We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
EofGizmo
JayMoyles
neil
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Which starter are you picking as your first choice?
Cyndaquil
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_lcap46%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Oshawott
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Rowlet
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_lcap23%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
I'm not even getting this game, but: ooh! Poll!
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 21:40

And who doesn't want that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 21:43

Why I had three eeveeolutions and eevee in the end.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 14:55

Balladeer wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
Eevee - Umbreon awaits.
Of course he bloody does. Laughing Edgelord Moyles strikes again!

This game has been catering to my tastes nicely. All my team so far are named after yokai or things from Japanese mythology. They're all edgy buggers. It is peak JayMoyles.

I did pick up a decidedly not edgy Goomy... its evolution is certainly odd in Arceus. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 16:56

Goomy's evolution is great.  I've had one for a while.  

I've actually done almost the same with my nicknames!  Almost.  Some of them just got named after random Japanese words (thanks Google Translate), and some are dreadful wordplay.
For example (spoilers for last area):

Team news (mild spoilers for postgame):
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptySun 6 Feb 2022 - 17:05

I have not started this yet but we got a copy yesterday so I'm looking forward to playing it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 13:36

Muss wrote:
I have not started this yet but we got a copy yesterday so I'm looking forward to playing it.

I started this yesterday and fell asleep at all the text you have to sift through at the start. It doesn't help that I've watched a couple of different streamer friends, including our own Buska, go through the early parts of the game. I was tired anyway but that had me nodding right off.

This morning I gave it a proper go before work and once the game opens up it's very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 15:58

I played LOADS of this on Sunday and Monday and got credits rolling and beat the superboss battle in the post-game.

I'm still wanting to catch them all in this, which is rare as this is usually the point in Pokemon games where I'll tap out. I think the minute-to-minute gameplay of sneaking around the various locales and catching 'Mon is an absolute pleasure to play through.

Post-game superboss spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 15:09

I played this loads more yesterday, and I've even played it during work meetings today Laughing

It's really good. Going out into the world and finding Pokemon is really cool. Almost every time I've stumbled across a new pokemon, I've had that little rush of excitement and gone "ooh" (but not like Russell Brand).

The battle system has been engaging enough too. I like the styles, I like the seamless fluidity of finding pokemon and battling them. The only thing I'm a bit less into is that the aggressive pokemon are a bit inconsistent in terms of spotting you out in the overworld.

There are definitely a catalogue of things I don't like about the game. There's too much text for my taste as all the bits in the village just feel so slow. That nutter who teaches you how to pack your bag is a proper bum poo wee; tracking side quests is a bit annoying because the folks in the village don't have a symbol above their heads when you've met the conditions; and the overworld does feel a bit barren at times.

But overall the good outweighs the bad. It's a game with some growing pains on display, perhaps, but it's a really solid attempt at a revised pokemon game. I really like it when you complete a quest and the pokemon you had to catch is integrated into the village in some way. It's the first pokemon game that does that Digimon World esque thing of building/improving a village.

There is room to grow for sure. For example, it would be nice if the overworld pokemon interacted with each other to some limited extent, or if there were more things in it to find and so on. But what a nice place for the game to be right, that you're looking at it and thinking - yeah do this but more!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 15:38

Man, you talking about overworld Pokemon interacting with one another has me thinking about Pokemon turf wars, Monster Hunter style.

I'm deep into my quest to finish the Pokedex and I'm a little dismayed to find out some of the Pokemon only spawn in that random space-time distortion zone. So, I'll ask on here to see if you guys can help me along - if anyone has any Eevees, Magnemites, Porygons or Cranidos that they wouldn't mind sharing, then I'd be really appreciative!
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 16:30

There are Eevees in the first area I think.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 16:56

Jay I can hook you up with eevees, porygons and cranidos. Got a few of those each. Got some pokemon I'd like in return if you have any of these.

Pokemon I need

Cherubi
Happiny
Barboach
Togepi
Turtwig
Duskull
Magby
Magnemite
Cleffa

Probably a couple of common pokemon in there but in my scouring of the areas I guess I've just not come across them.

Also I'm open for trading with anyone. I've got most of the other pokemon so just name whatever.

Last edited by Kriken on Thu 10 Feb 2022 - 12:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 21:40

I'm rubbish at being online to trade stuff, otherwise I'd volunteer.  I know that Barboach, Duskull, Magby, and Turtwig all have areas where they're relatively common, and I'm happy to let slip where!

neil wrote:
There are Eevees in the first area I think.

Also there's a consistent spawn spot for them in the fifth.

Muss wrote:
I played this loads more yesterday, and I've even played it during work meetings today Laughing

I don't recognise this vibe at all. Shifty

Muss wrote:
There is room to grow for sure. For example, it would be nice if the overworld pokemon interacted with each other to some limited extent, or if there were more things in it to find and so on. But what a nice place for the game to be right, that you're looking at it and thinking - yeah do this but more!

I've been thinking all of this!  Also I like how 'bum poo wee' is our new form of cuss.

I've spent the day hunting down every last Unown, which I think is actually a pretty good side-quest - but it deserves more than a lousy completed Pokédex entry as its reward!  I've also got all the Pokémon up to the Big Bad of the postgame with their 'Dex entries completed.  This is going to be the first time I finish a Pokédex lads! Grin

Postgame Big Bad talk (paging Dr. Moyles):
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 13:06

Cheers for the trade offers lads! I think I'm good for Eevees as I didn't realise they spawned outside of the space-time distortions.

I'll need to check if I've got any of the 'Mon you're after Kriken. I will say most of them spawn in the overworld and like Balla, I'd be happy to share where! I might have a Cherubi though to trade you and they can be rare buggers - I'll need to check if I've still got any or if I evolved them into Cherrim for that bloody request.

Balladeer wrote:
Postgame Big Bad talk (paging Dr. Moyles):

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 16:31

I'm not sure if I'll finish the dex (or at least, catch them all) but I've made my way to the icey area now, so I must be close to the end.

I can offer you most of the pokemon requests you've got Jay whenever we're on the Mash next. It's just porygon I'm missing (who was the first distortion pokemon I saw, but I was not strong enough to nab it Sad )
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 8:51

Jay: I was definitely not up for 'tense moments' after my first run, I just wanted the bastard dead. Laughing

I've finished the game entirely now! 241 seen/241 caught/241 Pokédex entries filled. There's unfortunately no real 'ending', either when you defeat the postgame final boss or when you complete the Pokédex, so I've left the game feeling kind of underwhelmed. (Also there's one Pokémon in that segment who is awful.) It's a shame, because otherwise I'm really enthusiastic about this game and this potential sub-series.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 9:22

Finally making a bit of actual progress in this game now. I spent roughly 156 hours in Obsidian Fieldlands before ever moving on, and subsequently I'm cleaning up rather fast in Crimson Mirelands by comparison.

Having a team of level 90-100s is probably helping!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 11:40

Bananas.
As long as you're having fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 14:14

My OCD side does not emerge often, but all those checkboxes have completely set me off in this game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 19:04

stu_the_great wrote:
Finally making a bit of actual progress in this game now. I spent roughly 156 hours in Obsidian Fieldlands before  ever moving on, and subsequently I'm cleaning up rather fast in Crimson Mirelands by comparison.

Having a team of level 90-100s is probably helping!

This is unhinged! But I admire the level of "getting your money's worth" this involves.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 12:38

Rum wrote:
This is unhinged! But I admire the level of "getting your money's worth" this involves.

I can't lie - my enthusiasm has waned a little at this point, but I'm still definitely having fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 20:44

Don't ruin it for yourself Stu! Mind you, it doesn't help that Crimson Mirelands is the worst area in the game.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2022 - 13:58

Balladeer wrote:
Don't ruin it for yourself Stu!  Mind you, it doesn't help that Crimson Mirelands is the worst area in the game.

That's good to know. I like all the nooks and crannies in it (particularly where a couple of the more desirable 'Mons are hiding), but it doesn't have the same flow as Obsidian Fieldlands.

My opinion may change once I get the ability to swim and fly, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6