You need me to get that s**t together, so we can get together.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Rum
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jul 2021 - 12:35

Maybe I didn't express that well enough.  I mean close-range brawler-style action.  Long range blast-em-with-yer-lasers-but-if-they-get-too-close-you're-stuffed action is fine with me.

...actually two other people got what I meant so I obviously did express it well enough and Buska's just being dumb. Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Kriken
FMK Tagline
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jul 2021 - 19:20

But the only melee move they've been showing is the counter used to stun attacking enemies, like in Samus Returns. And a new variant of it you do out of a dash.

I love Metroid even when it doesn't deviate that much from what it normally does. Super, Zero Mission, AM2R, Fusion and Samus Returns are some of my fave games ever. But I don't mind it branching out very slightly with one or two melee attacks.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jul 2021 - 1:45

I knew what you meant, I still think complaining about something having more karate is a baffling opinion. Anything would be improved by more karate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jul 2021 - 8:13

@masofdas wrote:
I don't know much about Metroid but couldn't it be that Samus has been a bounty hunter longer, got better gear etc that she is more action then the first game.

This sort of lines up if you look at the chronological order of the series, as Other M had those counter attack moves for some enemy types which is set before Fusion and Dread. Mostly though it's just Mercury steam putting their stamp on the series & honestly I would quite like the parry to also be in Prime 4.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2021 - 20:08

@Buskalilly wrote:
I knew what you meant, I still think complaining about something having more karate is a baffling opinion. Anything would be improved by more karate.

Ah okay.  So one of us didn't express it well enough. Razz

@Kriken wrote:
But the only melee move they've been showing is the counter used to stun attacking enemies, like in Samus Returns. And a new variant of it you do out of a dash.

As long as they keep it to that, that's fine by me.  I personally just don't want there to be lots of finishers where Samus chokeslams Ridley into a pipe before shooting a missile down his throat, much though I'm sure the wrestling fans here would love it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jul 2021 - 2:15

@Balladeer wrote:
I personally just don't want there to be lots of finishers where Samus chokeslams Ridley into a pipe before shooting a missile down his throat

We live in different worlds sometimes, buddy . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Aug 2021 - 15:08

Love
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 15:03

Good good good good good good. Good good good. Good.

I should probably contribute more and not artificially up my post count, but I've been avoiding a lot of the little snippets and videos Nintendo have been releasing as I'm pretty much sold*, and want as much as possible to be new to me.

*Only if the reviews say it makes your console explode or something. Which the NES version could do! Sorta.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 16:40

Yeh, all I've seen is that initial reveal trailer & I will be keeping it that way.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 16:45

Same actually! It's very rare to get surprised by a new game nowadays so I would love to experience the Dread with as little knowledge as possible for a change.

Going to be a great discussion once it's out though if most of us are able to keep it this way
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 16:45

As someone that's new to the series, these trailers are getting me excited for Dread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Aug 2021 - 10:18

All valid views. That trailer looks really nice but I don't think it gives away much new... but I definitely understand keeping away!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 11:59

I've already made up my mind to play this - and in fact already started my 5-game run - so I don't feel much desire to watch trailers. Generally I find I regret watching anything but the earliest trailers for stuff nowadays. In some cases, even those are bad; I made the mistake of watching the trailer for the new Spider-man, which basically runs you through the key events of the first two acts!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 14:29

Only £26.99 at Currys!

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/games/nintendo-switch-metroid-dread-10230630-pdt.html
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 14:35

Wow, that is a saving, as the cheapest place I found when I did a bunch of pre-orders awhile ago was £41.99.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 20:16

That must have been a pricing error as it's showing as £49.99 again for me on Curry's. I'd have leapt upon that like a seagull on chips if it was still showing at that price!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 20:23

Yeah it's a price error but they've yet to cancel my order and they've taken the £27.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 21:07

Bah! I saw that this afternoon but couldn't go for it as I had to head out.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Tingle's Dingle
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:53

This will be the first game I've bought on launch day in a very long time. Gotta support dat Metroids!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)   Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid Dread (Primed and Dready)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2