We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)

Go down 
+4
Balladeer
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) Empty
PostSubject: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 11:54

Retail Games
October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) Luigis-mansion-3-gameplay-e3-2019

I've not had time to do a video but will do one before the start of October as they always get views on YouTube, once done I'll edit it in.

Spoiler:

Best of the Rest

October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) Joker-logo-font-download

Spoiler:

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 12:24

Luigi and Witcher are definitely on the list on Wii, but there's plenty of other stuff I've not bought/ played yet, so I'm probably not gonna grab either on Day One.

Joker . . . I still don't think Joker as a character works without Batman, and quite apart from its artistic value I'm like 80% sure this film is gonna become an incel anthem and cause like seven school shootings.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 12:36

Witcher 3 looks passable on Switch, dread to think what a Wii version would look like.

Joker is being touted as being maybe winning the Oscar. Why I'm very excited to go see it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 16:08

Maybe Yooka Laylee if it works out OK and isn't too much of an homage like the last one. About it really
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 18:48

The new Yooka is more of a side scrolly affair, right? You'd think that'd mean they do their own thing a little more, there really isn't room for an overly derivative 2d platformer among so much class.

masofdas wrote:
Witcher 3 looks passable on Switch, dread to think what a  Wii version would look like.
Lol, why the hell did I type Wii? Weird.

Quote :
Joker is being touted as being maybe winning the Oscar. Why I'm very excited to go see it.
I hate 2019.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 18:53

This YL is a homage to DKC, the thing is the Switch has a DKC and other 2D platformers, that it have to be great to standout.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 19:04

I'm very excited for Luigi - it's the one of the only two games I am excited for now that UGG is out. The other is Tangle Tower, since the prequel worked for me; and I'm keen to try out A Hat in Time as well.

It's another great month, but let's not all forget how the Switch has no games, hey?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 19:06

Who's saying Switch has no games? I don't think anyone has said that since, like, before launch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 19:16

I still see it occasionally (and I was a bit worried earlier this year, to put myself in the firing line).  To be fair, it gets laughed out of the 'room' a lot quicker these days.

Going great guns now though. Better guns than Arnie in his prime.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 21:43

Going to say, Drunka must have really been avoiding the internet.

Even seen it today in regards to COD and cross-play, as hahaha where's the Switch.

Ohh and Drunka why would Joker winning the Oscar make you hate 2019? Surely a more mainstream film winning it then some Oscar-bait would be better.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 3:08

For all the reasons I said I have concerns about joker. . .

And yeah, I don't look at much mainstream gaming chat even when I'm not avoiding pokemon spoilers. People are stupid.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 3:38

It's all about Asphalt 9: Legends & Secret life of pets 2 for me, feels like an absolute age since those were announced.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 9:12

Drunkalilly wrote:
For all the reasons I said I have concerns about joker. . .

Guess we will see if Joker can stand without Batman, and the it possibly causing violence is a whole other issue that I'm not sure what you do for stop that.

Also it wouldn't be cause as it's not a video game, it clearly be the new COD.

@Jas on a serious note what are you looking forward to?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 10:32

There's a big difference between Stallone and Schwarzenegger bringing out films with guns in them and that having a vague link to violence, to making a film which explicitly celebrates and humanises the idea of a disillusioned white man turning to excessive violence in response to imagined injustices. Particularly in the climate in which it is being released. These kinds of dangerous dweebs already idolise the Joker, and that was when he existed as a purely antagonistic force. How many more Joker avatars are gonna harass women on the internet or tell teens to kill themselves because they're "agents of chaos" now that he's a protagonist?

Of course, it might turn out to be very different, we all know how trailers can be deceiving - particularly with DC films!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 13:19

This title is my greatest GNamer achievement to date! Razz

Next month is all about The Outer Worlds for me. I'm massively excited and I'm hopeful it's going to be up there with New Vegas - if so, it'll be one of my favourite games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 16:28

mas wrote:
@Jas on a serious note what are you looking forward to?

Unless I've missed something it's probably just Luigi's Mansion but that's fine as I have lots in the backlog anyway.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 21:39

I need to be careful about what I buy from now on as I've got a much, much bigger purchase in my imminent future, so I can foresee The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion 3 becoming Christmas games.

Might pick up A Hat in Time provided that it's reasonably priced on Switch.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Of course, it might turn out to be very different, we all know how trailers can be deceiving - particularly with DC films!

I reckon it'll turn out fine - critics are usually switched on to this sort of thing in this day and age and I've not seen anything alarming coming from journalists, more so from folks like yourself raising valid concerns about how the film could be received by certain groups. I'm down simply to see Joaquin Phoenix do his stuff yet again and for what it's worth to help allay your concerns perhaps, he seems to be a woke individual if a cursory glance on his Wikipedia is anything to go by.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 22:02

It has DLC starring seals, what more could you want? (:o3)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 11:38

JayMoyles wrote:
I need to be careful about what I buy from now on as I've got a much, much bigger purchase in my imminent future, so I can foresee The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion 3 becoming Christmas games.

Might pick up A Hat in Time provided that it's reasonably priced on Switch.

Drunkalilly wrote:

I reckon it'll turn out fine - critics are usually switched on to this sort of thing in this day and age and I've not seen anything alarming coming from journalists, more so from folks like yourself raising valid concerns about how the film could be received by certain groups. I'm down simply to see Joaquin Phoenix do his stuff yet again and for what it's worth to help allay your concerns perhaps, he seems to be a woke individual if a cursory glance on his Wikipedia is anything to go by.

Seems some Drunka is not the only one saying the film may be problematic https://youtu.be/6dQiuOSIRNQ
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2019 - 16:48

I completely forgot about Little Town Hero up there! Duh! Likely because I didn't recognise its new name. That's another one for the season, anyway. Looks adorable and fun.

TOO MANY GAMES NOT ENOUGH TIME
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:02

There's so much I want this month; Yooka-Laylee, Concrete Genie, Overwatch, The Witcher, A Hat in Time, Ring Fit Adventure, The Outer Worlds, Luigi's Mansion and Little Town Hero are all on my list.

Realistically I'll only be Luigi's Mansion though, maybe Concrete Genie too with it being cheaper, sadly it's the same case of too many games, too little time and money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:06

I guess if you don't mind where you play it, Witcher 3 is often on sale on PS4 that likely cost the same as Concrete Genie. Same with AHIT but that feels like a Switch game plus it's got the DLC, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:35

I think I do mind where I play it though, I just don't sit down in front of the PS4 enough these days so single player games on it need to be short and sweet (or exclusive).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:41

I guess you're playing handheld a lot then and picking up when you can, I still can't imagine playing a game like Witcher 3 on Switch though even if the price point was the same.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:34

There's plenty of time to see how it turns out anyway, with any port to Switch it's a wait and see if it runs ok but I have high hopes for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)   October is going to be Outer (this) World(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

October is going to be Outer (this) World(s)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next