We're All Looking Forward to Scorbunny's Fire/Fighting Evolution

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

Final Fantasy VII: Remake Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 23:56

This probably deserves its own thread at this point considering it's got a release date and all now. March 3rd 2020!

I'm looking forward to this one a lot. I really enjoyed FFXV's real time battling and it's going to make replaying the story of FFVII a lot more engaging than had it remained a turn-based battler. It looks the business too, which was to be expected, I suppose.

I'm curious if they'll add in any new scenes and story scenarios or if they'll remain true to the original. The bit in the linked trailer with Aerith and Cloud getting pestered by Dementors or something certainly looked new.

The biggest curiosity to me is if we're getting the complete game at release. I really do think this is going to be an episodic game as they've shown nothing outside of the first hour or so of the game. Having said that, if Squeenix blow my socks off at their conference tonight by showing off the full game and overworld and reveal it to be a fully fledged release, I'll happily eat my worlds.

Does anybody else share my excitement? Or is there scepticism in the air for you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 14:20

I'm really excited for FFVIIR, the whole being in two parts is a odd one still with the whole next gen on the way and how are they getting 20-40hours from just Midgar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 18:27

The combat did look pretty cool in this but I don't think that alone is enough to make me try it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 18:30

I would try XV which is cheap now as that has very similar combat, if you weren't sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 23:30

The_Jaster wrote:
The combat did look pretty cool in this but I don't think that alone is enough to make me try it out.

I know you're not big on JRPGs and whatnot Jas, but what do you reckon it'd take to get you to check out FFVII:R? I'd point at this one being the most newcomer friendly Final Fantasy yet - the combat seems much more action oriented this time around.

Mas: From the E3 gameplay trailer, that boss fight against the robot scorpion seemed to take a good wee while whereas I remember it being over in minutes in the original. Couple some longer battles with some new scenes and bigger environment to traverse and explore and I can easily see FFVII:R hitting the 20-40 hour mark.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptySat 15 Jun 2019 - 22:26

@Jay - Not sure tbh..........maybe reviews that are from folk that don't have a heap of nostalgia for the game or series? I get that's a big thing to expect though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 23:12

I'd imagine there'll be some reviews out there from new players of the series. For what it's worth, they seem to be designing this with new players in mind - a totally new combat system, reworked dialogue and more. The dialogue doesn't sound like stilted anime trash from reports from E3 and I do think this will be one to watch closely next year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 10:00

Oh that's good to know & I am more open to a lot of different games these days so who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 0:00

I hope the game gets a demo put up on PSN at some point - I think getting hands-on with that battle system will be enough to convince most people.

Has anyone else seen this?

I've followed Max on YouTube for a good wee while now and this must have been such an incredible moment for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake   Final Fantasy VII: Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Page 1 of 1