Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deadly Premonitions

Go down 
+5
Muss
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Deadly Premonitions Empty
PostSubject: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 15:32

Deadly Premonitions Deadly-Premonition-2_09-04-19

I did not think in a million years we would see a sequel to the cult classic Deadly Premonition yet alone in a Nintendo Direct or as a timed exclusive.

If you don't know the first game is the best worst game ever made as it's horrendously bad in every way but that's why it is so good it's like The Room but for video games, this Twin Peaks inspired game from Swery65.

If it wasn't for the price of £28 I'd be downloading the first game which is out now on the eShop in anticipation for the sequel which seems to be also a prequel and as daft as ever. A physical version is coming from Numskull in a limited run type way which I am keen on but then I might just get the directors cut on PS3 and the OG release is backwards compatible on Xbox One, that I do have many options to replay.

I'm guessing number 2 will get a physical release on day one in 2020.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 17:21

I've always been intrigued by this (the first is only 25 quid on eShop btw) but I'm not in any hurry to play it just yet so I've plonked on the old watch list to buy another time. Also I know fronkhead is a big fan of it so I'm sure if he ever pops his back in the forum he can give us a good run down of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 18:51

Still at £25 it's a lot for this also Fronk on twitter isn't to keen as he prefers how the OG plays over the Directors Cut.

And this a blend of both as it plays like the DC but doesn't have the extra content of the DC version.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 23:30

I've heard good - well, interesting - things about this from a number of sources I trust, so it's one for me to keep an eye on. Like Jas said though... not anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:22

masofdas wrote:
If you don't know the first game is the best worst game ever made as it's horrendously bad in every way but that's why it is so good it's like The Room but for video games, this Twin Peaks inspired game from Swery65.

Disagree - this game is actually great. The production values might be lacking and there's a ton of jank, but the core of the game is actually really engaging. It's not a "laugh at how bad it is" game like say Beyond: Two Souls, but a "I can really dig this" cult classic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:32

It is engaging but rest of it around is pretty bad but in a good way, why I'm excited about the sequel.

Also I like Beyond Two Souls and has far better production than DP, like the film thing reckon you'd sooner watch The Room than 2019 Hellboy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 18:57

Did you hear that, Zach? We've got a date of July 10th and this amazing intro

The first I believe is half price at the moment
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 21:10

Person 1: Oh I got hired for a job that I film today.

Person 2: Congratulations! I knew your dancing would pay off at some point, what is it for and what are you doing routine wise?

Person 1: ......... erm it's for a Video game called Deadly Premonition 2 and I wiggle my arse about a wee bit for the intro.

Person 2: ..........
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 22:19

This could be fun. Can't say I've played the original, but I usual admire games which stand out on their own two feet and do something off-beat; we'll see how that works out for this one.

Not like Beyond: Two Souls: a psudeo-intellectual, ignorant voyeuristic cesspool of a game and a legit 0/10. Go back and play it [I mean, don't] while picking all the uncomfortable options; David Cage isn't being clever. He uses rape, suicide, homelessness, racial stereotypes and female agency to show the world just how creative he isn't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 22:30

I only played Beyond Two Souls like 3 years ago and liked, I've liked all of Cages games and you bring up the choices, I only try to go with what I would do or close to it, why I wouldn't have seen much of what you've said Muss.

Still it's off topic of Deadly Premonition 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 22:45

The_Jaster wrote:
Person 1: Oh I got hired for a job that I film today.

Person 2: Congratulations! I knew your dancing would pay off at some point, what is it for and what are you doing routine wise?

Person 1: .........  erm it's for a Video game called Deadly Premonition 2 and I wiggle my arse about a wee bit for the intro.

Person 2: ..........

Laughing

That trailer sure does look like a Mas game!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:05

masofdas wrote:

The first I believe is half price at the moment

I might give it a bash at that price. Been thinking about it for long ting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:23

Certainly is a Mas game, Mr Balla but who doesn't love a weird Japanese game. Think this might be my most anticipated Switch game.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 13:28

I downloaded Origins earlier because I don't think it's going to get much cheaper than £12.50! I do own the original on the 360 but never finished it. Wouldn't normally double dip, but thought I'd treat myself because it has extra content.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 13:39

I don't believe it has the extra content that was a issue Fronk had with this version.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 13:44

I knew it didn't have all the Director's Cut content but thought it had a little bit - oh well! Still a cheaper and more convenient version of the game. Looking on reddit there seems to be a theory that the extra scenes alluded to a former idea of the sequel, rather than the current form of the sequel, so they cut them. Either way, I'm buying the game because it's a cult classic that I want to experience.

Still haven't re-bought Tales of Vesperia when that's been on sale, even though that DOES have the extra content and I beat the original... but one day I'll probably cave.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 12:24

HELLO I WILL TALK ABOUT VESPERIA PLEASE AND THANK YOU

(Might give me the kick up the bottom I need to play more of it...)
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:18

Rum Rapture wrote:
I knew it didn't have all the Director's Cut content but thought it had a little bit

It doesn't have the content but it does have the director's cut rebalancing afaik
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 19:18

Balladeer wrote:
HELLO I WILL TALK ABOUT VESPERIA PLEASE AND THANK YOU

(Might give me the kick up the bottom I need to play more of it...)

I don't actually remember it super well so my chat may be limited, but I remember quite enjoying it (albeit it's a Tales game, so comes with all the tropes and largely 2D characters). Symphonia is still my favourite Tales game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 19:21

Rum Rapture wrote:
(albeit it's a Tales game, so comes with all the tropes and largely 2D characters)

Deadly Premonitions ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FSKWNp3TM8EjWE%2Fgiphy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 10:29

I started this! It is VERY my shit; weird, tonally all over the place, so ambitious it borks itself . . .

Also, I get a slight Hotel Dusk vibe from it as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 10:46

Yes mate
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 11:05

Buskalilly wrote:
Also, I get a slight Hotel Dusk vibe from it as well.

...you have my attention. I would like to hear more please.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 11:37

It's a very Japanese take on a tale about an American FBI agent. It has a small (ish) location with a number of colorful characters. I was literally in a hotel when those particular vibes hit me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 15:18

Looking forward to starting this after I beat Jet Lancer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadly Premonitions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: