We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...

Go down 
+9
mandlecreed
ZeroJones
Silver light
NintenDUCK
beemoh
shanks
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 16:48

The whole affair really bums Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 052
Balladeer wrote:
Not only is it official, it's edited by my least favourite Nintendo journalist of the moment.

Is that a reference to Chandra Nair? He's never been my favourite writer, but he's not that bad is he? He's working quite well with Matthew over on ONM, as far as I can tell. On second thought, my missus used to fancy him so I think the Laws of Man dictate I hate his stupid, goateed face and his ridiculous haircut. He should get a shave and a real job, the lilly-livered ponce.
Quote :
The thought that they got rid of Nintendo Gamer for this makes me rage inwardly.
I said much the same over on ONM. It offends me quite a bit, to be honest. I can only assume they're being paid by Nintendo or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 17:02

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Not only is it official, it's edited by my least favourite Nintendo journalist of the moment.

Is that a reference to Chandra Nair? He's never been my favourite writer, but he's not that bad is he?
To tell the truth I don't know that many Nintendo journalists. My experience is limited to NGamer's cast as were, and those writing in that one issue of ONM I bought. In that, though, Chandra's writing was disappointing, and his attempts to look "cool" made me cringe. And his goatee probably contributed to that, yes!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 17:15

Wow, the thread over at the ONM forums got pretty vicious. The magazine does appear to be little more than a Pokémon World clone and people who were expecting Serebii: The Magazine have taken real offense to that fact!

Balladeer wrote:
his attempts to look "cool" made me cringe.

Couldn't agree more there, but his writing has improved. I would definitely recommend the current incarnation of ONM to any NGamer ex-pats. Its not quite in the same leagues, but its a lot better than the magazine ONM devolved into as I drifted over to NGamer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 17:45

Wow. That thread was vitriolic to the max. I felt bad for Matthew - he was only doing what his Corporate Overlords told him to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 17:59

Buskalilly wrote:
Wow, the thread over at the ONM forums got pretty vicious. The magazine does appear to be little more than a Pokémon World clone and people who were expecting Serebii: The Magazine have taken real offense to that fact!

Balladeer wrote:
his attempts to look "cool" made me cringe.

Couldn't agree more there, but his writing has improved. I would definitely recommend the current incarnation of ONM to any NGamer ex-pats. Its not quite in the same leagues, but its a lot better than the magazine ONM devolved into as I drifted over to NGamer.

Eh. I tried it out. Wasn't my thing really: Castle and Chris were great, the rest was a giant pile of Meh .

And wow. What happened to Nintendo fans being the cuddly ones?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 18:46

Balladeer wrote:
And wow. What happened to Nintendo fans being the cuddly ones?

That was always a myth. You jerk.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 19:44

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 21:53

Balladeer wrote:
What happened to Nintendo fans being the cuddly ones?

We all became jerks because you touch yourself at night.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 21:54

Right, I'm reporting you all to the site staff for bullying!

...oh.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 22:10

The site admins are big smelly willies. Except Stu, he's alright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 22:13

That thread is just murder. Absolutely brutal. Fair play to Tom East and Matthew Castle for keeping their composure - I'd have gone mental at most of those folk if I were in their position.

I'm off to write to the editor of National Geographic Kids because I'm an adult reading a fucking children's magazine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 22:30

JayMoyles wrote:
The site admins are big smelly willies. Except Stu, he's alright.

Laughing

I'm gonna have to have a look through that thread when I next sit down in front of the laptop properly.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Mar 2013 - 9:40

I've not got very far through the ONM Pokémon magazine thread but, well, blimey. Hasn't the Internet given people licence to be jerks?

Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 1235895400745
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 10:39

Wow. Just... wow.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's bloody awful that you'd charge that money for that amount Also, advertising to ONM readers that Chandra's editing it, when in ONM he quite clearly states he hates Pokémon...
But what did people expect from magazine a Pokémon? A magazine about only TWO PEGI 3+ rated games.

And I really will defend the new ONM; it's essentially where Nintendo Gamer left off, with all the same people writing (and if Joe wasn't writing for ONM he'd be writing for NG).

Where am I going with this but... in conclusion... the fault is with... everyone. Ever.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 14:19

Jimbob wrote:
Also, advertising to ONM readers that Chandra's editing it, when in ONM he quite clearly states he hates Pokémon...

Although he probably hates a lot of other games released on Nintendo systems. I think the idea of him being editor is that he's professional enough to put that behind him when he's making decisions about where funding and manpower goes.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 20:18

beemoh wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Also, advertising to ONM readers that Chandra's editing it, when in ONM he quite clearly states he hates Pokémon...

Although he probably hates a lot of other games released on Nintendo systems. I think the idea of him being editor is that he's professional enough to put that behind him when he's making decisions about where funding and manpower goes.

I guess so. I guess I assume we're used to a magazine era where writers wear their heart on their sleeve.

I've revised my opinion into something more coherent: The reaction on the ONM feeds is ridiculous; if it's not for you, then leave it; it's for someone else. But they perhaps shouldn't have advertised it as a companion piece to ONM.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 16:24

Purely for research purposes, I bought the first issue of this. It's definitely not for people over 10 years old. Still, free trading cards! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...   Future launching new Pokemon Magazine... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Future launching new Pokemon Magazine...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2