Few games are pants, but some are Panzer than others.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:26

Virtua Racing is out this week in Japan! With online play! When it releases globally we ought to get some face-offs going (it's 1v1 for online, so maybe a tournament board would make sense).

Because of the super high standards set by the 3D classics, and the pixel-perfect fit those games have been on the 3DS's low res display, I haven't been that interested in the games released so far. I did pick up OutRun because...who can resist OutRun...but it's still better on 3DS! But the online leaderboards were neat - since they have records for each route you no longer have to always take the single fastest route when setting high scores.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Feb 2020 - 8:42

A very quiet ten months for the SEGA AGES series since fronkhead's last post. Yet with Puyo Puyo 2 and Sonic 2 coming out earlier this week, we're up to sixteen games on Switch now:

https://segaages.sega.com/

That's most of the games that were known to be in development, with Thunder Force AC, G-LOC Air Battle and Herzog Zwei still due to come. 

I'm not sure how much some of these were needed. I'd assume that they'd be the best versions, but how much can you jazz up the two Puyo Puyo games and Columns II? Also, the four billionth re-release of Sonics 1 and 2, Space Harrier and OutRun are a bit scunnering, especially seeing as they're already part of the SEGA AGES line of 3DS games. The others are just about fair enough, but it's not enough for a series that was announced almost three years ago.

Has anybody been playing these, or even paying attention to them? I'm quite downhearted about SEGA AGES, but that can easily be sorted out with a few non-arcade and non-Mega Drive games that SEGA don't reissue all the time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 19:45

I think the problem with the SEGA AGES series on Switch is that if I were to pick up any of those titles, I'd probably go for the 3D Classics version on 3DS. That's how I played Outrun, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Raging Pedant
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 19:53

Can't say I've been that bothered about them as I can easily pick them up in the Mega Drive Classics Collection or the Mini if I really wanted them, sure I've been tempted by Sonic because it's Sonic and I really should play Outrun having never done so but none have felt like must buys. They need to give me more games I can't remember the name of to rediscover.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 19:56

You can play Outrun in Yakuza 0, incidentally. I put a fair bit of time into that for one of the game's challenges.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 20:01

I sort view it like Switch Online or what was the Virtual Console, that the Switch can do so much more than just Mega Drive games.

Where's Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Otogi etc???
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 20:04

Were we not meant to be getting Dreamcast games on Switch at one point?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Raging Pedant
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 20:31

They really should, the amount of people who have great memories of the Dreamcast alongside those that never played it and are curious about the games must be huge.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Sheegoth
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 14:15

It does seem a bit of a sporadic release. I appreciate the love that's gone into the Ages games, but I'd feel happier picking up the Genesis/MegaDrive collection in one bundle, if that makes sense. I don't think that's due to a lack of familiarity - if Nintendo tried the old Virtual Console route of selling NES/SNES games individually, I don't think I'd bite a third time round. If there was a Sega Ages collection, then maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics    SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SEGA AGES & SEGA Mega Drive Classics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2