We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 15:12

Start the hype train.

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 Tumblr_ncthyyNlm01r9f37qo1_500

Nintendo Press Release wrote:
Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at http://e3.nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017.

Immediately following Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Nintendo is once again bringing back Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, a live-streamed showcase of upcoming games for Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Gameplay for all the featured games will be streamed from the E3 show floor June 13 to June 15 via http://e3.nintendo.com, as well as on Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch. In addition to gameplay, the livestream will include behind-the-scenes info and commentary from game developers and members of the Nintendo Treehouse.

When Nintendo’s booth space opens at noon on June 13, show attendees will be among some of the first people in the world to get their hands on Super Mario Odyssey, as well as other games for Nintendo Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is Mario’s first sandbox-style game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

In addition to all of these activities, Nintendo will also host game tournaments that will be live-streamed from the E3 show floor. The 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational splats onto the scene on June 13 and features Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch. Composed of four pre-qualified squid squads from the U.S., Japan, Europe and Australia/New Zealand, the tournament will find teams participating in the first-ever international Splatoon 2 competition. The second tournament, the 2017 ARMS Open Invitational, takes place on June 14 and will feature Nintendo’s upcoming ARMS fighting game for Nintendo Switch.

Minimal 3DS! Dance Playable SMO! Dance Dance If anyone can bottle it from here it's Ninty, but this looks like it should be Nintendo's year.  Should be.

Good news, bad news?  Sad that there's a 2017 focus?  Oh, and are the other companies doing anything?  Until 5pm on June 13th, it's over to you/us.

Other conferences (Masofdas):

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 11 May 2017 - 18:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 15:29

The first thing I noticed was that they'd only mentioned Switch in regards to the presentation, with 3DS cropping up in the treehouse. I tweeted to Jas "Balla will be happy."

I'm pretty chuffed. Sounds like what I was wanting/ expecting, and I'd rather a good showing for games I can play in the next 12 months than lots of meaningless CG trailers for games I might play, potentially, one day.

I only have one real wish: #MonsterHunterXXForTheWest #MonsterHunterXXForTheSwitch #MonsterHunterXXForTheLuke #MonsterHunter5ForTheSwitch #MonsterHunter5ForTheWest #MonsterHunter5ForTheLuke
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 16:41

Agree with everything the drunk man is saying there, I like the focus they have on SMO which isn't too different from what they done with BotW & it also leaves plenty room for the odd surprise.

#MonsterHunterXXForTheWest #MonsterHunterXXForTheSwitch #MonsterHunterXXForTheJas #MonsterHunter5ForTheSwitch #MonsterHunter5ForTheWest #MonsterHunter5ForTheJas
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 17:53

Makes sense to focus on Switch and the big holiday game as that is what the general public is likely to see over the Treehouse.

Others:

Saturday, June 10
EA Play Conference 20.00

Sunday, June 11
Xbox - 22.00

Monday, June 12
Bethesda - 03.00

Tuesday, June 13th
PlayStation 02.00

Ubisoft TBC but likely Monday evening, PC Gamer Show to be some time, I don't think anyone else will be holding one maybe Square Enix at a push.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 18:39

I've put the other conference details in the OP.  Copied them straight from Mas, so take no responsibility for any mistakes. Nah nah!

I hope they don't focus too much on SMO, they haven't advertised it as that and I doubt there'll be quite as much to go into as there was with BotW.  I expect they'll finish on it, which is fine so long as they've got substantially more to show (at the same time I'm not sure I want to see substantially more...), but I want to see plenty of new games too.

I'm sure we will, mind.  There's just a little part of my mind going, 'This is Nintendo we're talking about...'
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 19:13

Balladeer wrote:
I've put the other conference details in the OP.  Copied them straight from Mas, so take no responsibility for any mistakes. Nah nah!

I hope they don't focus too much on SMO, they haven't advertised it as that and I doubt there'll be quite as much to go into as there was with BotW.  I expect they'll finish on it, which is fine so long as they've got substantially more to show (at the same time I'm not sure I want to see substantially more...), but I want to see plenty of new games too.

I'm sure we will, mind.  There's just a little part of my mind going, 'This is Nintendo we're talking about...'

Yeah I said on twitter that I want no more than 2 treehouse segments for SMO & also have them on separate days.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 19:24

I'd be more than happy with wall-to-wall Mario. Imagine the Nintendo that made Zelda applied to the creative freedom of a mad over-the-top Mario game. I could just die.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:05

I just want Emma Stone to be shown in Death Stranding.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:13

Are you just hoping Kojima will do with her what Cage did with Ellen Paige Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:21

You forget the scenes with Quiet?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:22

Never.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:33

Hey Kojima? I'm still waiting to feel embarrassed about that whole Quiet thing..........maybe Konami were right to lock you in a room.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:35

I am deeply ashamed of my words and deeds. She breathed through her skin, Jas. She breathed through her skin.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:37

SPOILERS Drunka! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 21:19

Yep, I had the same thought as Drunka about Balla loving the minimal 3DS part of Nintendo's E3 plans. I still expect announcements during the Treehouse, but that's definitely a sure-fire sign of stripping things back.

I'm a wee bit concerned about the part of the announcement that states they'll only be talking about 2017's games though. As much as there's a lot they can show off, I still want to feel excited about a release or two coming next year on Switch. I appreciate that Nintendo's Direct format lends itself to holding off on a few surprises for later, but E3's when they'll have the most eyes on them - why not blow us away with a blockbuster 2018 release when the world's watching?

Depressingly, I'll be working on the evening of the Direct so I'll have to go full Internet quarantine until I get home. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 21:22

I'm hopeful that means plenty of great unannounced games remain in 2017, but it could just as well be Nintendo being their slightly irritating secretive selves.  Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'd like to see some big unannounced games there, on the same level as SMO.  

It does say 'with a focus on games launching in 2017', so that could mean a couple of 18-ers, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

And I'll be aiming for an early return home that day. Work's usually quite flexible about that sort of thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 22:04

There's something big hiding at E3, I can feel it in my (dry) bones. Incredibly enthusiastic to see more of Super Mario Odyssey, of course, and glad to see the Ancient 3DS is going to be given some time in the sun before its trip to the Great GAME Store In The Sky.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 12:19

No idea why people have such a hate-boner for the 3ds right now.  It's not like Nintendo have been putting their main teams on it recently or anything (heck you could probably pinpoint the month Switch development became their main priority given the overwhelming first-party drought on both 3ds and wii u in recent times), but at the same time they'd be utterly stupid to just throw a system with a userbase of over 45 million in the bin solely because they released a new system.  

Honestly I can't help but feel people are misplacing their disgruntlement over the launch drought that happens to literally every system during a launch.  

*ahem*

Can't say I'm looking forward to E3 the same way others are.  We just had a glut of awesome games, E3's after those are usually fairly tame.  Granted there's mario, but that's already an assured goat, the less spoilers for that the better.  

So yes, I'll throw my immediate prediction for a tame e3 from Nintendo, Sony, and. . . Actually at this point is microsoft even worth mentioning?  Nah, not really, not unless one's a fan of Shark Jumping Halo, generic car racer 209, and generic brutal space shooter 2211.  Looking at them it's honestly kind of sad how the mighty have fallen.  Drama queen

Oh, almost forgot, I am hoping to see news on Zelda's expansion though! Honestly if we get that I'll be satisfied with E3. Which kind of says how much I care for e3 >_>
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 12:29

Halo 5 was alright, Forza is consistently excellent, and Gears is the best manshooting on the market, so. . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 16:27

Xbox is the one I'm most intrigued about as I can guess what Nintendo and Sony will show (We doing predictions?).

I think between Jan 1st and E3 their may only have been one Xbox Anywhere exclusive released Halo Wars 2 (Retail at least), this much like you point out Athrun out about the 3DS & Wii U you can sort of guess when development stopped for them from the main teams as they're now working on Switch games.

MS need to have a strong launch for Scorpio and a great E3 to build hype for it and the Xbox brand. I've thought their last two E3's have been good and I've then gone & got a Xbox One but the games shown I cared about like a Scalebound haven't come out or aren't.

They need to show a bit like Nintendo what is planning, with Xbox Anywhere focusing on 2017 as it is all well in good having the most powerful console on the market but if Nintendo is bringing possibly Mario + Rabbids, Super Mario, Pokemon, Xenoblade on what is on a unique system and Sony having what might be 30+ exclusives to come at some-point along with the Destiny 2, Battlefront II, COD: WWII and Red Dead Redemption 2 partnerships.

You've got to really show something to go this is why to own a Xbox this Christmas but the thing is I don't know what they can show as they don't have very many teams, you can sort of work out what they're all doing, Spencer has said he doesn't like the whole deal thing eg what Sony are doing with the four games I mention above.

That's why I'm intrigued to learn why to care.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 17:15

Oddly, I don't think Microsoft care about intriguing me and you. I could be wrong, but I suspect the angle they're going to go for is a powerful machine with subscription services that mean you don't need to buy games. For people who just want the latest shooter/ racer to play with their mates, a Scorpio with top graphics and a "netflix for games" service will be all they need.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 17:20

Can't see the Netflix service coming in just yet for latest releases as must be more money to be made for actually selling COD then someone subbing for it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 17:34

Not right away, no, but I reckon that's the endgame they're angling for. People won't even buy £10 DVDs these days, I don't think £60 videogames are a sustainable model for the truly mainstream.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 17:52

Yeah I said myself back when the Xbox One was first shown.

Game Pass will show if their is demand or not for the service, if it does the numbers they want, I wouldn't be shocked if the next xbox is just like a Now TV box thing you can buy.

I think with E3 though most people watching will be the hardcore and the ones willing to pay $500 for a Scorpio and not the guy who just plays FIFA with his mates, who'd be more then happy to pay whatever month and have done with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 EmptySat 13 May 2017 - 12:48

That's a depressing thought. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next