We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 21:48

I've got SteamWorld Quest and Days Gone should get me some tidy points
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 21:52

I'm still not sold on Days Gone doing that well - I don't think you'll lose points, but I don't think it'll break 80.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 10:20

I reckon you'll be OK - I think 85 for Days Gone, in that it'll be well written and quite fun to play, but considered a bit derivative. I've absolutely no interest in it at all myself.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 18:39

I'm slightly concerned about MK11 as whilst it's meant to play very well, it's supposedly riddled with terrible microstransactions which is probably WB Games's fault. I hope it doesn't negatively impact the reviews too much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 19:25

I agree with Jim, I reckon Days Gone will score 82-87 as it looks very much an 8 game with it being a tad derivative stopping it getting 9's.

Depends how they're done as if it's for all the costumes and parts then it's okay but do costumes etc give you an edge on the competition like in Injustice 2?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 19:51

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm slightly concerned about MK11 as whilst it's meant to play very well, it's supposedly riddled with terrible microstransactions which is probably WB Games's fault. I hope it doesn't negatively impact the reviews too much.

As opposed to hoping that the reviews give an honest and balanced appraisal of the game's faults? Winky Face Blimey this is causing some mixed priorities! Anyway, it's on 83 at the moment. When's BoxBoy out? I can't wait to fail humorously to catch up! Shifty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 9:44

I'm on the board with my 12 points for Steamworld Quest which I'm a little disappointed in I&F games have only gone up since Dig and avg about 85, sure it's only 3 points but that could make the difference at the end.

I think Days Gone reviews drop this afternoon and Balla you must be having the Boxes dropping as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 19:43

Oh yeah, time to rake in dem points! Dance

(looks pointedly away from league table)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 19:59

Days Gone is going to get me like 2 points, I've read some of the reviews and it has 9's then 5's so very mixed plus some of 5's etc same the game is just avg.

5 should be avg but unfortunately, we see it as a bad score (left alive which is a bad game had 5's etc from people who say 5 = bad) and 7's which the game is on is what most would say an avg game is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:01

Balladeer wrote:
Blimey this is causing some mixed priorities!

Ah, come on now Balla - if you know me at all, you know I'm not a fan of microtransactions, but I'm allowed to hope that my game reviews well in the thread about hoping your roster of games score highly with whatever arbitrary number journalists chuck at it. I'm not an advocate of MTXs at all! (For what it's worth, it's a grindy progression system that's the issue in MK11, you can't buy the in-game currency, it just takes fucking AGES to earn it, which the devs are adjust to their credit).

masofdas wrote:
Days Gone is going to get me like 2 points

Yep, my prediction of "not breaking 80" seems to be ringing true. If my "disappointment" ends up being an 82, I'll be happy with my overall performance. I just need to pick up a game that scores 80+ for my last slot and I should be in with a real shout of winning, barring Boxboy scoring 100 or whatever.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:08

One of my indies could save me as those could get 9+ from the right people.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:49

Yeah, I'm starting to think that having more indies than AAA titles could spell success as I reckon they'll not be as susceptible to fluctuating review scores like your big releases - I'm tempted to go for an indie title for my last game, actually, as I've gone for big titles outside of Cadence of Hyrule which is still a big release considering it's got the Zelda name attached to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 19:04

I was just hoping that peeps that think Days Gone is avg (which might be) would have for 7's as that seems avg and not 5's which does bring it down to 70 odd then a low 80.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 21:25

Boxboy does not get a score of 100, but a respectable 83. The projected points gap closes between Balla and myself... will that reflect the true final scores?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 11:15

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Blimey this is causing some mixed priorities!

Ah, come on now Balla - if you know me at all, you know I'm not a fan of microtransactions, but I'm allowed to hope that my game reviews well in the thread about hoping your roster of games score highly with whatever arbitrary number journalists chuck at it. I'm not an advocate of MTXs at all! (For what it's worth, it's a grindy progression system that's the issue in MK11, you can't buy the in-game currency, it just takes fucking AGES to earn it, which the devs are adjust to their credit).

Oh come on, you leave out the winky face and it makes it look like I meant it seriously. Naughty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 19:20

To my credit, your emoticon was before that particular statement, hence why I thought you were being genuine!

In other news, it looks Days Gone is settling at 72, meaning it's in the bottom three games currently released in the league. TCK is yet to have any of his games come out!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 21:28

Next year can we do sells predictions instead?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2019 - 20:09

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 Danny-Glover-No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 21:33

On a serious note and I know I'm very early in saying this, but it should be fairly easy to start this again next year. I'll probably allow for people to bow out or jump in and then kick start year two of this league.

On a more interesting note, Bloodstained actually looks really good now - Cappa's picked up a winner there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 May 2019 - 20:35

I'd be up for next years, which be rather interesting if we get or two new consoles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptySun 5 May 2019 - 16:56

I'm guessing there'll be more buying of games throughout the year if we do it again next time? I didn't like that bit so much. Sad I'll still play, natch!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:43

That's the plan, yep. It'll depend on if we have a few extra additions to the league or not, but I'm definitely planning to up the number of pick up games to avoid dumping all your cash on one or two titles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 12:10

Anyone going to be brave and take Final Fantasy VII, if I had spot I reckon I'd take punt as nostalgia will keep it high.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 21:52

I'm tempted, but I'm not sure if we're getting it this year. I'm holding off till E3 for my last game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 22:00

How Nomura was talking and it being episodic still, I do think we're getting Episode 1 this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 7 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next