We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April's not Fool of games

Go down 
+4
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

April's not Fool of games Empty
PostSubject: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 20:39

April's not Fool of games 905aeca6609625a9a7e348b635f5d1a190e6120d18fbfe42

3rd
Knowledge Keeper XBN, eShop

4th
Colony Defense - The Ultimate Minimalist Tower Base Defense Game eShop
Construction Simulator - Gold Edition PS5, PS4, XB
Doll Explorer eShop
The Gap eShop
Tengoku Struggle -Strayside- NS

5th
Life of Slime eShop

9th
Class of Heroes 1&2 PS5, NS
Pacific Drive: Deluxe Edition PS5

11th
Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology PC
Hatsumira -From the Future Undying- eShop
Let's! Revolution! XBN, eShop
Loretta eShop
Moonglow Bay eShop
Sophia the Traveler eShop

12th
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle XSX, ONE
Mixture PSVR2
The Talos Principle II: Devolver Deluxe PS5

16th
Planet of Lana PSN, eShop

18th
ArcRunner PS5
Sker Ritual PSN

19th
Contraptions Collection PS5, PS4, NS
Dragon Ball FighterZ PS5, XSX
House Flipper 2 PS5, XSX, PC
MADiSON VR PSVR2
Whisker Waters PS5, NS

23rd
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes PS5, NS, XBN, XGP
MX vs ATV Legends - 2024 Monster Energy Supercross Edition PS5, XSX
Tales of Kenzera: ZAU PSN, XBN, eShop
TMNT Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants PS5, PS4, XB, NS
TopSpin 2K25 Deluxe Edition PS5, PS4, XB

25th
Railway Empire 2 PS5, XB, NS
S.O.L Search of Light eShop

26th
Contra: Operation Galuga PS5, XB, NS (CIB)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba - Sweep the Board! NS
Happyfunland PSVR2
Lunar Lander Beyond PS5, NS, XBN
My Time at Sandrock PS4
Narita Boy PS4, NS
Pneumata PS5
SAND LAND PS5, PS4, XSX
Seed of Life PS4, XB, NS
Slave Zero X PS5, NS
Stellar Blade PS5
TopSpin 2K25 PS5, PS4, XB

28th
EI Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON HD Remaster eShop

30th
A Space for the Unbound PS5, PS4, NS
Piko Collection 4 EC
Sea of Thieves PSN
Sunsoft Collection 2 EC

An odd month as I can see things like Planet of Lana now on PSN maybe worth checking out or TMNT Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants worth a punt but nothing is really catching my eye part from Stellar Blade and Tales of Kenzera.

Very much wait and see what indies do come out, if a Sand Land reviews well etc, though really with all my recent pick-ups this is a backlog month for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 20:55

I fully didn't expect there to be as much potential for me here, but - here we are.

Nintendo Life had a little blowout on Eiyuden Chronicle. I've never played Suikoden, which it's based on, but it looked like a pretty solid retro-like JRPG. I'm at least interested in that. I'm at least curious about El Shaddai, even if it didn't get astonishing scores - it seemed to be received as one of those 7/10s, and I did really like the look of it. Same too with Planet of Lana: it may be a bit too Inside for me in the end, but it looks lovely.

An odd month indeed, but not one without promise if you're me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 6:52

Nothing for me, but that's fine, got plenty to be going on with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 10:48

Bugger all, which is all fine by me - might get around to tucking into Armored Core VI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 12:15

I backed Eiyuden Chronicle, Balla what feels like about 10 years ago now and feel I have it coming physical on Switch.

Thought Tales of Kenzera, may had some interest being a Metroidvania the setting along with price of like £17 along with not being Ubisoft with Prince of Persia, yes I know ToK is EA but only publishing it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySun 24 Mar 2024 - 20:03

Can't see myself picking any of these up but there's interest there. Sand Land does look interesting so I'll keep an eye on that, same with Stellar Blade. Planet of Lana is a likely pick up as I always thought that looked decent but I'm in no rush to play it. Pacific Drive is another game I like the look of and I'm more likely to pick it up now it has a physical, there's also My Time at Sandrock, I left Portia too long to go back to now but I'd be up for starting afresh with Sandrock. Finally there's Sea of Thieves which I'd love to play but don't envision having anyone to play it with so likely won't bother.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024 - 19:44

Slave zero X.

I've had a physical copy ordered since mid February thinking it was out on the 22nd only for the switch version then to be delayed completely & now I just noticed my order now says May 17th. Laughing I hope it's worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 10:20

Treesmurf wrote:
Can't see myself picking any of these up but there's interest there. Sand Land does look interesting so I'll keep an eye on that, same with Stellar Blade. Planet of Lana is a likely pick up as I always thought that looked decent but I'm in no rush to play it. Pacific Drive is another game I like the look of and I'm more likely to pick it up now it has a physical, there's also My Time at Sandrock, I left Portia too long to go back to now but I'd be up for starting afresh with Sandrock. Finally there's Sea of Thieves which I'd love to play but don't envision having anyone to play it with so likely won't bother.

Stellar Blade has a demo coming out this week, I'm going to give it a go as when the demo went up early and some people played apparently it's very DMC in terms of combat, which if true I'm keen on.

Pacific Drive as it now has physical is one I may look at, maybe more if I'm in GAME, and it's on offer like the physical Tchia is at the moment.

@Jas I always feel bad about that if I put a game like Slave Zero X on the list, you go pre-order, and then I'm putting on the lists for months to come, same with the PS4 version of Sandrock.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 21:20

This is yet more welcome respite, and another month where little new grabs my interest. Those two Evercade carts have a handful of games across them I’m interested in playing through, but there’s nothing majorly substantial in either of those (or anything that I must have straight away). I think I’ll carry on plugging away at the backlog for another month, until May’s Endless Ocean and Paper Mario releases.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 20:38

Masofdas wrote:
@Jas I always feel bad about that if I put a game like Slave Zero X on the list, you go pre-order, and then I'm putting on the lists for months to come, same with the PS4 version of Sandrock.

Ahh delays happen, nothing you can do about that. It's out digitally on switch on April 11th at least but I just fancied a physical copy of niche indie game & I have plenty to play in the mean time.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 10:05

I can't believe I'm writing this but... House Flipper 2.

Unless it's as broken as the first one
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 13:45

The physical has been delayed of House Flipper 2 to May 3rd, Jim.

Have started looking at May releases, which I feel Balla already had a good suggestion, as always any ideas for the month with TWO! Switch exclusives which one of them is a new game and what imo most likely Xbox game to win GOTY awards etc for years.

And a bit of an update for April

16th DAVE THE DIVER PSN, Plus
16th Grounded PSN, eShop
16th Harold Halibut PSN. XBN, XGP
16th Raji: An Ancient Epic Enhanced Edition PSN, Plus
18th No Rest for the Wicked PC
18th Final Fantasy XVI: The Rising Tide PSN
19th The Tortured Poets Department - Taylor Swift CD, Vinyl, Cassette
25th Another Crab’s Treasure PSN, XBN, XGP, eShop
25th Fallout 4 Current Gen Update PSN, XBN
25th Library of Ruina PSN, eShop
25th MEGATON MUSASHI W: WIRED PSN, eShop
25th SaGa Emerald Beyond PSN, eShop, Mobile
30th Braid: Anniversary Edition PSN, XBN, eShop, PC, Mac, Linux, Mobile
30th Front Mission 2: Remake PSN, XBN

Only really did this to get Swifty in and thought some of ya might watch Fallout, then want to play a game (I may even that). Yet found more than I thought, mostly due to the Plus Extra drop and the odd showcase recently.

Harold looks neat with the claymation. Raji being in Plus (A few games in Plus I may play like ZAU) & a short indie is my cup of tea. No Rest for the Wicked is the new game from Moon Studios, I don't normally include PC Early Access games but feel it's quite a big one, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

Rising Tide, I want to play and the last bit of DLC for XVI though I did flog the game when I finished it, that I'm going to have borrow it from CW or rebuy the game which looks like can get for about £20 now on eBay (maybe we get a GOTY complete edition with the content on the disc at some point). I was going to try the SaGa demo, yet when saw it is digital only for £40 (Can't be that on mobile, right?), didn't bother as if I liked it certainly not spending £40 on it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 5:26

Balladeer wrote:
one of those 7/10s,

I find it really weird seeing Balla say things like this like a normal multi-format person ever since he started listening to Back Page. And using slang like "catching strays" as though he's down with the kids (or at least, down with a fello 30-something who is himself trying to be down with the kids.)

masofdas wrote:
19th The Tortured Poets Department - Taylor Swift CD, Vinyl, Cassette
25th Another Crab’s Treasure PSN, XBN, XGP, eShop
All about these two!

Quote :
Only really did this to get Swifty in
You’re doing it wrong! We are Swifties, she is Tay-Tay. Fake fan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 12:56

April's not Fool of games Sorry-taylor-swift

I know you'll git gud but you have seen basically an easy mode of Another Crab's Treasure, that just gives you a gun instead which basically one shoots everything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games EmptyThu 18 Apr 2024 - 10:14

Another Crab's Treasure will probably be too hard for me (that easy mode is genius but I'm the sort of person who'll only play 'as the devs intended' or give up on a game), but I like the fact that it exists.  Bright colourful Soulslikes?  Yes please.  As for thread titles, I'm sticking with my previous suggestion, don't think that can be beat.

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
one of those 7/10s,

I find it really weird seeing Balla say things like this like a normal multi-format person ever since he started listening to Back Page. And using slang like "catching strays" as though he's down with the kids (or at least, down with a fello 30-something who is himself trying to be down with the kids.)

Have I said 'catching strays'?  I don't remember saying 'catching strays'!  (And, er, I don't actually know what it means. Shifty )

I do have a habit of adopting idioms from pretty much any community I join, which must seem odd to those folks outside that community (and most people in it).  In any case I like the concept of the 'Back Page 7/10', so I'm keeping it. Natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April's not Fool of games   April's not Fool of games Empty

Back to top Go down

April's not Fool of games
Page 1 of 1