We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)

Go down 
+3
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Balladeer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) Empty
PostSubject: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 19:08

Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) Steamworld-quest-announced-2

Out today. I'm downloading it as soon as I get home, in my third attempt to get on with an Image & Form game. I'm hoping that it being a turn-based RPG will help with that. Anybody else joining me?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 19:55

It is a tad pricy but seeing I liked Heist and Dig 2, not so much Dig 1 as it's your fav type of game Balla. I do like an RPG as well which this one seems Paper Mario-ish then let's say a Final Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 20:07

Hope they do good genres next time. SteamWorld Sports. SteamWorld Racing. SteamWorld Mania.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 21:57

Hot on the heels of the worst music in games, we have the worst voice acting in games! Laughing What the f**k accent is that meant to be?

Also Laughing at the story being 'the gods were bored so they mucked up the world'.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:10

I'm not sure if I'd get a lot out of it as I'm not usually big on card-based RPGs and their ilk. How's it playing, Balla?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:19

Early signs suggest that the randomness isn't as bad as you might think, what with a generous hand size and two redraws per turn; but I've played three battles thus far. Ask me again in a few days?

The dialogue's a lot more charming when the voice acting goes quiet...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 23:21

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm not sure if I'd get a lot out of it as I'm not usually big on card-based RPGs and their ilk. How's it playing, Balla?

You ever played Steamworld Heist, Jay? If not I think you'd get on with that way more, also for me it is far and away the best game in the Steamworld series.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 0:00

I have not, no! I've not played any of the Steamworld games, incidentally...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 1:36

The ultimate edition is on switch for like 15 quid.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 11:13

Heist is fantastic you should definitely play heist if you like turn based strategy in the slightest. It's like a 2D Mario + Rabbids if that helps?

I'm definitely going to get this, but not immediately. I should be getting Days Gone today and I just started Okami on Switch (and when I say "just started" I mean the opening dialogue took like 20 minutes so I stopped as soon as I could control anything).
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 11:16

How's the SWQ treating you, reckon it's worth the £23?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 21:26

I'm enjoying it so far!  I can see myself actually finishing this one.  The combat's pretty fun, the deck-building is tight (24 cards between three party members means you're unlikely to get lost in cards), and the story/writing/characters are strong.  That latter part's the key, I think, for a JRPG.  Dividing the experience into levels is something no JRPG worth its salt should ever do, and the cut-scene skip is lousy; but otherwise I'm having a good time thus far, all of three chapters in. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 22:28

I wouldn't be skipping cutscenes as it's I play a story based game, otherwise, I might as well play FIFA.

What's up with the levelling?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2019 - 7:46

I’ve found the story to be pretty poor so far, I like the game mechanically but the story isn’t landing for me

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2019 - 20:08

Meh, there are only six or so types of stories in the world anyway.  What matters is how it's told.  I think the telling is whimsical enough. I had been getting a bit bored of the battling to be honest, given how many enemies you get chucked at you; but then I hit Chapter 5 and they switched things up a bit.

masofdas wrote:
I wouldn't be skipping cutscenes as it's I play a story based game, otherwise, I might as well play FIFA.

I've had to go back to a couple of chapters to get chests I've missed.  It comes in handy then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)   Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steamworld Quest (believe in the clockwork heart of the cards)
Page 1 of 1