Geese > Fish

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deadly Premonitions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

Deadly Premonitions Empty
PostSubject: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 15:32

Deadly Premonitions Deadly-Premonition-2_09-04-19

I did not think in a million years we would see a sequel to the cult classic Deadly Premonition yet alone in a Nintendo Direct or as a timed exclusive.

If you don't know the first game is the best worst game ever made as it's horrendously bad in every way but that's why it is so good it's like The Room but for video games, this Twin Peaks inspired game from Swery65.

If it wasn't for the price of £28 I'd be downloading the first game which is out now on the eShop in anticipation for the sequel which seems to be also a prequel and as daft as ever. A physical version is coming from Numskull in a limited run type way which I am keen on but then I might just get the directors cut on PS3 and the OG release is backwards compatible on Xbox One, that I do have many options to replay.

I'm guessing number 2 will get a physical release on day one in 2020.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 17:21

I've always been intrigued by this (the first is only 25 quid on eShop btw) but I'm not in any hurry to play it just yet so I've plonked on the old watch list to buy another time. Also I know fronkhead is a big fan of it so I'm sure if he ever pops his back in the forum he can give us a good run down of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 18:51

Still at £25 it's a lot for this also Fronk on twitter isn't to keen as he prefers how the OG plays over the Directors Cut.

And this a blend of both as it plays like the DC but doesn't have the extra content of the DC version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 23:30

I've heard good - well, interesting - things about this from a number of sources I trust, so it's one for me to keep an eye on. Like Jas said though... not anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Shiny Shuckle
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:22

masofdas wrote:
If you don't know the first game is the best worst game ever made as it's horrendously bad in every way but that's why it is so good it's like The Room but for video games, this Twin Peaks inspired game from Swery65.

Disagree - this game is actually great. The production values might be lacking and there's a ton of jank, but the core of the game is actually really engaging. It's not a "laugh at how bad it is" game like say Beyond: Two Souls, but a "I can really dig this" cult classic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:32

It is engaging but rest of it around is pretty bad but in a good way, why I'm excited about the sequel.

Also I like Beyond Two Souls and has far better production than DP, like the film thing reckon you'd sooner watch The Room than 2019 Hellboy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadly Premonitions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: