We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch Empty
PostSubject: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 10:19

As I mentioned, elsewhere, Square had a FFVII event last night they announced a few things like Rebirth for PS5 but also a remaster of one of my favourite games of all time (it is number 11, just behind FFIX at 10 then I do swap these two around sometimes) is coming to everything including the Switch

Switch or maybe SteamDeck is where I'll likely play Reunion, seeing those nearest to the original PSP experience (I played it on a TV, mind). No word on if digital only, price, date etc beyond this year.

I'm pleased to see it leave the PSP as now more people get to play it and is important to the overall FFVII story, which I have seen some mention the New Trilogy isn't on Switch or Xbox, but that does make sense in ways as the Classic game along with Advent what will be after Crisis Core where it is a new story elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 12:36

I was very pleasantly surprised to see this announced last night. I've never played the original, but considering Zack's importance to the overall plot of FFVII and the remake too, I figure it's about time I dive in. Zack's voice acting will take some getting used to though... it's not great, is it? Laughing

It is strange that the other consoles are getting the Crisis Core remake but not the mainline game. I'd have expected potentially even a cloud version (no pun intended) to turn up on Switch, for example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 13:29

Well Classic Final Fantasy VII is the mainline game (then Advent Children) after Crisis Core, which is on everything, if you're following the Classic Story, as the New Trilogy is a Rebirth (see what they did there) of story.

Still going to be context for New Trilogy of how does Aerith know Zack etc though and maybe Xbox/Nintendo gets the Trilogy once all of them are out.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 9:25

I don't understand any of what either of you have said in this thread.

I'm enjoying playing Final Fantasy I on my GBA Micro during toilet breaks and train rides at the moment though, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 9:49

Crisis Core is simply the first game (actually it isn't) in the current/classic Final Fantasy VII story.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 20:41

I'm gonna assume that some sort of exclusivity agreement was made with Remake and this isn't included as it's not a part of that trilogy.

Part of me would like this on Switch to play handheld but it'll probably be PS5 again to go alongside the others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch EmptySun 19 Jun 2022 - 12:11

Yeah, if it gets a physical (Why likely Switch over SteamDeck for me) which I've got feeling knowing Square this will get one be like a £40 game then having on PS5 alongside the rest of VII (Then even FF games on PS4 or Advent in 4K) would be neat.

On Switch, I was thinking how it's such an odd system for Final Fantasy as you've got on it:

VII Classic
VIII Remastered
IX Classic
X HD Remaster
X-2 HD Remaster
XII Zodiac Age
XV Pocket Edition HD
Chocobo GP
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!, remaster of Final Fantasy Fables
Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend, okay technically they're SaGa games
Crisis Core Reunion, out this winter
Crystal Chronicles Remastered
World of Final Fantasy Maxima

Yet no VI and I know it's not on PS or Xbox either, but there's SNES Online which could get the game or Square could port the Pixel Remasters for instance on something that isn't PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch   Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Crisis Averted a Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch
Page 1 of 1