We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)

Go down 
+6
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Balladeer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2022 - 16:12

masofdas wrote:

2. FIFA 23 to be a Legacy Edition on Switch BINGO

Was never in doubt
Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 81wAdahHh2L._AC_SL1500_

Women's Teams have been added, that's something new then
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2022 - 17:42

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_myqdhlN3ef1r48cs1

(Perhaps I shouldn't be being sarcastic, my predictions are a clusterf**k right now - but come on!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2022 - 20:19

That Fifa prediction is on a par with picking The Last of Us Part 1 in the Fantasy League.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2022 - 21:02

Not so sure about TLoUPI now
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 12:59

masofdas wrote:

That I give you my 22 predictions for 2022

1. Switch passes 100m BINGO 1 point
2. FIFA 23 to be a Legacy Edition on Switch BINGO 1 point
3. Fire Emblem Remake Three Hopes is close as telling the story of Three Houses over, yet it is a spin-off and Engage is a new game just celebrating the series 0.25 points as same story is close
4. Zelda BotW 2 delayed to 2023 BINGO 1 point
5. New 3D Mario game Nope 0 points
6. PSVR2 launches in 2022 Nope Feb 23 0 Points
7. Half-Life Alyx is a PSVR2 launch game Could still be 0 Points
8. Silent Hill is shown, it is from Bloober Lots' of SH and one is from Bloober 1 Point
9. Last of Us Factions to launch around the time of the HBO show, the remake of Part I will likely be shown as well but won't come out till 2023 for the 10th anniversary Remake came outthis year and no word on factions 0.25 Points as was right got a Remake
10. New PSN service launches gets compared to Game Pass even though more like NSO as it will have PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP maybe VITA games as the main selling point Spot on especially now all the videos saying not like Game Pass even though we knew that from the leaks 1 Point
11. Xbox has the one two punch again of Forza Motorsport and Starfield launching a month apart No punches 0 Points
12. Halo Single Player DLC launches Nope and that road map ooph 0 Points
13. Ubisoft+ comes to console Announced for Xbox and PS but still not out 0.5 as announced just not out unless you count Classic+ on PSN which I don't
14. Valve doesn't release a game with a 3 on the end BINGO 1 Point
15. Kingdom Hearts IV is teased BINGO 1 Point
16. Persona 6 is announced has a female lead Nope 0 Points
17. Game Pass passes 50m subs Nope and seems from the stuff going on it's only on about 29m 0 Points
18. Another core-style Pokémon game comes to Switch beyond Legends, e.g. Lets Go 2 or Black HD Yep a whole new gen 1 Point
19. A new Xbox Series System and I'm not counting the TV dongle as we know it's coming, I mean like a Series R, but I've got no idea what be different about it Nope and the stick is on hold 0 Points
20. PS5 passes 30m Only number I can find is 27.5m, that after this month then maybe 0 points but may have to come back this one
21. Wind Waker 20th anniversary HD edition for Switch may or may not be in a collection, but Wind Waker will be playable on Switch in 2022 Nope somehow 0 points
22. I buy an OLED BINGO, great buy as well even though not really used it undocked 1 Point

Think that's about 10 points, and got most of my Nintendo one's sort of right but Xbox I did awful on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 13:21

This was a shite year for my predictions. Let's get them out of the way.

Balladeer wrote:
  1. Finally we get the stonking year for Nintendo that the pandemic has delayed.  They have four games that I give 8/10, and at least one 9/10. Nintendo had a bollocks year for me. I'm not a Splatoon or Bayo head, I liked Kirby less than many, and their big Christmas game was only better than average. In the end we had one 8/10 and one 9, so nowhere close.
  2. BotW2 comes out this year.  At this stage that's enough of a gamble to be an entire prediction for me.  (Also 'it's going to be good' isn't exactly sticking my neck out.) WRONG
  3. Pokémon Legends Arceus is good, but rushed by the geniuses at Game Freak isn't quite as good as it should be.  77-86 Metascore.  83, although the rushed part belongs more to its follow-up.
  4. Kirbypocalypse is quite generic outside its 3D wrapper.  72-81 Metascore. I mean, I agree with this, but Metacritic loved it and gave it 85.
  5. We see a CGI trailer for Metroid Prime 4 with at most a few seconds of gameplay.  We did not.
  6. Go on, I'll play this again.  New non-porty Mario of some kind.  It's got to happen this year, right?  Got to. It did not.
  7. We also see an all-new game from Mario's friend Donkey Kong. We did not.
  8. 2022 sees generation 9 of Pokémon formally announced, but not released.  Half a point only if released, but I think we'd have heard something about it by now. Half a point it is. We also saw why it shouldn't have been released this year.
  9. Nintendo adds the Game Boy to Switch Online.  Not the GBA.  Internet loses it. Added neither. Half a point for GBA I guess.
  10. A bold pick for last: we see some sort of non-Switch Online 2D Zelda game.  Could be all-new or a remake/remaster.  I reckon it's been long enough since the last all-new one that this is possible.  Half a mark if we see an indie collaboration. Bold = wrong.

2/10. Miserable. The discrepancy between that first prediction and the reality kind of sums it up.

Buskalilly wrote:
Boris Johnson ousted but surprise - the new Tory cunt is equally evil. The British public continue to vote for more punishment anyway

They weren't all bangers, but this was spot on!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Jan 2023 - 12:55

It's time for the 2023 edition of this from me masofdas

1. No New Hardware from Nintendo comes out. A Special Edition System wouldn't count, but a Switch OLED Lite would count as new hardware
2. EA Sports FC on Switch is somehow still FIFA from 7 years ago No Sad
3. Kid Icarus Returns
4. More than one Zelda Universe game comes out. I've still got hope for WWHD port
5. New Mario game, which is kinda tied to the movie maybe in terms of plot New game doesn't seem to be movie tied though
6. Metroid Prime 4 is still MIA
7. Half-Life Alyx is announced for PSVR2
8. Konami bring back Metal Gear. I'm thinking a remaster collection or a remake, but could be a new pachinko machine BINGO
9. The Last of Us Part II gets a PS5 directors cut, the BETA for Factions (Multiplayer game) is bundled in
10. PlayStation Plus at any level gets less than 10 Day One games
11. Xbox Game Studios (Bethesda) release at least 5 games. I'm thinking we will get Forza Motorsport, Redfall and Starfield at least then just two more unfortunately can't think what they would be. At the moment Hifi Rush, Minecraft Legends, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Starfield also some ports from PC to Xbox with AoE etc that I will say YES
12. Valve doesn't release a game with a 3 on the end
13. Persona 6 is announced has a female lead
14. Kingdom Hearts IV is shown again and has Star Wars stuff
15. Some sort of core Pokémon Game in 2023 maybe a B&W Remaster or Let's Go 2 Only seems to be DLC
16. New Xbox Hardware comes out Well the 1TB Series S
17. Another system added to NSO Expansion. Hoping for GBA BINGO and GB/GBC
18. Square Enix release over 35 games, I will be counting ports, like in 2022 https://www.gamesasylum.com/2022/12/20/how-many-rpgs-did-square-enix-release-this-year-exactly/.
19. Embracer Group buys at least two studios Yeah didn't see this, though think they have just bought someone
20. PS4 and Switch both pass the GameBoy for units sold Switch has, no number for PS4 since March 2022
21. DS and 3DS like nostalgia/revival from Nintendo this year. I'm predicting this and not 100% sure what I mean but if my Kid Icarus prediction right, and we see I don't know Ever Oasis 2 along with my B&W Remaster etc that sort of thing feel we're getting a bit of DS/3DS love. Kinda feel I'm getting this right with Theatrhythm, Rune Factory 3, Etrian Odyssey Origins, Fantasy Life, Ghost Trick, Inazuma Eleven, Layton, Rhapsody, Ace Attorney 4-6.
22. A Mario Sports game. I'm feeling basketball
23. I buy a PSVR2. Even though it's super spenny, and it has like 2 games I want to play on it. I did and sold already as was only two games

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 7 Sep 2023 - 10:34; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 13:19

Mas deprived of his annual 'FIFA will be a legacy edition' surefire win, is it? Tongue Right, let's have a crack, they can't be any worse than last year.  (They can be Balla, a whole two points worse, this is hubris and you know it.)

1. TotK doesn't rank quite as high as it should because everybody is complaining about reused environments and how it's not as revolutionary as the game that came before it.  Buska explodes.  (Measured by a maximum of 94 on Metacritic.  Buska explodes, again.)
2. Fire Emblem Engage is mediocre compared to Three Houses.  (Maximum of 84 on Metacritic, 5 marks below 3H.)
3. We finally see our second trailer for Metroid Prime 4.  It's not coming out this year though.
4. Pikmin 4 comes out this year, and sells the most in the series.
5. Our Pokémon spin-off of the year isn't one that uses the main battling system.  So no Let's Go, Legends 2, BW remake, or Stadium 3.  (Of course we still get a spin-off.)
6. Go on, I'll play this again again.  New non-porty Mario of some kind.  It's got to happen this year, right?  Got to.  (Yes, I said just this last year.)
JRPG Round
7. Ys X runs like rubbish on Switch, according to me.  Not the foregone conclusion this may seem, I thought IX ran fine.
8. I give Octopath Traveller 2 a 7.  Half a mark for an 8.
9. At least one more Voice of Cards game comes out, and it still gets above 70 Metascore for some reason.Rolling Eyes
And Finally
10. This year we finally get our first murmurings about the Switch 2.  A code name's enough.  It won't release this year though.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 2 Jan 2023 - 16:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 13:26

Umm "EA Sports FC on Switch is somehow still FIFA from 7 years ago"

I think you'll be right about TotK, but I'll somehow love it because it's gone back to dungeons etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 13:28

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think that's less a surefire win than it has been in previous yeeeeeeeaaaaah as I started typing this out I realised what an idiot I was being. Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:28

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 Ea-sports-fc.large

Now just to be a legacy like version
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Apr 2023 - 8:41

You realise that's a meaningless Prediction?

Edit: Apparently I already made this point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 11:46

We make it every year Smurf. Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 12:26

And I'll make mine in 2024 as well
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Jul 2023 - 11:32

NOOOO!
It's a new game, EA FC 24

Still next year making the same prediction of legacy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 15:43

Triple Post but now TGA has been and Xmas coming, can't see us getting much more new info on games now

masofdas wrote:

It's time for the 2023 edition of this from me masofdas

1. No New Hardware from Nintendo comes out. A Special Edition System wouldn't count, but a Switch OLED Lite would count as new hardware. Yes 1
2. EA Sports FC on Switch is somehow still FIFA from 7 years ago. No Sad 0
3. Kid Icarus Returns. Nope 0
4. More than one Zelda Universe game comes out. I've still got hope for WWHD port. Nope, unless I'm missing something 0
5. New Mario game, which is kinda tied to the movie maybe in terms of plot. New game doesn't seem to be movie tied though 1/2
6. Metroid Prime 4 is still MIA Yep 1
7. Half-Life Alyx is announced for PSVR2 Nope 0
8. Konami bring back Metal Gear. I'm thinking a remaster collection or a remake, but could be a new pachinko machine BINGO 1
9. The Last of Us Part II gets a PS5 directors cut, the BETA for Factions (Multiplayer game) is bundled in. Yep but in 2024, and it's a roguelite mode not factions 3/4
10. PlayStation Plus at any level gets less than 10 Day One games. We've had 6 from what I can tell 1
11. Xbox Game Studios (Bethesda) release at least 5 games. I'm thinking we will get Forza Motorsport, Redfall and Starfield at least then just two more unfortunately can't think what they would be. YES, even without ports like AoEIV, I believe they've had 7 games (more if you count ABK already) 1
12. Valve doesn't release a game with a 3 on the end Yep 1
13. Persona 6 is announced has a female lead Nope 0
14. Kingdom Hearts IV is shown again and has Star Wars stuff Nope 0
15. Some sort of core Pokémon Game in 2023 maybe a B&W Remaster or Let's Go 2 Only seems to be DLC, so nope 0
16. New Xbox Hardware comes out Well the 1TB Series S 1
17. Another system added to NSO Expansion. Hoping for GBA BINGO and GB/GBC 1
18. Square Enix release over 35 games, I will be counting ports, like in 2022 https://www.gamesasylum.com/2022/12/20/how-many-rpgs-did-square-enix-release-this-year-exactly/. I think it's 27–32 games from them, so no 0
19. Embracer Group buys at least two studios. Yeah didn't see this, though did buy two 1
20. PS4 and Switch both pass the GameBoy for units sold. Switch has, no numbers for PS4 since March 2022 1/2
21. DS and 3DS like nostalgia/revival from Nintendo this year. I'm predicting this and not 100% sure what I mean but if my Kid Icarus prediction right and we see, I don't know Ever Oasis 2 along with my B&W Remaster etc that sort of thing feel we're getting a bit of DS/3DS love. Kinda feel I'm getting this right with Theatrhythm, Rune Factory 3, Etrian Odyssey Origins, Fantasy Life, Ghost Trick, Inazuma Eleven, Layton, Rhapsody, Ace Attorney 4-6. I think Yep 1
22. A Mario Sports game. I'm feeling basketball. Nope 0
23. I buy a PSVR2. Even though it's super spenny, and it has like 2 games I want to play on it. I did and sold already as was only two games 1

Going to give myself 12.75 points out of the 23 here

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 12:53; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 10:53

23 and 2 are making me laugh. Very Happy

Balladeer wrote:
1. TotK doesn't rank quite as high as it should because everybody is complaining about reused environments and how it's not as revolutionary as the game that came before it.  Buska explodes.  (Measured by a maximum of 94 on Metacritic.  Buska explodes, again.)  96, everybody loved it.
2. Fire Emblem Engage is mediocre compared to Three Houses.  (Maximum of 84 on Metacritic, 5 marks below 3H.)  80, smashed this one.
3. We finally see our second trailer for Metroid Prime 4.  It's not coming out this year though.  Did not smash this one.
4. Pikmin 4 comes out this year, and sells the most in the series.  Correct on both counts, according to this.
5. Our Pokémon spin-off of the year isn't one that uses the main battling system.  So no Let's Go, Legends 2, BW remake, or Stadium 3.  (Of course we still get a spin-off.)  Pokémon Sleep. Laughing
6. Go on, I'll play this again again.  New non-porty Mario of some kind.  It's got to happen this year, right?  Got to.  (Yes, I said just this last year.)  Bang on!
JRPG Round
7. Ys X runs like rubbish on Switch, according to me.  Not the foregone conclusion this may seem, I thought IX ran fine.  Didn't come out at all.
8. I give Octopath Traveller 2 a 7.  Half a mark for an 8.  Gutted to give this a six.
9. At least one more Voice of Cards game comes out, and it still gets above 70 Metascore for some reason. Rolling Eyes I could have given myself half a point here, the VoC Trilogy released and all three games in it have above 70 Metascore even if the trilogy itself wasn't scored... but that's tenuous.  No new game, thank God.
And Finally
10. This year we finally get our first murmurings about the Switch 2.  A code name's enough.  It won't release this year though.  Absolutely bloody nothing.

A 4/10 is pretty good for me, RPGs letting me down there. DAMN YOU! I'm going to find it really hard to do this for next year though.  We know next to nothing about Nintendo's plans.  I'll give the Peach game a mediocre prediction to annoy Buska, and I'm not sure where else I really go from there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 12:43

Guess it be predicting launch month, price, games etc for Switch 2 or even name
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 12:49

Aw yeah, gunning for a 0.5/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 13:38

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 2024-Predictions-Blog-1

It's that time of year again when I make predictions for the upcoming year, spread over the three platform holders and others with these 20+ predictions

1. Nintendo's next system will launch September or October 2024, I think Nintendo will avoid November release due to the election in the states.
2. It will be priced between £349.99-399.99, this is the price of a SteamDeck now and feel the next system from Nintendo has to be PS4 Pro/Series S levels of power.
3. 3D Mario to release in 2024, not going to say this is the next system's launch game as maybe that doesn't come out, but Nintendo still need a big 2024 game regardless.
4. Zelda game will release, likely WWHD/TPHD ported to Switch to keep the Switch ticking over to the next system.
5. Pokémon mainline-like game to launch, I'm thinking B&W remake, though could be a Let's Go 2 or Legends 2.
6. Mario Sports game releases, Camelot's last game was in 2021, feel they'll have something and it is often sports, though I'd sooner have Golden Sun.

7. PlayStation 5 Pro to launch in 2024 and priced over £549.99.
8. PlayStation Plus at any level gets less than 10 Day One games, a repeat of last year but it is a safe one and one I don't mind being wrong on as day one games would be nice.
9. PSVR2 gets less than two games from PlayStation Studios, PlayStation IP's from an outside studio wouldn't count e.g. Sumo with Sackboy.  
10. After 4 years, Team ASOBI release their next game, which is likely a full-fledged Astro game.
11. Much like that, we will hear about Bluepoint next game as well, though don't think this will release in 2024.
12. Final Fantasy IX Remake is a PS5 Console exclusive.

13. Game Pass gets a massive drop of ABK games in 2024 headlined by Diablo IV in time for Vessel of Hatred.
14. New Xbox Controller is released with haptics etc like a DualSense has.
15. Gears is back, this is either going to be Gears 6 or a Gears 2 Remake in Unreal 5.
16. Xbox announce it has over 40m Game Pass users, might already be this sort of number after Xbox Live was canned for Game Pass Core if they count that.
17. Hellblade II gets nominated for GOTY at The Game Awards.
18. Though the 20th anniversary of the 360 is in 2025, due to the 360 shutting down in 2024, Xbox will do some sort of celebration that could be my above Gears 2 Remake, 1v100 revival, 360 Edition Controllers etc.

19. Apple continues to expand into the gaming market, maybe an Apple TV aimed at gamers that can run the likes of REmake 4 using the same tech as the iPhone that can play RE4.
20. Kingdom Hearts IV is shown again with Star Wars.
21. Persona 6 is teased and has a female lead.
22. Half-Life Alyx is ported not to PSVR2 but Quest 3 as the first Quest 3 exclusive.
23. Yoko Taro is back with the next NieR game.

24. I buy both the PS5 Pro and next Nintendo system, even though only like Astro taking advantage of the Pro and only really Mario to play on the new Nintendo system.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 19:20

Oh God, here we bloody go.  I've not read yours yet, I don't know what I'm picking for mine either.  So much hinges on Nintendo pulling their fingers out and releasing the Switch 2 this year.  It's boom or bust or slightly less bust (not that kind).

Switch 2 Predictions

1. We get a Switch 2.  It comes out in Q4 of this year and has Switch in the name, along with the hybridisation of the Switch 1.  It also introduces some other new gimmick that, like the 3DS' 3D, isn't actually why anybody's buying it.
2. Switch 2 launches with a 3D Mario (new) or a 3D Zelda (remake/remaster), and a party game that's better than 1-2-Switch was.  Yes I know that latter bit's not much of a stretch.
3. Price: £280-£350.  I think much higher and you're losing that family appeal.
4. It's fully backwards compatible, including eShop purchases translating over.  I just don't think even Nintendo are stupid/smug enough to pull this one.  (No comment on Switch Online.)
5. The first reports of some hardware fail like Joy-Con drift are out before the end of the year. Rolling Eyes

Other

6. Princess Peach Showtime gets a 70-78 Metascore.  The low difficulty is roundly slated, missing the point somewhat.
7. Paper Mario TTYD HD comes out in Q2.  It doesn't top a million.  (Side note: the original sold 1.9m overall apparently, which was far above what I expected!)
8. Level-5 double bill: Decapolice doesn't get a Metascore above 75, whereas Fantasy Life 2 gets 71-80.  We see more trailers for Layton 7 or something.
9. The Plucky Squire is either delayed to 2025, or moves to Switch 2, or runs like bobbins on Switch (at launch).
10. Finally a bold one: Silksong releases in 2024!

Now looking at yours, I'm slapping myself that I forgot the easy Pokémon prediction.  I think you make a good point about November being off the cards, but I reckon you're off on the price.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 12:52

Price a hard one, as I would think more expensive than the Switch which was £280 and then price of other hardware on the market like a Series S is £300 that if power close to that then put into a handheld etc feel we might be at that £350 we both think, then add £70 Mario at launch, be a spenny September.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)   Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming Predictions of the Year (Currently Featuring... Whichever Year It Is Now)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3