Few games are pants, but some are Panzer than others.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 15:54

I'm down, as always. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 10:52

Royal Rumble 2020 thoughts:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 20:58

Rumble 2020 Ruminations:

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020 - 12:46

Aye that rumble match was superb just when you think the stuff with Brock was going too far they build it to an exciting pay off, looking back it could've went downhill after a build like that but it just got better and better for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2020 - 16:29

I watch NXT and AEW every week and sometimes bits of NJPW along with highlights of RAW/SD which are about 25mins long.

Did also watch Worlds Collide that very morning of the rumble, as I've got say that was rather boring PPV part from the two rumbles the women due to really not knowing who was next and mens because how it was set up for the winner and that return.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 17:24

Goldberg is coming back to Smackdown this week, probably to build up a match for the next Saudi Arabia event. I think we're all hoping and praying for this dream match:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:04

I'd be incredibly down for that - big hoss fights are a spectacle. I love the NEVER Openweight division in NJPW for that very reason as it usually ends up with two hench lads knocking chunks out of each other.

...but you'll be getting Baron Corbin vs Goldberg.

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 Vince-McMahon-Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:55

Or it'd be a chain wrestling classic like this one. Wink

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2td0r
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 22:04

I love JR jumping in with "I don't think we'll be seeing a catch as catch can classic here, folks" only for Show and Kane to start grappling on the mat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Feb 2020 - 11:24

The XFL came back this weekend, which means now's as a good a time as any to watch OSW's XFL Retrospective:

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Feb 2020 - 20:11

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 ER73PGkXsAAhczo?format=jpg&name=small

They also announced that Southpaw Regional Wrestling is come back for a third season in Summer '94 - well excited, much more arsed about that than WrestleMania 36.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Vote Thread
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 21:35

Anyone catch AEW Revolution? There were a few misses (the Jack Swagger match, the women's match, Cody's horrible tattoo), but there were some of the best moments I've seen in wrestling for a long time. Orange Cassidy is rightfully a sensation, loved that match! MJF continues to be immensely entertaining, Moxley and Jericho put on a clinic and I even found myself enjoying a Young Bucks match despite all of the non-selling. I particularly like that AEW isn't afraid to fill a PPV with singles matches that allow characters to tell a story.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 0:15

AEW Revolution was quality! Agreed on the misses you mentioned - I couldn't get into the Cody match at all due to that absolute bombscare of a tattoo - but the rest of the show was ace. The Young Bucks/Hangman and Omega match was right up my alley and is easily the best match I've seen all year. I watched it with my brother and we were on the edge of our seats for the whole thing. The little tease of Hangman and Omega potentially turning on each other after the match was tremendously tense too.

Orange Cassidy is incredible - such a great character idea. Shout out to the Sammy Guevera and Darby Allin match too. That whole PPV did the job of washing out the miserable taste of that Saudi show WWE put on with that atrocity of a main event.

Still, like Cappa mentioned, all of the above pales in comparison to Southpaw Season 3 being announced. Goldberg? Roman Reigns? Jon Moxley? Chris Jericho? All no-names next to the genius that is Lance Catamaran.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread III
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2