We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

What's eShopping about? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 21:17

That name change threw me off as well but you can toggle the games to specific regions which changes it to CoTM.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 21:21

I did see that they labelled it specifically as the European version! Huh.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:14

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
One of the low-key things I’d been looking forward to was the rumoured console port of Clap Hanz Golf from Apple Arcade. It didn’t appear in yesterday’s Western Nintendo Direct but it shadow-released here all the same:

What's eShopping about? - Page 26 Watch?v=7NMIMBb2lck

Easy Come, Easy Golf? Easy Purchase. Everything I’d heard about this was that it was essentially Everybody’s Golf in everything but name. My first impressions are exactly that, albeit with some optional touch controls and an interface that truly tells that it was formerly a mobile phone game. The gameplay is familiarly great though.

Wit to hear more about ECEG as I did see the Japanese Direct and looked good, then to see it was out I was very tempted by it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 7:48

masofdas wrote:

Wit to hear more about ECEG as I did see the Japanese Direct and looked good, then to see it was out I was very tempted by it.

It’s mostly really good. If you can get past the interface and loading times, I think you’re basically playing the next iteration of Everybody’s Golf. It’s reminding me a lot of the Everybody’s Golf games on the PSP in particular.

I’m disappointed to read that the original Clap Hanz Golf game had three and six hole competitions though. I’d say that making all of Easy Come Easy Golf’s contests either nine or eighteen holes is a change for the worse.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 8:31

Guessing logic was on a mobile you'd only want to do three holes then move on with your day, where maybe they thought on a games system you'd play more in one go.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2022 - 9:20

I'll take any chance I can get to talk about Bonito Days, the utterly amazing eShop title that basically's Monkey Target: The Full Game. Anyhoo, the folk that made it just released their second game, called Spinfrog: All Aboard The Frogcopter. See if you can work out where it takes it's inspiration from:

That's right: it's obviously inspired by Goldeneye: Rouge Agent on the original XBox. I don't know how much success it'll have as a full-priced download (£13ish), but I wanted to support them all the same. Maybe it's one for your eShop wishlist if you enjoyed KuruKuru Kururin.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2022 - 21:12

Ooh I seen this somewhere before and liked the look of it, I'll get it wishlisted, I do own Bonito Days so will give that a try first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 19:31

While I never had the same level of love for Monkey Target as many, I missed Kururin at the time and have regretted it since. Yep, this is going on my wishlist right now.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022 - 22:04

They’d need to add some accessibility options to it before I can earnestly recommend it. Checkpoints would be a helpful start. As it is, it’s an unreasonably demanding game that's got some outrageous difficulty spikes thrown in with the odd bit of collision detection bother.

That’s quite annoying and really disappointing as everything else about it is excellent. I really want to like it, nay love it, but the atmosphere it presents and the challenge it poses are a complete mismatch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2022 - 18:36

The_Jaster wrote:
Bayonetta 3 is obviously the big one but I've got my eye on....

Signalis

So it looks like Signalis is reviewing well so far.

https://opencritic.com/game/13889/signalis
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2022 - 20:21

Glad to see, going to download on Game Pass
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 20:02

They’d need to add some accessibility options to it before I can earnestly recommend it. Checkpoints would be a helpful start. As it is, it’s an unreasonably demanding game that's got some outrageous difficulty spikes thrown in with the odd bit of collision detection bother.

That’s quite annoying and really disappointing as everything else about it is excellent. I really want to like it, nay love it, but the atmosphere it presents and the challenge it poses are a complete mismatch.

Ah snuff it. Aww! Never mind eh.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptySat 29 Oct 2022 - 8:36

They've submitted a patch that tweaks some level designs and makes the collision on the Frogcopter a bit smaller. I really hope these make a difference, as it's got the potential to be an excellent game. In it's current state it can be fun, but it's madly frustrating more often.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 8:32

Anybody have any opinions on Bugsnax? I thought it looked quite smart when it was a PS5 game, and now it's been ported to Switch. It's £9-odd on the eShop - is that a good price, and do you think I'd enjoy it?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 9:01

I'm also curious and tempted. It has a song by Kero Kero Bonito, so it's good in my books.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptySun 6 Nov 2022 - 13:51

It's good yeah, certainly worth £9 I'd say. Can't say I've heard about its performance on Switch but doesn't feel like a particularly taxing game so should run fine I'd think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 21:41

They've submitted a patch that tweaks some level designs and makes the collision on the Frogcopter a bit smaller. I really hope these make a difference, as it's got the potential to be an excellent game. In it's current state it can be fun, but it's madly frustrating more often.

Presume you didn't ever go back to it to check Cappa? It's good that they've patched it, but first impressions count for so much in a busy release schedule and I've not seen a review yet. Unless you think it's improved a lot I'll probably pass for now. Sounds like the checkpoints were another, uncorrected issue.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 22:13

Balladeer wrote:

Presume you didn't ever go back to it to check Cappa?  It's good that they've patched it, but first impressions count for so much in a busy release schedule and I've not seen a review yet.  Unless you think it's improved a lot I'll probably pass for now.  Sounds like the checkpoints were another, uncorrected issue.

Nah, they’ve submitted the patch to Nintendo but it’s not been implemented yet. I’ve stopped playing Spinfrog then, but as soon as I can download the update I will. There’s enough promise there that makes me think that a few further tweaks will transform it into an excellent game.

EDIT: Talking baws, the patch released yesterday. Pre-patch there was a level that I was stuck on and must have tried forty times with no success. Post-patch I cleared it on my second go. My impressions are that they changed the levels design a bit. They've definitely done something with the collision detection and movement too. Looking forward to getting back into it now 👍
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2022 - 21:31

Ooh, that's promising! Guess I might, er, re-wishlist it!

...not that I see myself playing anything apart from Pokémon for the next few weeks, natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 13:03

Anybody have any opinions on Bugsnax? I thought it looked quite smart when it was a PS5 game, and now it's been ported to Switch. It's £9-odd on the eShop - is that a good price, and do you think I'd enjoy it?

I quite enjoyed Bugsnax - £9 seems like a fair price. I think you'd like it Cappa. I'd struggle to compare it to anything as such, but it's basically a game about catching critters with different traps that you unlock as you progress through each area. I don't remember it having a long runtime or anything either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022 - 8:08

Does it have a bit of a Viva Pinata vibe, Jay? Your comment there gave that vibe.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022 - 9:36

I mean the critters can be a bit Viva Pinata, but that's the only overlap I'd say, I suppose a couple of them interact, but certainly not with the depth or wonder of Viva. Bloody hell I love Viva Pinata
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022 - 11:19

Viva Pinata needs a comeback, it's my number 3 Xbox 360 game
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptySat 19 Nov 2022 - 13:07

Buskalilly wrote:
Does it have a bit of a Viva Pinata vibe, Jay? Your comment there gave that vibe.

I've never played Viva Pinata so I couldn't comment on that, but strangely the closest thing I can think of to compare with Bugsnax would be Pokemon Snap. Obviously, you're not on rails and it isn't focused on photography (although I think there is a camera item) but the way you use different tools and methods to coax the Snax out of hiding to catch them is a bit like how you use different items and such to snap the 'Mon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 EmptySat 19 Nov 2022 - 23:09

Hmm . . . You're talkin' 'bout Bugsnax and I'm listenin' 'bout Bugsnax. . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 26 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: