Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)

Go down 
+3
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) Empty
PostSubject: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyFri 29 Sep 2017 - 20:34

Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) 463169-SD2

It's a banger, apparently. So am I the only one currently playing this? We've got two who blitzed it and others who've put it in the backlog...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyFri 29 Sep 2017 - 23:22

I think I've got about an hour to go before I'm done.

Pleased you've got it as it is a banger.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptySat 30 Sep 2017 - 4:46

Whilst I have beaten it, my Stuff Discovered rating was 42% at the end. Whilst this pleases me as a fan of sci-fi, I am keen to do better. In terms of the game itself, it's one of the better-paced Metroid-likes I've played recently in terms of dishing out new powers. Too many of them have made the player too weak at the beginning - not SWD2. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 9:56

I will certainly be getting it at some point! I should probably finish the games I got for my birthday first; otherwise, friends and family might think they've done a "Lee Carvello's Putting Challenge".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 16:37

I thought I was going to beat the game last night but it's done a classic video game trope.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 20:02

Died for the first time with a sack full of treasure. DAMN YOU! I'm not particularly impressed that the sodding woodlice respawn. Ah well, now for the cactus thingies.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 21:18

Ooof! You've plenty left to do, Mr. Balla. *totally not jealous*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyFri 6 Oct 2017 - 20:36

Sorry Ballla

I had way more to do then I thought from my last post. How did peeps do with ranks all mine where bronze part from time which was silver?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyThu 10 Jun 2021 - 12:59

I've been playing this and have thoughts.

I really enjoyed the first game; there was something therapeutic about digging and gradually getting further into the unknown, collecting gems and what not. I love what this sequel is doing, but I've just hit the sci-fi horror section and it's thrown me. Now I'm on edge, having to sneak through areas. I'm not sure I like it, but I understand why the developer went this way. It has a bit of the Hollow Knight about it - something you can see in the boss battles (which are tougher). Just wanted to know if this stealth-horror bit is the rest of the game or if it's just a section? It's gone from "ooh, I'm looking forward to some Steamworld Dig 2 tonight" to "oh, maybe I'll play that instead tonight"...
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptyThu 10 Jun 2021 - 13:01

I don't think it lasted very long. I really don't enjoy stealth, and I don't really remember that section super well so it can't have taken up much of the game!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 14:35

Ha, can't believe I started this thread. I absolutely didn't get on with it and dropped it after a couple of hours, just like the predecessor only I didn't have the excuse of procgen. Anyway I'm clearly in the minority. (Liked Quest a lot though.)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 20:00

I have no memory of a stealth section in the game so I'd hope that's a sign it didn't last long and overall I loved this game so the better parts of the game left their impression on me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)   Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steamworld Dig 2 (Quick, Before Everyone Here Finishes It!)
Page 1 of 1