We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 20:02

I'll trade you the Tombi demo for the demo disc with all the Net Yaroze games on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 20:15

Oh - oh - wait - me - me - I'm in - please

I'm going to vote with my heart. By which I mean badly.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 21:09

I'm not 100% sure I get it but count me in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 21:12

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Jimbob's Football Manager Touch 2018 save

Aw boo! I wanted to get some extra OpenCritic points through Balladeer's excellent football skills.

...yes, I really did just type that and mean it, in a way. Huh. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 21:26

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm not 100% sure I get it but count me in.

Have a wee gander at the FAQs on the site itself - I was a bit stumped at first too.

That's us up to 7 once Cappa accepts his invite - that's around the number I was hoping for, but the more the merrier so fire me a PM with your email if you'd like an invite too!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 22:42

I've got a list of about 30 games on it, along with twitting about some missing ones on the site I wouldn't mind picking up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 0:05

Right chuffsters - that's the signups shut off and the draft has commenced!

Something I think we should all agree to is to avoid picking DLC/expansions for existing games. Those almost defeat the point of the game, so I think we should avoid those and I'm almost half-tempted to rip them out from anybody's roster who picks them. The key ones to avoid from looking down the list were the Shovel Knight King Knight expansion, the MHW expansion, the Cuphead DLC and an expansion for FFXIV. Let's keep it interesting by picking new games or complete remakes only.

Also, if a game's already got review scores landing - which could happen if we pick games coming out in early February - then don't pick it either. You're only cheating yourself. Naughty

With that out of the way, I've kicked things off with the safest bet possible in Sekiro.

If you can periodically check back onto the draft site on your phone or whatever to see if it's your turn, that should keep things moving along nicely. If you can't get on the site, drop me a DM with a list of games in order that you'd like to go for and I can pick them for you if need be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 9:04

Dam there goes three of my picks, I've done my first so now over to Andy.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 26 Jan 2019 - 9:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 9:38

I think that might happen a lot mas, it’s almost like we want to go for the good games Winky Face

Over to the Balls Man

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 9:43

Like you were going to go for the Cuphead DLC, Jay and his rules.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: GNamer Fantasy Games League   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 9:48

Oh, I read it as if he stole Sekiro, in that case you deserve to lose that choice you dirty cheat

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 11:20

You call it cheating I call it gaming the system
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 14:10

Erm....

Quote :

Gaming the system (also gaming or bending the rules, or rigging, abusing, cheating, milking, playing, cheating the system, or working the system)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 15:55

Genuinely didn't read this before I picked the Shovel Knight expansion. Sorry. Can I change it? I'll see if I can.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 0:10

Not to worry Cappa - 'twas an easy fix.

I'm surprised we got through the whole draft in a day! Shocked

Nice going troops.

So, what next? Well, each of us has the opportunity to pick up three additional games to round out your roster throughout the year. You can either pick three additional games now or wait till E3/Nintendo Directs/other conferences roll around to nab that hot new announcement. You run the risk of missing out on some unannounced classics if you go for games right now though.

How does it work? So, we've each got $100 (Gamebucks or some such fake currency) to bid on our pickups. Every Monday, the bids are processed by the site and if you're successful in your bid, then it's added to your roster. You can bid as little as $0, but you'll be outbid by anybody who places a higher bid by a dollar.

One rule I'd like to add as I'm not sure if the site forces this, but I'll say it anyway: you MUST get your three pickups by the end of the year. You've got to have a full roster of eight or you're a shitebag.

Right... let's get to it!

Any thoughts on folks' rosters? I can't believe I managed to nab most of my roster - Pokémon sat there unpicked for a criminally long time, I'd say. I really struggled with my counterpick being last in the draft for that, but I suppose that's fair as I was first in the gaming draft. I went for Toejam and Earl as I reckon that game is going to feel super outdated in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 0:20

I think you might be the one to beat as you've got 5 AAA games which will all likely come out this year.

I've got a nice mix at the moment, if I've were to single out one game that might be my weak link it be Steamworld Quest due to the genre change.

I'm rather shocked by Smurf picking Shenmue III as like I said in my 2019 predictions, I can see it being utter crap.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 1:05

I'm banking on nostalgia getting it plenty of good reviews as it's my understanding the first 2 games were pants as well and they reviewed well. I do feel I'm most at risk of games not being released this year with that and Ghost of Tsushima.

That Snake pick was so frustrating when I tried to plan ahead, was gutted when Andy picked up Builders 2.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 1:29

The first two are utter classics which helped shape gaming though, where's 3 looks a utter mess and remember I'm someone that's backed $160 towards 3.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 1:56

masofdas wrote:

I'm rather shocked by Smurf picking Shenmue III as like I said in my 2019 predictions, I can see it being utter crap.

Shenmue III was the safest counter-pick going in my eyes there!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 7:15

For the first four, I went for games I want to support and see do well. I had my choice of loads of safe and certain belters for my first shot, gave the likes of MK11, DMC5 and DQB2 some thought, but then quickly decided 'no chance, I want the goose game!'.

The Last of Us Part II could balls up the whole thing, but I feel like it's development has been rolling on for ages now; surely it's got to come out in 2019? I felt just a little more confident in that than Pokémon Gen 8 or Bayonetta 3.

I think Jay and andyman have the lists best set up for success.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 9:33

Naughty Dog does have amazing turn around but Uncharted 4 was 3 years ago this year, I don't know if that's a long enough dev time for a game like The Last of Us Part 2 and Sony doesn't need to rush them either.

I feel Ghost of Tsushima is more likely to come out as Infamous was 5 years ago this year, if I had to pick out of the which one comes out this year along with Death Stranding it be Ghost but Ghost is my counter as only thing really left that could be a 2020 game.

On my games Ori scored 89, Afterparty's predecessor Oxenfree scored 81 and now they have a bigger budget to work with, Steamworld games on avg score 86, Gears 4 scored 83 and was a bit muh which the Coalition know that they'll be wanting to make a better game with 5, Warcraft III from what I know people love and has a 92 on Game Rankings that I can see the remake doing just as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 12:14

I fucked it by not choosing Pokémon Gen. 8 (which I searched for and couldn't find, I think because I included the accent and OpenCritic didn't Sulk ) and GoW5 and instead choosing a bunch of maybes. I have no confidence in coming anywhere the top of the table.

I reckon UGG's a fairly safe bet for Cappa actually.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 15:31

Untitled Goose Game has got high scores written all over it. "An unqualified triumph of the heart and soul" will say EDGE, but in ten thousand uninteresting words.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 16:59

Any way those of us not involved can see everyone's games list?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 17:45

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

The Last of Us Part II could balls up the whole thing, but I feel like it's development has been rolling on for ages now; surely it's got to come out in 2019? I felt just a little more confident in that than Pokémon Gen 8 or Bayonetta 3.

I'll give you Bayo, but there's been a Pokémon game every year for bloody ages, so I reckon we're definitely getting Gen 8 this year. For what it's worth, the composer of TLoU 2 said that the game's coming soon, which suggests 2019 could very well happen.

The_Jaster wrote:
Any way those of us not involved can see everyone's games list?

This link should let you view the league standings and the games we've chosen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 2 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next