Monster Hunter Rise - to be followed by Monster Hunters Summerhayez, Jaz, and Moylez

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020, 14:47

I don't pursue the Bu but am a fan of the genre just like to have my Nintendo coat of paint on it (maybe others as well)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Snack Review
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020, 20:20

This is sadly not for me. Even though you get to play as all the cool guys.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020, 18:37

@Muss wrote:
A good Warriors game isn't mindless though Naughty . Can't speak for the latest open world one, which by all accounts seems to have been pretty shitty, but I have played through a lot of DW:8 and many of the missions have multiple paths you can take with bad, good or best ultimate outcomes, which in turn affect the path the overall story takes. Getting the best outcome significantly takes away from the, you just mindlessly kill dudes, mentality into a something more like a high agency single-player moba hybrid, like what Drunka wrote about ages ago. There's an order of operations and some strategy that goes into where you unload your irresistible force.

It's a hybrid of mindless dude-killing and RTS/moba stuff? Not sure I want this game any more... No

I guess it's easier to see the mindless dude-killing in the promo material and them. Was that bit present in Hyrule Warriors (at the lower difficulty levels)? I didn't get far enough to form a judgement either way.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020, 19:01

I don't think it gets that in-depth to feel like a proper RTS/MOBA, just that there are elements of it in the later stages.

It's more about bounding about the battlefield and saving everyone's useless ass as you're the only one capable of fighting off the enemy forces. There's only mild RTS bits. I remember Fire Emblem Warriors made this a bit easier as you could direct the other heroes to different bits of the maps, so if shit was kicking off across multiple bases you could go defend one whilst the AI mooks could do their best at defending the other. In reality, they just stemmed the bleeding until you came along to wipe the floor with the enemy, but it made things a little easier.

I think the MOBA reference Muss mentioned is that as you capture bases along the way, your friendly soldiers can progress a bit further to clash against the other soldiers, but they're mostly set dressing for your whirlwind of fury across the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Eternatus
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020, 01:17

Balla, I think you should just not read about games until you play them. You're so good at convincing yourself you won't like stuff!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020, 17:43

I'm taking the mick, don't worry. Whether I get this game or not is entirely based around how likely I am to get The Lady on board. If so then I can probably cope with a little bit of strategy. In fact that might enhance it: 'Defend the base. Defend the base! I MEANT THE OTHER BASE'
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020, 18:52

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 All_your_base_frame_0009
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2