Grackler Is Cam; Grackler Has Crackler

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Outer Worlds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds EmptySat 15 Jun 2019 - 11:10

I'm not big on Fallout, yet I'm a tad excited about Outer Worlds which looks like it will be not grey, funny in what should be a good Western RPG.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 10:34

Have you played New Vegas mas? This looks so much like it and I am consequently very excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 12:04

Never played NV as I didn't like Fallout 3
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 13:01

Obsidian really did put their own spin on it, while they are similar on a surface level NV is in a different league when it comes to roleplay and quest design, with all the interacting factions and true player agency. Bethesda moved even further away from that with Fallout 4 which is why Outer Worlds is so exciting
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 23:11

New Vegas was excellent - the faction system really made your quest choices matter and made your character feel like part of a world as opposed to a messianic hero figure coming to liberate the wastelands. I'd imagine that quality of writing will be present in The Outer Worlds.

I hope they have some of the dialogue options in TOW linked to your skills. That was great fun in NV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 17:04

I ran a poll on my twitter on what to play next with Luigi's Mansion 3 actually winning but had Andy along with a few others talk about Outer Worlds.

Mainly Andy telling me I wouldn't really like it as I don't like Fallout 3. Meaning of course I'm playing this and not LM3, I'm only on the second place (think it's some sort of space station) and so far really liking it.

I get a real firefly/serenity vibe from the game along with Mass Effect with the companions, quests for them but it's played in first person also as you shoot things it's clearly a FPS Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Outer Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds Empty

Back to top Go down

The Outer Worlds
Page 1 of 1