We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abort or A Port

Go down 
+4
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Abort or A Port - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 1:27

I've actually got a soft spot for Theme Hospital. There's not a lot out there like it whereas Theme Park had to contend with the likes of Rollercoaster Tycoon. So, off to the doctor's we go!

Abort or Port?

Abort or A Port - Page 2 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 8:18

I'm surprised Two Point Hospital hasn't been ported to anything yet.

Anyway, this is easy as I've never got why people love Titanfall 2, that I have to go for Apex as till playing I would have said BR's are shite but it convinced me otherwise.

Abort or A Port - Page 2 08ecff4e7f0cf8b0041d8e5fc32a5d45bf6da3587c21d4d12eac815d18cffb6b_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639Abort or A Port - Page 2 Buy-sunset-overdrive-cd-key-pc-download-img1
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 10:37

Just as well mas got in there first because I don't think I could genuinely pick between Apex or Titanfall 2 as both are superb!

As for mas' picks? It has to be Ori and the blind forest.

-----

How about a we have a Dreamcast special

Abort or A Port - Page 2 220px-Toy_Commander

VS

Abort or A Port - Page 2 220px-Ready2rumbleboxing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 17:46

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing! I'd quite like to see both ported though.

~

Abort or port?

Abort or A Port - Page 2 51hVGNhU-CL

Vs.

Abort or A Port - Page 2 51XER4QT97L._AC_SX430_

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 19:31

Argh bugger, I've got some

catching up to do:

As for Cappa's, it is without a doubt Soul Calibur II.  I never played Tekken 3, but SCII is the last 'proper' fighter I played and got into.  Come for Link, stay for the massive campaign mode.  Top top game. Thumbs Up!

Abort or A Port?

Abort or A Port - Page 2 476119-bloodborne-playstation-4-front-coverAbort or A Port - Page 2 379889-nioh-playstation-4-front-cover
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 20:43

I think I've agreed with most of the picks so far. I would love to see a Theme Hospital game ported over to the Switch. There's something about those old Bullfrog games.

I think I might have gone for Titanfall 2 instead of Apex, but that's a close call.

On Balla's picks. I know Bloodborne is a great game, but I've already played it and Nioh is the fresher face so lets go with Nioh!

ABORT OR PORT

Abort or A Port - Page 2 220px-Mr._Driller_Box_Art

VS

Abort or A Port - Page 2 220px-Tomba%21_NTSC
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 20:53

Bloodborne just wouldn't happen either since it's published by Sony, also I've been meaning to get Nioh (too many games) and a Switch port would likely get me to bite.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 20:57

Port Tomba/Tombi there. Mr. Driller is grand, but it's been the same basic game for the last twenty years, and once you've played one, you've played them all.

~

Abort or A Port - Page 2 51XSA8Q82FL._SY445_

Vs.

Abort or A Port - Page 2 611BH8SW3VL._SY445_
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 21:08

The_Jaster wrote:
Bloodborne just wouldn't happen either since it's published by Sony...

I'm assuming we can go as daft as we want with these, right Mas? Nice bit of Halo on the Switch?

I think I'll leave this one to somebody else... Shifty
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 21:10

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I'm assuming we can go as daft as we want with these, right Mas?  Nice bit of Halo on the Switch?

I think I'll leave this one to somebody else... Shifty

Ahh I figured that might be the case.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 22:28

Nier vs. Persona 5: I'd probably rather play Nier, but it's Persona 5 for the very shallow reason of justifying Joker's existence in SSBU in my eyes.

Surprised as I would have thought Nier is to actiony for you and Persona 5 is easily the best JRPG we've had in the past 5 years maybe longer, that I thought that would be your choice being a fan of the genre, even without SMASH.

Apex vs. Titanfall 2: Titanfall 2 all day every day.  I've heard very good things about Titanfall's single-player.  Does Apex even have a single-player?  I don't care for online shootybang stuff, not being good at aiming kind of reduces the appeal.

Nope Apex doesn't have a single player mode being a f2p BR game, that I reckon you would get more out of T2 because it has an SP mode. However, if both did come to Switch, I can see me playing Apex and maybe some others on here as well would that are playing on PS4, not Xbox.

Ori vs. Sunset Overdrive: Wasn't Sunset actually a bit bobbins once the orange dust settled?  Definitely Ori.

Whoever told you Sunset is bobbins are utterly WRONG!, it is part from Forza Horizon 4 (I've still not played Ori) the best Xbox One "Exclusive" by a mile. If it was a PS4 game (same goes for Quantum Break) we would have had a sequel by now and it would be praised more then it is.

Balladeer and Jas

I'm assuming we can go as daft as we want with these, right Mas?  Nice bit of Halo on the Switch?

Ahh I figured that might be the case.

Yep as Nioh is also a Sony published game and we've had God of War (2018) brought up that anything goes.

NBA Street 2 as street basketball games always seem to make a bit more sense to me.

Abort or A Port - Page 2 71qnC8p9D4LAbort or A Port - Page 2 Latest?cb=20171210153843
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 22:57

I think you've picked a winner in NBA Street Mas. I never did play Fifa Street, but NBA Street Vol. 2 is a class act through and through and I imagine it would still hold up today.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 0:05

I know nothing about either of those Kojima titles beyond Policenauts turning up as a poster in MGS1, so I'll leave that to somebody else.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 21:14

masofdas wrote:
Surprised as I would have thought Nier is to actiony for you and Persona 5 is easily the best JRPG we've had in the past 5 years maybe longer, that I thought that would be your choice being a fan of the genre, even without SMASH.

At the end of the day I prefer games with more gameplay than less.  I'm possibly also suffering a little bit of JRPG fatigue after playing two massive ones in two years.  Then again, I don't know much about Nier.  Maybe I'm wrong.

masofdas wrote:
Whoever told you Sunset is bobbins are utterly WRONG!, it is part from Forza Horizon 4 (I've still not played Ori) the best Xbox One "Exclusive" by a mile. If it was a PS4 game (same goes for Quantum Break) we would have had a sequel by now and it would be praised more then it is.

I may be misremembering, it is very possible.

As for Mas' choices, I marginally prefer the art style of Policenauts, and Google Image search didn't immediately throw a shower scene at me when I looked it up; so that!

Abort or a port?  Let's say that the developers say the other two are 'likely if the first game sells well'. Rolling Eyes

Abort or A Port - Page 2 9494-halo-combat-evolved-xbox-front-coverAbort or A Port - Page 2 99443-uncharted-drake-s-fortune-playstation-3-front-cover
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 21:24

I'm not going to pick as my game was before this one but even though I love both of those series. The one has been going downhill for years and the other pretty much got better.

But the first game of one is a masterpiece and other is just okay.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 16 May 2019 - 23:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 22:57

I'd like to give Halo another try. I played it when it was new and thought it was a load of sci-fi pish. I'm not thirteen anymore though, so maybe it's all right.

~

Abort or port?

Abort or A Port - Page 2 170305

Vs.

Abort or A Port - Page 2 81%2BALi%2Bjs1L._SX425_
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2019 - 12:36

That's an excellent shout with only one right answer that I'm not going to do because I suggested the last one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2019 - 15:31

I know Picross DS is the right choice but doesn't Switch already have a few versions of the standard game on it? For that reason I will go with 3d one. Twisted Evil

----

Abort or A Port - Page 2 220px-ChinatownWars

VS

Abort or A Port - Page 2 220px-Aliens_Infestation_Coverart
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May 2019 - 20:26

The_Jaster wrote:
I know Picross DS is the right choice but doesn't Switch already have a few versions of the standard game on it? For that reason I will go with 3d one. Twisted Evil

Boo

The Switch only has the Picross e series (now renamed 'Picross s'), which lack a lot of the charm, substance, and feeling of not being a phone-in of the DS game. 3D's still good, but not anywhere near the same league.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 12:23

I've not played either. But a GTA game on Switch would do numbers, and I think it would be great if Rockstar started making stuff for the Switch so Chinatown gets my vote.

And now onto the abort or port dream fatal fourway:

Abort or A Port - Page 2 51DZ2HRscXL._SX342_ Abort or A Port - Page 2 51Nk6jT73GL._SX342_Abort or A Port - Page 2 51298DTBH8L._SX342_Abort or A Port - Page 2 2dc2e4649b8d9459b6448ed394f24ad3
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 18:17

Wheel of Fortune seems like it'd be best positioned for some multiplayer Switch antics, so that.

Abort or A Port - Page 2 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 21:20

The answer's The Weakest Link for the deadpan snark lines alone and I can't believe any fool would say otherwise. DAMN YOU! As for Jay, the Borderlands series' style has always appealed to me, whereas Destiny looked like the drabbest dullest First-Person Looter imaginable. So BL2. Preferably BL1 as well: I understand the story's fairly important.

Abort or a port?

Abort or A Port - Page 2 Header
Abort or A Port - Page 2 Header
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 22:30

Balladeer wrote:
 Preferably BL1 as well: I understand the story's fairly important.

Not reaaaally... it's more set dressing for having fun shooting times with your mates. BL1's story could be summed up with a sentence or two.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 2:48

Balladeer wrote:
The answer's The Weakest Link for the deadpan snark lines alone and I can't believe any fool would say otherwise. DAMN YOU!

This came up on a podcast recently. I'm not sure how well it holds up; sounds like she got pretty homophobic and did a lot of bodyshaming. Still, putting on Muss' glasses and insulting everyone at the table was a good party trick for a couple weeks a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 10:04

For me and my mates, The Weakest Link on PSone holds some of our all-time favourite multiplayer memories. Some very hilarious, but some very bittersweet as they involve one of our best pals who passed away a couple of years ago. I just bought a copy for one of these mates as he's started having folk round for old retro gaming. It's a really important game for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abort or A Port   Abort or A Port - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abort or A Port
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next