's stuff.
The other big appeal of Mega man is the music, but I know you don't go in for retro tunes as much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 18:41

If you play Mega Man 2 on the NES if you bounce of that, then don't bother.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 21:56

I haven't, I know that's meant to be the classic. Also I feel like most of the music's probably been done better in Smash.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat 15 Jun 2024 - 10:10

Buskalilly wrote:
They add some weird stuff. You know Donkey Kong '94 isn't even on there yet?

If they added that within the same year as the Mario Vs. DK remake that'd render the whole release obsolete (the remake not 94).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 11:38

Balladeer wrote:
I haven't, I know that's meant to be the classic.  Also I feel like most of the music's probably been done better in Smash.

I think MM3 is better, truthfully. They added a slide move which really helps the game feel more fluid and not as stiff as the first two in the series. The correct answer though is to play Mega Man X.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 11:44

(whispers) I will probably not play any of them because they're old. Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 11:54

You have been banned from the Retro forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 11:56

And nothing of value was lost that day.
Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 14:39

Hooray! Perfect Dark is on the N64! And because it's somehow got a higher age rating than GoldenEye, it has to be kept away from the children...
Why Nintendo, why is there a completely separate app to download to play higher-rated N64 games? That's such a "Nintendo" way of dealing with it. And it's even worse, because now if someone sees what I'm playing it says I'm playing "Nintendo 64 Mature" which basically sounds like I'm planning some kind of creative wanking
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 22:47

I’m curious to see what else might arrive on the N64 Mature app, it presents some new options. With Nightdive Studios having licensed the first Turok to Nintendo for the app, you’d expect the other two to come along eventually. I think they own the publishing rights for a few other aged-rated N64 games too. Shadowman and Forsaken spring to mind, as they were remastered by Nightdive Studios in the same way the first three Turok games were.

Could any of id Software’s games be brought back out as well? I know that Quake 64, Quake II and DOOM 64 are all for sale on the eShop in one form or another, but I think they’re the ones who did Hexen as well. I could probably do with re-evaluating my stance on Hexen, as my memories of it are from seeing a pal’s big brother play it when we were in primary school twenty-five years ago and thinking it looked like the most boring thing ever made.

Maybe the N64’s two Duke Nukem games will make an appearance? It was only last year that several Duke Nukem PS1, Game Boy Advance and MS-DOS games came out on Evercade. It’s safe to assume that Duke Nukem 64 and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour are equally up for redistribution? I’d welcome that – I’ve never given enough time to Zero Hour.

Like everybody else, I’d really like to see Conker’s Bad Fur Day become available on the app. I’d have said that its content and themes were the only obstacle to that happening, but on a Mature app is that a big deal? Speaking of Rare, I’m not sure if Killer Instinct Gold would appear on the ‘plain’ app or this Mature one, but it’s surely a matter of time until that’s available.

The game I’d like the most is Resident Evil 2. It’s one of a very, very small number of PAL N64 games that I’ve never played or owned. Any opportunity I’ve had to buy it, it’s been either too expensive, too damaged or unfortunately a fake.

That all said, I think we can all agree that it’s a worthless endeavour without South Park: Chef’s Luv Shack.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat 6 Jul 2024 - 15:34

Cappucino kid wrote:
The game I’d like the most is Resident Evil 2. It’s one of a very, very small number of PAL N64 games that I’ve never played or owned. Any opportunity I’ve had to buy it, it’s been either too expensive, too damaged or unfortunately a fake.

All your suggestions sounded great but this is the one I'd want the most, always been intrigued by the randomizer mode this version has.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat 6 Jul 2024 - 19:11

Hmmm... I love Rare's platformers, but even though it breaks the mould a little, I'm not sure I wanna sit through Conker's Bad Fur Day again - it seems a bit try-hard-y now.

But speaking of Rare - and I know I've already written exactly the same thing on the Discord - SOLAR JETMAN BABY *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn*
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2024 - 22:25

I’ve been fair enjoying the original Densetsu no Stafy on the Game Boy Advance app. Sure, it’s lack of an English translation makes your assorted tasks and objectives a bit confusing at times and altogether it’s a lot less straightforward than I’d think it’ll be for any competent reader of the Japanese language. Nothing else needs translating though: the platforming is really enjoyable, it controls fantastically and looks and sounds great too. I’ve long hoped that these three GBA originals would reappear on Virtual Console or Switch Online, and I’m very happy that the first one (at least) is living up to it’s long-standing reputation.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2024 - 13:10

Yassss! I found it to be very pleasant, so I'm glad its found another fan.
Even if I am feeling a bit of the same obnoxious gatekeepery jealousy I felt when Monster Hunter took off in the West right after I moved to Japan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26