We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What's eShopping about? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 18:30

These all look very good. Pocky and Rocky especially looks like something I'd love despite never playing it before but I feel like it'll really benefit from 2 player.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptySun 21 Mar 2021 - 19:45

I really like the look of Everhood, although I worry that despite the whimsy it secretly might take itself too seriously (Undertale, looking at you here). But I am still very keen!
Pocky and Rocky was one of those games that always looked charming as heck, and I remember being disappointed it never came to the UK* - I'm not sure it plays as good as it looks, but I hope it does well.

*(checks Wikipedia) huh? Oh well silly me
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:49

I get a really strong Undertale vibe from Everhood's art style and battle gameplay actually! Which is a solid recommendation for me and Jay.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptySat 3 Apr 2021 - 9:13

Did anybody ever buy Good Job? It's on sale just now and I'm tempted - does anybody have any experiences with it, and is it worth getting?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptySun 4 Apr 2021 - 14:33

I don't, sorry - but I have bought West of Loathing, as the next game up on my wishlist.  Jim, and whoever else recommended it: this had better be genuinely funny. Suspect (Mind you, Jim's recommendation for humour is probably a good one!)
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptySun 4 Apr 2021 - 18:49

I recommended it too, but while our tastes are often similar you can be very critical of things I don't really care about (and vice versa) so WHO KNOWS
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 7:49

I've just picked up Good Job. It's fine, the puzzles aren't really up to much and I think it would be more fun in co-op.

I've also picked up Signs of the Sojourner - an interesting deck building game about having conversations. It's short but a really nice experience with a fun card laying system.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 8:51

SoS looked interesting but I just thought I'd wait till it comes to Game Pass but maybe a sale now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 21:17

I've replaced Bowser's Fury (done) and IAD (done with) with Creaks, a still-great indie puzzler that's inevitably going to end up in my 'why didn't people talk about this more?' pile with What The Golf? and Steamworld Quest, and West of Loathing which I'll blame Rum for if it goes wrong. So far it's been more 'yes I can see that this is meant to be funny' than laugh-out-loud, but I did really like the spittoon.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyWed 7 Apr 2021 - 13:44

Balladeer wrote:
So far it's been more 'yes I can see that this is meant to be funny' than laugh-out-loud, but I did really like the spittoon.

I can't be blamed for you having a terrible sense of humour. Jimbob and I are just more discerning gentlemen, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyWed 7 Apr 2021 - 20:46

Quite so good sir. Now to say an in-joke without ruining something Balla might laugh at...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 14:46

I got Pan Pan and Donut County the other day because they were cheap and they looked kind of similar to Pikuniku, which my whole family loves. Pan Pan seems kind of dreary, but Donut County looks really fun... my eldest was playing it and I really wanted to grab the controller off him.

Downloaded Pac-Man 99 too but not tried it yet. How is it?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:20

I tried Pac-Man 99 at lunch and really enjoyed it! Not quite got my head around the different targets and styles but the core gameplay seems super fun.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 20:52

I'll have to give Pac-Man a go soon but I'm less eager than I was towards Tetris as I traditionally suck at Pac-Man. Donut County is great fun Neil, it's short but it's funny and interesting enough for what it is.

I've seen this touted as the next Untitled Goose Game and whilst I don't see it hitting the heights of that, it's not even half as charming for a start, it looks like it could be another fun way to be a bastard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:14

That's launching straight into Game Pass and I've already preinstalled, so I will give it a bash and let yous know if it's worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:32

'The next UGG' is obvious nonsense (UGG looks and sounds so much better for starters), but it still looks like it might be fun!

I added to WoL with Alwa's Legacy (SNES-alike Metroidvania, Ninty Life 9/10) and The Last Campfire (which I believe Mas has actually played, Ninty Life 8/10, lousy narrator). I'm running out of games I'm actually keen on to wishlist...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 14:29

Alwa's Legacy looks tad like Heart Forth, Alicia.

I did play The Last Campfire, I think you would like it just maybe play it with something as it's a rather simple imo 6/10 sort of game.

gJones tries to work out the scoring system.

Edit

Looking at the eShop Sale at the moment, along with a post by Balla elsewhere here are 10 games I recommend from the sale  

1. Child of Light £4.80, Lovely art style rhyming 2D RPG
2. Donut County £3.29, A short fun game as a raccoon delivering donuts
3. Felix the Reaper £2.24, Balla isn't big on it but for £2.24 might be a fun puzzle game one adventure plus it has Patrick Stewart narrating
4. Florence £2.24 (I think, as I own it), Might be better on mobile this beautiful adventure from Annapurna
5. The Gardens Between £4.04, Another Balla has played but wasn't keen on but feel Buska liked it as well as me this time bending puzzle game
6. Gone Home £2.99, THE game that put walking sims on the map
7. If Found £6.69, May be better on PC due to the point & click nature for basically a visual novel set in 90's Ireland with a Trans lead
8. Rayman Legends £7.49, You all should have played on Wii U
9. Silence £3.59, A point and click adventure which almost hankers back to the classics
10. What Remains of Edith Finch £7.19, Banger

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 11 Apr 2021 - 21:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 19:39

I am playing it with several other things, so that shouldn't be a problem!

To clarify: Balla is not big on Felix.

EDIT: As Mas knows, I got Florence for the above price after several members of the Tired Old Hack Discord sung its praises. We shall see...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 10:30

I picked up Dicey Dungeons, which is still currently on sale. It's good so far and seems to be quite a nice entry level game into the rogue like dungeon crawling genre. A bit like a much simplified version of Slay the Spire but with more classes, each of which has a few viable builds.

If anyone is looking for something that's a bit like a single player board game that's about making the most of your rolls, this is it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 11:56

I started playing that the other night and seems good.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 12:18

Yeah it's alright. Quite a bit more challenging than I first thought but I can see myself bouncing off of it because I'm not quite as gripped by it as I was Slay the Spire. I tend to find myself thinking that I could just be playing that instead as Spire has a much more compelling deck building aspect to it but I'll stick it out for a while.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 12:20

I've still not even played Slay the Spire which I believe is on Game Pass along with Monster Train and something else that does the whole card thing.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 13:58

They're all fairly different to be fair. Slay the Spire is much more focused on deck building than Monster Train. I mean sure, you recruit new monsters each turn and that's kind of like adding new cards to your deck, but you have fewer options and what separates Monster Train is its tower defence-like aspects.

They're both very good, with that - just one more go - quality that's at the heart of most good rogue like games. You have some duff runs in both but it always feels like you can learn something.

I'm not getting strong - have another go - vibes from Dicey, which is more focused around winning with more handicaps as you go rather than introducing new or tougher enemies. I think I also prefer the knowledge the other two games give you, where they'll preview what the enemies are up to. In Dicey, you roll dice so while you can play the odds you're never quite as sure. There's also something quite static about the upgrades you get as you go. There are definitely choices to make, but I don't find them as meaningful as they are in the other games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:33

Oh speaking of deck building games I really should start that Nowhere Prophet game I bought like a month ago as it's meant to be quite good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 20:35

The only deck-builder I've played is Steamworld Quest, but that's only got eight-card decks. It's really nice though!

I took advantage of the eShop sale and picked up Inside, which is not my sort of thing at all mood-wise but it's meant to be really good and it was cheap. Just entering the (first?) factory thing, with the pig and the helmet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 18 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: