We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)

Go down 
+3
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyWed 19 Jun 2024 - 20:24

The Legend of Link, surely? Play as Zelda and batter Ganon with a bed or something. This is exactly the 2D Zelda, exactly the sort of more handheldy Nintendo game, that I've been crying out for on Switch. Looks absolutely mint.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyThu 20 Jun 2024 - 5:06

Yep, into this. Don't need another trailer or nothing, will be buying and playing day one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyThu 20 Jun 2024 - 11:12

Can't wait for a new one of these

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) Zeldasadventure_packaging

Genuinely keen for this for numerous reason as you can guess.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyThu 20 Jun 2024 - 14:37

Looks quality! Also some folk have already pointed out that the world is very similar to ALBW if not the same.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyThu 20 Jun 2024 - 15:16

World and art style. No bad thing, natch. I hope it runs a bit more smoothly than Link's Awakening did, at least until I've filled the screen with beds.

Also for any Tunic players out there (Jim), purple harmful light on the floor is very familiar. Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 11:33

So up for this. Whilst I don't think it'll be anywhere near as freeform as some of the Ultrahand shenanigans you could get up to in TOTK, there's definitely a lot more creativity at play here than in other 2D Zelda games.

The added bonus of a playable Zelda is the cherry on top - this will be ace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 11:55

The fanart is already going hard on this one.  Some examples.  And below, one that wasn't in the article.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 13:01

Will Hyrule report be covering what is hopefully a good Zelda game?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 14:47

Balladeer wrote:
The fanart is already going hard on this one.  Some examples.  And below, one that wasn't in the article.

All of those are excellent.

I'm absolutely mega-excited for this, and can't believe it survived until the official announcement unspoiled.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024 - 21:11

I can't be the only person to have got this day one, surely? Anybody had fun solving all puzzles with beds?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024 - 22:14

Totally didn't spend a ridiculous amount of time in the little beach area near the start trying to get up to a high ledge. Might go back now that I can echo one extra thing bed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySat 28 Sep 2024 - 7:23

I picked it up but it's a busy week for me, I should have time for a relaxing play session on Monday
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySat 28 Sep 2024 - 14:02

So, I did indeed go back and got up to the area I was talking about just not in the way I initially intended.

Even in the early part of the game you can be so creative with your combat/puzzle solving, for example a flying bird enemy was giving me some trouble so I throw out 2 spear moblin to get some range attacks, they were struggling to hit it so I thought I wonder if you can bind enemies and you can so the poor thing was just stuck there as the 2 spear moblins tore into it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 29 Sep 2024 - 8:42

I'm having a great time with this so far, and of course it looks absolutely wonderful all of the time; although I fear I am abusing the bedscalator somewhat.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 29 Sep 2024 - 10:40

There's a monster echo you can get near the first dungeon that seems to put things into easy mode a bit, after you defeat it (which is pretty tough). So I can't say I've struggled much with combat!

That thing you did was great though Jas, I'm trying not to ape it as I fear it'll break the game wide open. Laughing Also is Stamp Guy the new Tingle?
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 29 Sep 2024 - 20:16

I'm planning to pick this up on payday, without spoliers, whats everyones impressions of it so far now its out?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptySun 29 Sep 2024 - 23:51

It's a very good middle ground of older Zelda games & BotW/TotK, I'm having a blast with it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyTue 1 Oct 2024 - 4:10

I sat down and played a couple of hours of this yesterday and it was like medicine for my soul. This is what I want from games. I'm loving every single screen of this, figuring out puzzles and scouring the map for every chest and heart container. Delightful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyTue 1 Oct 2024 - 18:06

The_Jaster wrote:
It's a very good middle ground of older Zelda games & BotW/TotK, I'm having a blast with it.

Agreed with this. It feels a bit closer towards the latter I'd say, the experience feels more open to you doing your thing and less crafted as a result. It's a grand time regardless, I've just got to the Gerudo dungeon after taking care of the painfully obvious imposter and it's easily my game of the year so far. The performance isn't too bad either... so long as you play in handheld anyway.

What are people's favourite combat approaches? While I have tried to get fancy with some new monsters, I end swarming things with endless Ropes more often than is probably imaginative.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyTue 1 Oct 2024 - 23:07

Aye definitely leans closer to ToTK.

Balla wrote:
The performance isn't too bad either... so long as you play in handheld anyway.

Oh really? My next session will have to be handheld then as I honestly dread returning to the over world at times since the caves/dungeons are silky smooth.

Balla wrote:
What are people's favourite combat approaches? While I have tried to get fancy with some new monsters, I end swarming things with endless Ropes more often than is probably imaginative.

Swarm tactic is fun and great distraction tool to go in with the sword fighter ability. I do usually stick to using new echoes I just picked up though, oh also simply using bind to drop an enemy off a ledge is fun.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyWed 2 Oct 2024 - 13:32

I still think frame rates are something everyone made up to gaslight me.

Structurally it feels less completely open than BotW or TotK, but the quest markers and slight openness to the puzzles are obviously reminiscent.

I do a bit of old monsters, a bit of new monsters, rarely go into sword mode though. Ropes have become a big deal in this house. Support our ropes!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyFri 4 Oct 2024 - 22:34

Starting to get to the Zoras now, having done a bonus "Smog" dungeon into the bargain. I'm definitely getting to the, "why aren't there more ways to sort/use different Echoes" phase. Game's still great, don't get me wrong, but when you've got level 2s of every enemy and several types of pot things get more than a tad cluttered.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyMon 7 Oct 2024 - 19:33

Regret to inform you that I'm not actually supporting our Ropes. Embarrassed I got a power-up whereby you can summon e.g. Spear Moblins as cheaply as Ropes, so I just do that instead.  Please accept this solemn JPEG full of false sadness while I lay off all my Rope workforce.

The Faron Wetlands inhabitants are adorable, and I find it funny that each Zelda now has to contain this storyline. Laughing But also, enough with the stealth sections.  I'm not sure Zelda has ever had a good stealth section and that isn't starting now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyMon 7 Oct 2024 - 19:54

The flying tile echo got me past that part pretty quickly. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) EmptyTue 8 Oct 2024 - 3:57

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) Solemn10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)   The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Echoes does what Tears of the Kingdon't)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next