We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories  Empty
PostSubject: Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories    Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories  EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 19:37

Whether it was with puppets at E3 2015, with Adult Swim models at E3 2014 or with Reggie himself confidently striding out onto the stage at E3 2004 and exclaiming that he was all about “battering fuck out of the fuckin' lot of youse”, Nintendo has given us lots of brilliant E3 memories. There’s been a lot of bollocks too, but, nah. With just a fortnight until the next E3 extravaganza/letdown (delete as appropriate), let’s remind ourselves of our fondest and happiest Nintendo E3 memories.

~

Though I wasn’t really arsed with gaming at the time, E3 2006 really stood out as something special to me. Special enough that in my pre-broadband days, I got myself a library membership and watched the whole conference on one of their computers once I’d heard about what happened. I was down that library first thing that next morning, and I floored by how good it was!

Those original Wii trailers really grabbed me - it felt like the Wii was going to be the massive kick up the arse that gaming in the 2000s needed. And so it proved. The brand-new, reborn NGamer Magazine really enhanced my excitement over it too - you could tell that all those writers were floored by how good it was as well.

My main memory is this belter though:

As said, I wasn’t all that arsed with gaming around this time, but my mates and I still played the odd game of Melee with a few tins before heading out. I wasn’t the only one excited about a brand new Smash, we were all really looking forward to it. I had a mate who said he was buying a Wii just to play as Snake, that’s how massive it felt to us. It's probably still my favourite E3 memory and moment. How about yours?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories    Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories  EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 22:16

That Smash trailer's a great shout!  As is the thread idea.  Here are a couple of mine.

This looked absolutely magical when it was shown off in 2010.  I couldn't believe what they were squeezing out of the humble 3DS.  I still can't if I'm honest.

I almost put the puppets, but in the end they were dragged down by the material around them.  No such qualms in 2014, when Nintendo of America's President kicking the bejeezus out of Satoru Iwata made me gasp in awe.  IN AWE I SAY.

Finally, E3 Abridged!  These were brilliant while they were still being done (this one in 2013).  Possibly not quite in the spirit of the thread, but Sony's E3's offerings have never made me laugh so much.  Not even in 2006.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories    Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories  EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 1:35

The Reggie vs Iwata battle was the first one that came to mind for me, but Balla's beat me to the punch!

Thinking about it though... this probably meant more to me.

Having only dabbled in Nintendo's handheld offerings between the time I stopped giving the Wii much though in 2009/10 to the run-up to the Switch, the idea of getting back on board with proper home console Nintendo experiences was an exciting prospect. But this short trailer and the subsequent coverage took my excitement to a whole new level.

This might be my favourite trailer for any game, ever. It squeezed so much into it to get players dreaming about the escapades they'd be getting up to in Hyrule and highlighted some of the new mechanics to show that this was a new take on Zelda. The music was incredible - so good, in fact, that I borrowed it for a really dumb video - and ultimately made me certain that I was picking up Nintendo's next home console (or a Wii U, if it came to that).

What a game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories    Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories  EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 0:08

I still watch that trailer from time to time, it just captures the essence of the game so well to the point I feel all nostalgic about a game released just over 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories    Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories  Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Nintendo E3 Memories
Page 1 of 1