We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's eShopping about? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019 - 11:17

AA in this is a Apple Arcade day playing Tangle, Various Daylife, Stella etc
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019 - 16:43

I have a controversial opinion here. My sister and bro-in-law downloaded Catastronauts yesterday, and... I reckon it's loads more fun than Overcooked. We had a lot of laughs with 4 players. The spaceship setting means that there are a wider variety of tasks to perform, and the difficulty curve is a lot smoother.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019 - 16:56

(adds to wishlist without second thought)

That said, would love to hear some more details before I actually buy Jim. Is it basically just space-Overcooked? Are there a lot of different levels? Is it charming? Thank you, nobody including Nintendo Life has mentioned this before and I am keen to hear more.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 12:41

FYI, Snowboarding: The Next Phase is down from a tenner to 99p on the eShop for the next few weeks. It's like a simple SSX, but it's got a big campaign mode and an arcade mode too. Recommended for the price 👍
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 13:45

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
FYI, Snowboarding: The Next Phase is down from a tenner to 99p on the eShop for the next few weeks. It's like a simple SSX, but it's got a big campaign mode and an arcade mode too. Recommended for the price 👍

Oooh, nice one! Cheers mate.

I used my last couple of quid from the vouchers my aunties sent for my birthday to secure that one and Akane. I now have 8 pence on my eShop account. If I were you, I'm sure that would net me three JRPGs, a racing game and the platformers based on Pixar's A Bug's Life and Dreamworks' Antz but for me I reckon I'm done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:47

Balladeer wrote:
(adds to wishlist without second thought)

That said, would love to hear some more details before I actually buy Jim.  Is it basically just space-Overcooked?  Are there a lot of different levels?  Is it charming?  Thank you, nobody including Nintendo Life has mentioned this before and I am keen to hear more.

It's a cross between Overcooked and FTL. You don't see the enemy ship normally, only their Shield Integrity or whatever they call it. If you fire you laser cannons, it goes down - repeat until 0%. But they're doing the same - you see the impact of their laser cannons, and this results in a damaged floor and/or fire. This is primarily where your crewmates come in. I can't imagine playing it with less than 4 people, I should say - you need to be making sure that someone's always holding a repair kit and someone else is holding a fire extinguisher. But apart from those things, each level, set in a different ship, has different challenges. For example, your cannons might need an electrical charge, so you have to charge the batteries and then place them on the cannons - ideally one person's watching the charging of a battery while someone else is firing a cannon with charged one. Some levels don't have fire extinguishers, but the ship has emergency airlocks - you have to open them to remove the oxygen, but making sure your crewmates aren't in that area at the time. There's loads of things like that.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 19:33

Jimbob wrote:
I can't imagine playing it with less than 4 people, I should say - you need to be making sure that someone's always holding a repair kit and someone else is holding a fire extinguisher.

Ah fuzzbuckets. I don't play with four people quite as often as I used to, so that might stuff it for me - most of OC's levels are just about doable with two people. Thanks anyway boss. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 9:07

DoPo, but all y’all seem to be sleeping on The Stretchers, an odd Nintendo-published puzzler from the devs behind Little Nightmares of all things. I wouldn’t really blame you based on first impressions: it’s sold as local co-op, and The Lady and I found the art style off-putting and the first level ridiculously simple. However it did quite swiftly start to do some interesting things as we progressed. It can also be played on one’s own and seems like it might have a touch of the Kuru Kuru Kururins in that case.

It’s a curious one, and one I’d expect to be a wish list game if anything for the majority of you/us. It is Nintendo-published though. (The #StretchersforSmash campaign starts here.) If anybody wants further details I can give them as we keep playing. If not... not, I guess!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 9:16

Looks better if played CO-OP much like Snipperclips that it's a pass from me.

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 11:04

Art style looks fine to me, not offensive in any way. What do you find off-putting?

I'll be getting it, it's just the number of other games I'm playing that are putting me back. On co-op I still need to finish River City Girls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 18:56

That does have a certain charm about it....almost like a weird mix of Crazy Taxi and Brothers: A Tale of two sons.

balla wrote:
It is Nintendo-published though. (The #StretchersforSmash campaign starts here.)

Just because it's Nintendo published? Nah mate.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 19:22

Nintendo published 10/10 mate
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 19:24

The_Jaster wrote:

balla wrote:
It is Nintendo-published though. (The #StretchersforSmash campaign starts here.)

Just because it's Nintendo published? Nah mate.

Yes mate. I didn't want to say, but my mate's uncle works at Nintendo, and he's said that the next four Smash DLC characters are Count Cannoli from Wario: Master of Disguise, Xananab from DK: Jungle Climber, Dark Count Cannoli from Wario: Master of Disguise, and lastly Red Robot from Flip Wars.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 1:31

The best Smash characters aren't Nintendo-published anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:25

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Art style looks fine to me, not offensive in any way. What do you find off-putting?l

The mouth I think.  It hangs open in a weird way.  Oh, and I don’t like the ‘Operator’s design much. Partially redeemed by the crew of ‘beautiful scientists’ who cure the Dizzies victims, one of whom just smoulders at you the entire time while the rest work. Laughing

I didn't want to say, but my mate's uncle works at Nintendo, and he's said that the next four Smash DLC characters are Count Cannoli from Wario: Master of Disguise, Xananab from DK: Jungle Climber, Dark Count Cannoli from Wario: Master of Disguise, and lastly Red Robot from Flip Wars.

And all of them are better than Terry Bogard.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 16:58

Balladeer wrote:

What's eShopping about? - Page 3 Wrong-e1432110071211
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:09

Nah, Cappa’s mate’s uncle confirmed it to me on Google+.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:38

What's eShopping about? - Page 3 Tumblr_okvj2rfMc21qd9g7oo1_500
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 22:34

Balladeer wrote:

Racist.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2019 - 20:31

Ah rats, what's Shinen's The Touryst doing out next week? I wanted that. I don't think I'll get around to it for ages now. WISHLISTED
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Nov 2019 - 11:42

I'm not seeing much on the Black Friday eShop sale to be honest. But, Danmaku Unlimited 3 for £2.02 is a solid, solid deal. It's a brilliant starting point if you've ever had even the slightest interest in bullet hell shooters (and it's not difficult either!):

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Danmaku-Unlimited-3-1348752.html
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 16:02

Playing on Xbox mind but I remember some Yoku's Island chat in here.

Started messing around with it today as it's one of the XCloud games plus it's part of a rewards quest.

From what I played and this is on a mobile phone at awkward angle, seemed good upto where I got the quest to find three people.

I will continue on but just also dabbled with Bloodstained which I think will be the better Metroidvania of the two.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 17:44

I'm not seeing much on the Black Friday eShop sale to be honest. But, Danmaku Unlimited 3 for £2.02 is a solid, solid deal. It's a brilliant starting point if you've ever had even the slightest interest in bullet hell shooters (and it's not difficult either!):

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Danmaku-Unlimited-3-1348752.html

There's about 3 or 4 I could get but I'm trying to resist getting them because I honestly have enough games to play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 11:48

Just saw this on the Xbox Coming Soon page and it is coming to Switch, not sure if this week or not but could be one for Balla

Also, anyone else pick up Where the Water Tastes Like Wine? And I may finally play Wandersong soon as just come to Game Pass.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 20:37

THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A GAME I WOULD BE INTERES- oh rubbish it does. Aww! It looks alright, but we've found Stretchers a bit mediocre thus far, so I think we'll be taking a look at how this does in the press before we shell out.

Meanwhile, a game that's on my wishlist is 50% down today! Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is looking awful tempting at that price...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: