We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA

Go down 
+4
Rum
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA   Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Jul 2021 - 11:09

Yeah the matchmaking is a little weird at the start. Once your trainer level goes up, or if you match make with friends, I think you'll start facing people who are good at the game. I've had the most fun with the quick matches as they're over in 4 or 5 minutes.

Unfortunately it seems like the game is, at least to some extent, pay-to-win as you can upgrade your held items with the in-game currency... which you can also just pay for. See, people will blame TenCent for this, and that is fair, but equally Nintendo/Gamefreak could have granted the license on the condition that stuff you buy is cosmetic only. Seems a bit grubby.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA   Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Jul 2021 - 15:08

That's a bit shite. Nintendo are not heavily involved in Pokémon company decisions like this, but even so I'm surprised Pokémon would be okay with it being too pay-to-win as I'd imagine they have big ideas about this joining the VGC and TCG as a big eSports thing.

To be fair, we are incredibly early days in a game which will probably reveal more nuance as people play it and will probably be balanced with time too.

Luckily, I can't see myself getting more invested than enjoying the odd game with friends, so I don't really care.
Pokémon podcasts are gonna be tedious this week . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan

Pokemon Unite - PokeMOBA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2