Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deadly Premonitions

Go down 
+5
Muss
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 16:36

Looking forward to seeing what people think as I feel you're either going to love it or think it's shite.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2020 - 19:32

Buskalilly wrote:
It's a very Japanese take on a tale about an American FBI agent. It has a small (ish) location with a number of colorful characters. I was literally in a hotel when those particular vibes hit me.

Surprised This post right here is the most the game's ever appealed to me.

I guess I have one other question: is the woman wiggling her buttocks about in the trailer representative of the overall feel of the game?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2020 - 19:54

Not really, I don't really know why the sequel had it unless it was going for the bond feel that I got.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 May 2020 - 7:46

I put a good six hours into this yesterday and I'm getting really into it. After bouncing off a few indies and not having any new big games to play, I was in a slight game malaise but now I'm right out the other side and ready to sink my teeth into this one.

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
Also, I get a slight Hotel Dusk vibe from it as well.
...you have my attention.  I would like to hear more please.
Also: THE MUSIC. The music is a big part of it.

masofdas wrote:
Looking forward to seeing what people think as I feel you're either going to love it or think it's shite.
I love it and I think it's shite Laughing
I think this game is a great example of why the concept of an "objective game review" is nonsense. In a lot of the areas in which dweebs argue that one can be objective - graphical fidelity, animation, combat gameplay, handling models - this game fails pretty badly. Despite that, the charm and personality and uniqueness is making this feel like my favourite game this year.

Balladeer wrote:
I guess I have one other question: is the woman wiggling her buttocks about in the trailer representative of the overall feel of the game?

Not really? The game is a murder mystery in which the victim is a beautiful young woman, and there are occasional sexual elements in both the horror and the comedy, but none of it is titillating or exploitative.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Tue 19 May 2020 - 7:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 May 2020 - 7:56

Yep I remember it being Jim Sterling game of the year when it came out because how much enjoyed it and gave it like 98% also others did as well, then others went with its unplayable & looks like a PS2 game 2/10

Certainly not one with a consensus of it being good or bad

Seems Jim gave it a 10/10
Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 10239852-1286984725-453000

I just picked this up on 360, I was very tempted to get on Switch in the sale and even the physical version isn't that expensive. Just with the game being Backwards Compatible, I can play it on my Xbox One, then Series X and by Microsoft's plan all future Xboxes was the selling point for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 21:34

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
Also, I get a slight Hotel Dusk vibe from it as well.
...you have my attention.  I would like to hear more please.
Also: THE MUSIC. The music is a big part of it.

I genuinely think this might have pipped NLST to the next game for me to buy. At least if I bounce off it it sounds like I'll do so fast!

(I have to actually play some games you can finish for that to happen, though...)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Jun 2020 - 14:59

How is everyone doing with this? I've not restarted it but still want to know how you're all finding.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:16

It's on my wishlist if that counts?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2020 - 20:02

I've played about 4 hours of it, but haven't gone back to it for about a week. So far it's fine - I haven't fallen in love with it, but I don't think it's trash like some critics did...!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2020 - 8:04

masofdas wrote:
How is everyone doing with this? I've not restarted it but still want to know how you're all finding.

I'm still playing, though I haven't had much time or energy for games generally recently.

I think I'm about 2/3rds through the game, still very much liking it but resigned to just doing the main plot. The mechanics of slowly travelling everywhere have put me off doing much side stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jul 2020 - 0:05

Started playing this a few days ago and I'm with OR in thinking this is a genuinely good game and not merely a 'so bad it's good' kind of experience. It's also not just carried by its story/dialogue sequences like other jank games like Drakengard 3, though I do love the dialogue and character interactions.

It's just fun. There's a lot of variety in the gameplay. I don't know what to expect next when I'm wandering around the dungeon/investigation type areas. Then there's the open world area and survival/personal management elements - stuff that seems like they could have done without and focused instead on fine-tuning the game, but at the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way. Overused phrase but "there's a charm to it". I like that there's an open world or some kind of exploratory area. When No More Heroes and Galaxy ditched their hubs in their sequels I was pretty disappointed.

Honestly in the technical department the one thing I would have appreciated is being able to save anywhere on the open world instead of having to seek out a phone. Because why not. It's not happened yet but from what I've heard the game is somewhat crash-prone. I'd also just like to be able to dip out of the game and do something else on my Switch a bit sooner.

The graphics are subpar - though not unappealing in their own way -  and the framerates don't hit close to their target most of their time and can even be terrible (like when you're driving around), but it's never intolerable. There have been some glitches too but nothing gamebreaking. Once I hit an invisible wall in the road and my car flipped up but I was fine and able to drive around it. Another time my car seemed to just randomly combust when I'm sure it was close to 100% health. The weather was stormy so maybe thunder hit it if that's a thing in this game? I don't know what happened because it happened when I looked away from the screen for a moment. I got a penalty for that and had to use up another continue which was a bit annoying, but I hadn't saved long before so it wasn't a big issue.

I'm probably going to check out the sequel at some point after I get through this one, probably after they fix some of the issues with the game since they said they'd work on them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jul 2020 - 15:24

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what happens with the second game as first you've got the framerate issues where it drops into single digits which might or might not being fixed, as seems to be mixed messages on this.

Then you've got the whole handling of a trans character, which SWERY has said he's going to rewrite and be patched at some point.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2020 - 7:04

I'm definitely gonna grab it; I was very pleased to see Swery give such a good response.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2020 - 19:00

Anyone making a decision based on the 'trans patch': it might be worth skimming LKD's Twitter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2020 - 19:31

Yeah, did read it, sounds iffy
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2020 - 22:26

Well that's depressing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Premonitions   Deadly Premonitions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadly Premonitions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: