We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the Score?

Go down 
+8
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
gjones
Treesmurf
Rum
masofdas
Muss
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 15:11

Right, here's the rules.
What's the Score? 220px-Nostradamus_by_Cesar

Each month Mas makes his monthly releases thread.

From that thread I'll pick out four games. To play, make a give a score prediction for each game in a spoiler box by whatever deadline I've set in the OP for this month (usually the day before date the release date of whichever game of the four comes out first).

Consider the Opoencritic score par for the course. You get 0 points for matching with Opencritic, and you gain a point for each number away from the Opencritc score your prediction is. So the lower your score the better. Opencritic is graded on a 0-100 scale, so make a prediction from 0-100 for each game you pick and I'll add up the sum of your predictions on the last day of each month.

I'll keep track of the average scores so we can see who the winner was over the year too.

This months games are:

August Games

No More Heroes III
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Aliens: Fireteam Elite

Cut off date for posting your prediction is August 18th (I think 12 Minutes releases the day after).

Current Leaderboard (Avg. Score)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Muss on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 21:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 15:26

If you're using Meta what version of NEO TWEWY are you using? Why I do prefer Open which we use for Fantasy as it puts all the version together as you know Muss cough Cyberpunk cough.

Please may I also have example of the scoring as well on how I will get points, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 16:06

I can use Open if that's easier. As for the scoring, say you predict that Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of ruin will be a 78, and the Open critic score is an 85, then you would get 7 points. (85-78). If you had predicted a score of 92, and the Open critic was 85, then you would also get 7 points (92-85). Big number minus small number.

let's say that your other predictions for the rest of the games were 6, 15, and 5 points away from the Open Critic score. I'd just take a mean average of all your predictions and that would be how much you scored for the month, which would be 8.25.

So over the course of a year, I could take an average of each player's monthly scores to find out their overall score. Could also track the best individual month each player has had so we can have two winners at the end of the year - best average score per month, e.g., closest to perfectly predicting each game - and best individual month.

Hopefully it wouldn't be too much bother for people to play and it would not matter if people missed a few months out here or there because it's all taken as an average. It's more just something to take punts on as a game each month.

I'll edit part of the OP into a leaderboard once people start playing, assuming people would want to have a go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 16:19

Cool and closer I am the better to the score the better

My Predictions:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 16:31

Cool

My Predictions:
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 18:58

This sounds fun! I'll not look at your predictions before posting mine so that I'm not influenced...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 20:20

Dem scores dem scores dem dryyyyy scores:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 0:59

Georgie Dawes:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 1:53

I haven't seen, read or thought about a videogame's score in *checks how long since ONM closed* seven years but sure, I'll try.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 9:26

The scores
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 15:07

What's the Score? Wr-0WEY-
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 22:28

Buskalilly wrote:
I haven't seen, read or thought about a videogame's score in *checks how long since ONM closed* seven years but sure, I'll try.

I genuinely thought you were going to straight-up refuse to play again for score-hating reasons.

Let's have a bash:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 13:15

My July Predictions:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 20:14

Er
Scores:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyThu 8 Jul 2021 - 20:42

Stop the count, please.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:30

I've missed the cut-off for this month, but chiming in to say this is a grand forum game idea. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptySat 24 Jul 2021 - 18:39

Just put August games thread up, can I put forward any of these for the 4 games for this in August

Humankind
No More Heroes III
12 Minutes
Psychonauts 2
Kena
Lawn Mowing Simulator
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptySun 25 Jul 2021 - 20:02

This isn't my thread (although maybe it should be looking at the scores so far) so I'll go along with whatever gets included but I'd rather not predict things like Humankind which doesn't seem interesting to me on either end of the reviews spectrum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptySun 25 Jul 2021 - 20:08

I was looking at it as big'ish PC exclusive but Age of Empires IV not long away either.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptySun 25 Jul 2021 - 20:31

Just my personal opinion anyway, I've no real interest in PC gaming so I don't really speak for anyone else and might be a little biased, it might do me some good to pay more attention to it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyMon 26 Jul 2021 - 16:20

Hmm. I'm actually on a stag do from the 30th, so I'll jot up the scores on Thursday and I'll put the next games up then too.

I'm open to suggestions about what people want to do with it. I was planning on putting Humankind up but now that you mention it I can see that a lot of folk might not want to vote on that.

How about going forward, I put up a list of 8 or so games, from which forumites pick 4 to predict? (or pick 3 if we think 4 is too many). I'll generally try and make sure the bigger games are available with a few random ones.

I guess it does not matter too much what games any individual predicts as long as they are from Mas' list so in theory people could also pick their own from that thread if they wanted to. But it might be simpler to just have the current options in the OP of the thread each month.

Also, if any of the games end up not getting enough reviews to score then I just won't count those towards the average scores at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 11:00

It's your game Muss, I would like to see 4 or games though like one game a week from the month and always funny a random like Summer Sports unfortunately looks like it's not going to get any reviews.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:25

Just pick 'em Muss, I'm sure we can cope.

Also I want points for predicting that Summer Sports wouldn't get enough reviews damn it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 0:22

I also think the game makes more sense with four specific games.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 21:07

Ok folks, I've run the equations, but before we find out this month's Mystic Meg, what were the Opencritic scores for the games?

NEO: The World Ends With You - 81. This one went down pretty well with most critics. Mas and, amazingly, Buskalilly were only 1 point off on their predictions on this one.

Skyward Sword - 82. Everyone had this in the 80s, but it was Treesmurf who got the score dead on with gjones 1 point adrift.

Summer Sports something - I shouldn't have picked this as it wasn't scored. Balla wanted a prize for guessing it wouldn't be, so I'll give him a kiss at the next meetup.

Monster Hunter Stories 2 - 81. Treesmurf was dead right here again, but everyone guessed this pretty accurately as the furthest away was only 4.

And for the final scores...
Spoiler:

And now for the games of August:

No More Heroes III
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Aliens: Fireteam Elite

So some indie stuff and the big Switch game this month.

Cut off date for posting your prediction is August 18th (I think 12 Minutes releases the day after). And if anyone who didn't play last month fancies a go, that's cool. Just post a prediction for this month.

Last edited by Muss on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 21:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's the Score? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Score?   What's the Score? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the Score?
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next