Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I was stuck on that bit for ages!

Go down 
+5
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Admin
ZeroJones
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

I was stuck on that bit for ages! Empty
PostSubject: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 18:50

Earlier I finally managed to beat 7-4 on Pokémon Link: Battle!, after having been stuck on it for about half a year. The feeling was amazing - at last! No other medium does things quite like this. Grin

When was the last time you got past a bit you were stuck on for ages? Awesome, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 19:12

I was stuck on this git forever as a kid:

I was stuck on that bit for ages! Boo3

I didn't actually work out how to beat it until I gave up and lent the game to a friend and saw him do it. No
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 20:42

Mission 5 in Alien Isolation was a colossal pain in the arse to finish, it's one of the first times in the game where the Alien is stalking around this one area & you have to collect a keycard, find a passcode so you can open a door which sounds simple but I only had a handful of items to distract the beast and even less hiding spots.

I lost count of how many times I was ripped from my hiding spot or impaled through the chest with it's tail as I typed in the door passcode, I've seen videos of this section done in about 15 minutes but due to all my deaths it took me well over an hour. Embarrassed

(side note: I was playing on the hardest difficulty.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 20:52

This dick in Dark Souls. Mad

I was stuck on that bit for ages! Seath-the-scaleless-large
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 21:00

Every ten steps in Dark Souls I found another bit Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 21:12

Seath was a real sticking point for me - think I was stuck on him for a good few hours. I felt your pain too Drunka, but Seath sticks in my mind the most because I thought I was proficient at the game by that point... NOPE.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 23:47

I'm too bad at games for Dark Souls.

After constantly being molested and destroyed by those wee shits in the graveyard - right at the start of the bloody game - I had to stop playing. Sulk
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 1:44

JayMoyles wrote:
This dick in Dark Souls. Mad

I was stuck on that bit for ages! Seath-the-scaleless-large

I don't remember having much hassle with him compared to other bosses in DS but I can see why he could be annoying with his area of effect attacks that can curse you.

Dead Lemon wrote:

After constantly being molested and destroyed by those wee shits in the graveyard - right at the start of the bloody game - I had to stop playing. Sulk

Is this the skeletons near the fire link shrine area? If so that's a common mistake & a bit of a troll by the developers to put what is essentially an end game area so close to the start.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 2:27

Back when I played Ocarina of Time on the N64 I tried and failed to complete it when I got to the Shadow Temple, fast forward 5 years or so to the disc that came with Wind Waker and I gave it another go and little did I realise how obvious the solution was. It was the part of the dungeon where you need to cross the gap and to do so have to shoot an arrow at the bomb next to the pillar which creates a bridge. For some reason my 10 year old self never made that association that arrow + explosives = explosion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 6:19

Dead Lemon wrote:

You went the wrong way! Don't worry - I made the same mistake.

The_Jaster wrote:

I don't remember having much hassle with him compared to other bosses in DS but I can see why he could be annoying with his area of effect attacks that can curse you.

Yeah, I kept panicking because of the curse, then I'd get lasered or swiped and then it was GG.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 7:52

I was also stuck on OoT - for something like five years, in fact. There was a bit in the Dodongo's Cavern where you had to quickly aim and shoot two eye switches, an I kept trying to do it by jumping towards the second switch and shooting it point-blank. Five years later, when the disc came with WW, I did it the correct way and got past there first time. Duh!

Also: Flaahgra in Metroid Prime, and the obligatory Bopopolis mention.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 8:16

Treesmurf wrote:
Back when I played Ocarina of Time on the N64 I tried and failed to complete it when I got to the Shadow Temple, fast forward 5 years or so to the disc that came with Wind Waker and I gave it another go and little did I realise how obvious the solution was. It was the part of the dungeon where you need to cross the gap and to do so have to shoot an arrow at the bomb next to the pillar which creates a bridge. For some reason my 10 year old self never made that association that arrow + explosives = explosion.

Haha, I had a similar issue in twilight princess at Hyrule Castle. The part in the corridor leading to the room with several darknuts where you have to use your arrows to shoot the rope of the paintings to reveal the switch of the barred door. Had to go to the library the next day to look up the solution online, ended up kicking myself mentally all the way home that day at how obvious it was.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 16:25

The_Jaster wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, I kept panicking because of the curse, then I'd get lasered or swiped and then it was GG.

Ouch! I hope you had your best curse resistant gear on, also did you eventually look up tips to beat him? I'd do that for bosses I got really stuck on not that it would help right away mind you.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 23:31

Athrun888 wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:

Haha, I had a similar issue in twilight princess at Hyrule Castle.  The part in the corridor leading to the room with several darknuts where you have to use your arrows to shoot the rope of the paintings to reveal the switch of the barred door.  Had to go to the library the next day to look up the solution online, ended up kicking myself mentally all the way home that day at how obvious it was.  

Such is the logic of some Zelda puzzles, so seemingly obvious once you've cracked them but unfathomable at the time, case in point the famous Phantom Hourglass puzzle where you close the DS, a completely out of the box puzzle that makes total sense once you've realised (or closed the thing in frustration).

I love Zelda games. Love
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 0:09

The_Jaster wrote:

Ouch! I hope you had your best curse resistant gear on, also did you eventually look up tips to beat him? I'd do that for bosses I got really stuck on not that it would help right away mind you.
[/quote]

Had to look up some tips to beat him, and even then it was a struggle.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 0:29

JayMoyles wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

You went the wrong way! Don't worry - I made the same mistake..

U wot m8?

Not sure if I should be happy to hear that or even more annoyed with the game for pulling that kind of shit in the first place DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 10:37

Treesmurf wrote:
Such is the logic of some Zelda puzzles, so seemingly obvious once you've cracked them but unfathomable at the time, case in point the famous Phantom Hourglass puzzle where you close the DS, a completely out of the box puzzle that makes total sense once you've realised (or closed the thing in frustration).

I solved that puzzle in bewilderment completely by accident. Talk about pulling you out of the game's world.

There was a similar puzzle in Another Code where you had to hold the DS screens slightly ajar and read a word reflected onto the top screen whilst holding it in front of a mirror. How in the heck were you supposed to figure such a precise thing out? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 11:12

After every magazine and site everywhere spoiled the Another Code puzzle, I knew exactly what to do with the PH one!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:32

Dead Lemon wrote:

U wot m8?

Not sure if I should be happy to hear that or even more annoyed with the game for pulling that kind of shit in the first place DAMN YOU!

It's Dark Souls, it pulls that shit all the time and it expects you to enjoy it. And I usually do. Laughing

As for another sticking point in a game, there was a part of Mother 3 where you go through an attic filled with possessed instruments. I remember dying over and over in that area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was stuck on that bit for ages!   I was stuck on that bit for ages! Empty

Back to top Go down

I was stuck on that bit for ages!
Page 1 of 1