We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
gjones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 10:53

To be fair, Muss, we played a shedload of the Wii U one in Wells.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 11:15

What you're saying what I was talking about best and favourites, little while ago.

My Top 30 (can be found elsewhere) is my favourite games played on Switch.

Yet just did a Pod of War (we need a new name) where CW bought a Switch, and we recommended him stuff like Pikmin 3 and SM3DW.

If doing same podcast for Balla for instance, those wouldn't be what we recommend as he likely played on Wii U, it be stuff like Final Fantasy X or Three Houses instead.

Different games for different people/situations.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 11:30

I'm interested to see how many of this Top 10 are Switch exclusives. As a system with such an excellent, vast catalog of games, does it lack an identity of its own? Now that's a bold statement and a can of worms.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 11:36

Maybe, as look how long it has taken me to warm to the Switch as I wasn't bothered about MK8D (Am now with DLC coming), SMASH, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2 even though great games.

Yet am for Pokémon Snap, Legends, Dread, Kirby, Monster Hunter Rise etc the new experiences.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 13:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 12:21

It's a natural byproduct of being both a wildly popular platform, and being powerful enough to support cross-platform releases. The exclusives get drowned out. Pretty much everything since the SNES (minus the first two years of GameCube), the consoles relied heavily on first-party or console exclusive releases, so you could definitively say what the best N64 games are, or the best Wii games are. As time goes on, we will more remakes and remasters/deluxes appear.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 13:06

I don't think the exclusives get drowned out, just as Muss put it, only us nerds remember the Wii U to most people that system never happened, that think if we went on the streets asking the best Switch games we'd get Mario Kart 8 a lot.

Yet what you're saying is why I've not really warmed to my PS5 or XSX (That the whole point of Xbox though all the same) as I'm just playing PS4 or ONE games that look better for the most part.

Not actual new experiences on those systems, I'm waiting for the Pokémon Snap, Legends, Dread, Kirby, Monster Hunter Rise etc of those two systems.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 21:26

The final placings cometh.

Third Place:

Second Place:

And The Winner Is... (Big Shock):

Find out exactly how many votes the game that didn't come third got on Monday, probably.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 21:46

I'm going to be bold here and predict Mario Kart 8 has 5 votes meaning joint second in popularity but only has like 10 points as it was about 9th on most of the lists sent in.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 21:49

I simply cannot fathom not including BOTW in a Switch top 10 - unless you played it on WiiU
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 21:55

Wave

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 12 Mar 2022 - 21:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't play BotW on Wii U, just think it's meh)
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 21:56

Also to go back to earlier discussion - my WiiU lived in the living room of the house share I lived in at the time. The Switch didn't. Mario Kart 8 on WiiU got a LOT more play time with housemates than it did on Switch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 13:14

Buskalilly wrote:
To be fair, Muss, we played a shedload of the Wii U one in Wells.

Oh I remember. MK8 is my favourite Wii U game, closely followed by Splatoon. But it's also a game that lived a new life for me on Switch, where I've been able to play it with a lot more people than I ever did on the Wii U. I get that many of us owned the Wii U at times in our lives where local multiplayer was that much easier, and I can understand why some people wouldn't rank it here. But the thing with the Switch version for me is that it really does feel like that's where it is truly at home. I have played it in bed, on the tv, online, on a bus, the toilet, at me mum's, my girlfriend's, at friend's, and at work. It's a game that's helped make the system for me. A lot of people went crazy at the thought of playing Skyrim on the bog, but how many people actually did? Is it actually all that to play Witcher 3 or Splatoon anywhere except your living room, or in bed with the screen a few inches from your face? Maybe for a lot of people it is, but not for me.

MK8:D is the manifestation of gaming's holy spirit, a gift to humankind that's there for you wherever you go as long as you're not in the sea.

I think you could easily say the same thing about Odyssey, an incredibly charming game which I enjoyed exclusively on the TV but I'm sure I would have been just as happy in the handheld form. But that's kind of it for me. A vote on Switch games is also down to the way I use a Switch as much as the game itself. I've got all the consoles and a PC these days, and it's that which makes the portable nature of the Switch a much bigger deal for me than its stationary form. There aren't all that many games on it that tempt me into playing them on Switch rather than on something else, unless we're talking exclusives. Odyssey is one of those, and it's one that I'd happily play pretty much anywhere too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 17:33

The last gasp: here are all the other games that got votes.

Multiple votes each:

Every other game:

My thoughts:

Thanks too to all the rest of you who voted, you're all champs. Thumbs Up! Balla Voting Season is officially closed until late 2023.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 17:40

I close with MK8 guess, also shocked about Metroid Dread.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 8:50

I played Sakuna, it was alright, it wasn't as good as a Rune Factory.

A Hat in Time is one of the worst 3D platformers I've ever played, albeit I do try and avoid bad 3D platformers, but I'd rather play Banjo, Yooka Laylee, Shadow the Hedgehog or some shite than that.

Dread was fine, but it wasn't top tier was it now? A bit of a breeze to get through and lacks and real impact, decent combat, but nothing that's gonna stick in the memory.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 9:48

It was my GOTY last year, that either shows how good the game is as I've never liked Metroid or how bad last year was for games imo.

Then Dread makes my Top 10 Switch games, again go back look at my Top 30, is it only so high because what else I've played on Switch with stuff like Rime in the Top 30. As not sure where I'd place Dread, if it was lets say a Wii U game as I'd certainly have MK8, Bayonetta 2, 3D World etc all above it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 20:06

I loved Metroid Dread but had I voted not sure if it would be in my top 10 either (it might sneak in) but that's testament to how many great games Switch has in its library.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 22:49

Metroid Dread didn’t cross my mind once when I was thinking about my favourite and top Switch games. “Nothing that’s gonna stick in the memory” sound about right, although I enjoyed it well enough when I was playing it through. It would maybe scrape into my top fifty.

Even Vladimir Putin would find those views on A Hat In Time to be too extreme.

Voting season over until late 2023? I thought someone would do something big early next year, marking a decade since we migrated from the old NGamer Forums onto here? Was that not mentioned before?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 20:38

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I played Sakuna, it was alright, it wasn't as good as a Rune Factory.

A Hat in Time is one of the worst 3D platformers I've ever played, albeit I do try and avoid bad 3D platformers, but I'd rather play Banjo, Yooka Laylee, Shadow the Hedgehog or some shite than that.

Dread was fine, but it wasn't top tier was it now? A bit of a breeze to get through and lacks and real impact, decent combat, but nothing that's gonna stick in the memory.

I've not played Rune Factory yet (hope to later this year), but are they comparable? Sure there's the division of farming/fighting, but the fighting is more Muramasa-y than RPG-y.

Never mind that though: what on earth evidence do you have for that A Hat In Time slander? It's one of those viewpoints I just can't understand, certainly not without reading the justification. I'm sure Jim would agree with myself and Cappa, as would... well, I'd hope anybody else who played the game.

Dread was very good, better than you give it credit for and some of the bosses definitely aren't a breeze - but not quite top-tier, no.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Voting season over until late 2023? I thought someone would do something big early next year, marking a decade since we migrated from the old NGamer Forums onto here? Was that not mentioned before?

I would hope nobody's expecting me to run that. I've seen enough voting spreadsheets to last me a decade!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2022 - 7:29

Yeah I'd say RF plays very similar, the only difference is perspective, but I'd argue that the general vibe of going into dungeons, gathering, harvesting is close enough to warrant it. I found the biggest thing with Sakuna was the rice farming was often leaning more on tedious than fun, especially planting. It's good though, I should go back and get the plat, but you have to grow like every version of rice which is bad Laughing

Hat in Time was just not fun, the worlds felt tedious to get around, the levels lacked anything interesting to them and when they tried to do something interesting, like the murder mystery, it was a chore to play. All that before I mention it chugs along so badly that it genuinely made me feel ill at times. I was so excited to play it after seeing all of your positive vibes, but man I've not hated a game so much in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2022 - 18:34

Ill?! What a sensitive sausage.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 11:53

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Yeah I'd say RF plays very similar, the only difference is perspective, but I'd argue that the general vibe of going into dungeons, gathering, harvesting is close enough to warrant it. I found the biggest thing with Sakuna was the rice farming was often leaning more on tedious than fun, especially planting. It's good though, I should go back and get the plat, but you have to grow like every version of rice which is bad Laughing

Hat in Time was just not fun, the worlds felt tedious to get around, the levels lacked anything interesting to them and when they tried to do something interesting, like the murder mystery, it was a chore to play. All that before I mention it chugs along so badly that it genuinely made me feel ill at times. I was so excited to play it after seeing all of your positive vibes, but man I've not hated a game so much in a long time.

Honestly I can't disagree that the farming's a bit dull. Laughing I just... found it cathartic, y'know?  But I'm not going to slam anybody who disagrees. That's why I've been a little tentative recommending Sakuna. That said, if you enjoyed it until you started achievement hunting and then the achievements made it worse for you, that's your fault or the achievements' fault and not the game's, surely!  Don't think it deserves marks knocked off for that.

As for your views in AHiT... nah that's not the game I played.  I never felt it was a chore, Hat Kid's movement was fine if not great, and as for chugging?  I played the game on Switch and didn't have any chugging problems.  The level design is maybe not quite Mario Odyssey levels but 'lacking anything interesting' is a spicy take and a half.  I'm afraid your reasoning has only made me more confused!

Global announcement status rescinded, topic left to float downstream.  I'll put it in the Switch sub-forum, it feels like more of a Switch thread now.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 11:58

I more meant I didn't enjoy the farming that much throughout the game, it's actively putting me off achievement hunting Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 12:10

Oh man, if the DLC had come out a little earlier Mario Kart 8 would have cleaned up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 12:16

Ah ha, yes, absolutely, that would have been great! Shifty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next