We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptySat 8 Jun 2019 - 23:57

EA showed off a nice chunk of gameplay during their E3 event, so I suppose there's enough content to warrant a thread for this now!

What did you all think of the gameplay demo? Personally, I thought it looked pretty enough and I'm pleasantly surprised to see elements from Sekiro showing up in the game such as the posture bar. The part where he held the laser blast in place and moved the Stormtrooper into it was pretty cool too.

I will say that it doesn't look mindblowingly good though. Granted, it was just Alpha footage but some of the animations and enemy AI didn't look great and if you removed the Star Wars veneer from the game, it looked similar to a fair few games I've already played. People were comparing it to the Uncharted games and I can see what they were on about for the most part. The lightsabre didn't seem satisfying to use either.

Still, I expect the game will see a wee bit more in the way of polish heading up to release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptySun 9 Jun 2019 - 18:03

It's probably Not For Me. The game doesn't look that exciting, and I really hate anything that's Star Wars-related and takes itself too seriously. Those first 3 films were a bit of fun in space - even the middle on with the Dad thing.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptySun 9 Jun 2019 - 18:30

Looks like a really average 3rd person action game with a Star Wars skin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptySun 9 Jun 2019 - 21:01

Early doors of course but I wasn't impressed by it all, in fact the combat looked boring but hopefully the finished game allows you to be way more playful with the combat like the part in the demo where they slowed time & pulled a trooper into his own laser fire.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 12:42

It looked better at the Xbox conference then it did at EA.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 14:31

The trailer was well made but it didn't change my mind on it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 15:00

Think I'd much rather pick up some of the Fantasy Flight made Star Wars board games than this.

It looks pretty enough, but I'd sooner pick up a copy of Spider-Man - which I've still not got around to playing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 16:06

The reports on how the game works make it sound more interesting than how it demoed - supposedly, there's a planetary map of sorts and Metroidvania elements in which you deck out the wee robot fella with upgrades to access new areas. If there's an incentive to explore and if the combat animations and AI are tightened up a bit more before release, I think this will be worth playing. Not a mindblowing showing for the game, mind you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Page 1 of 1