We like our Video Game Music Challenges like we like our men: in Really Hard Mode.
 
HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling


Posts : 2007
Points : 2050
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Writing and arithmetic

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 14:53

@The_Jaster wrote:
The constant threat of losing gta V data Wink
On a similar note, the flashing red light appearing when you're miles away from points both save and mains.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Sheegoth
Jimbob

Posts : 3713
Points : 3735
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : Milton Keynes

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 10:18

@beemoh wrote:
@The_Jaster wrote:
The constant threat of losing gta V data Wink
On a similar note, the flashing red light appearing when you're miles away from points both save and mains.
Ah, don't. Why is it that Fi interrupts you to say "hey Link, there's a 95% chance that your batteries will run out in the next 5 hours" which only results in the game waiting while you change them, but the 3DS family relies on a blinking light that's usually outside of your peripheral vision, with the threat of conking out completely?
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

Posts : 10587
Points : 10677
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 36
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 11:18

I like how crazy the 3ds lights blink when's its about run out its like its yelling "charge me quick you fool!"
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling


Posts : 2007
Points : 2050
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Writing and arithmetic

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 22:08

@Jimbob wrote:
@beemoh wrote:
@The_Jaster wrote:
The constant threat of losing gta V data Wink
On a similar note, the flashing red light appearing when you're miles away from points both save and mains.
Ah, don't. Why is it that Fi interrupts you to say "hey Link, there's a 95% chance that your batteries will run out in the next 5 hours" which only results in the game waiting while you change them, but the 3DS family relies on a blinking light that's usually outside of your peripheral vision, with the threat of conking out completely?
Probably because:

a/ If your wiimote batteries run out, our console will still run, unlike 3DS
b/ Lots of 3DS games do alert you if your battery is on the way out, Pokémon X & Y being notably annoying for this.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Sheegoth
Jimbob

Posts : 3713
Points : 3735
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : Milton Keynes

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 23:30

@beemoh wrote:
@Jimbob wrote:
@beemoh wrote:
@The_Jaster wrote:
The constant threat of losing gta V data Wink
On a similar note, the flashing red light appearing when you're miles away from points both save and mains.
Ah, don't. Why is it that Fi interrupts you to say "hey Link, there's a 95% chance that your batteries will run out in the next 5 hours" which only results in the game waiting while you change them, but the 3DS family relies on a blinking light that's usually outside of your peripheral vision, with the threat of conking out completely?
Probably because:

a/ If your wiimote batteries run out, our console will still run, unlike 3DS
b/ Lots of 3DS games do alert you if your battery is on the way out, Pokémon X & Y being notably annoying for this.
Wow (re. point b/) - that's honestly the only game I'm aware of doing this. If this is common and I've missed it, apologies.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Treesmurf
Hoville Inhabitant
Treesmurf

Posts : 3083
Points : 3081
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 30
Location : Manneh

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 0:32

@Balladeer wrote:
Scary Smurf wrote:
I just did that on HD and it was made all the less unsettling by the revelation that I can just keep throwing bombs at THEM THINGS before they even get a chance to spot me.
WW Re-Deads are rubbish anyway, as I think we've already discussed.  As for the boss - pffffffft.  This is a real Zelda scare:

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Dead-Hand

I was fairly certain that was already mentioned in this thread (it wasn't, I've just checked) which is the only reason I didn't mention it myself, definitely one of the scariest things anyone could imagine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

Posts : 22316
Points : 21185
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 20:17

It's almost All Hallows, so I'm giving this thread a bump. Originally restricted to non-horror or ghostly games, I now want to talk about anything that really disturbed or scared people in gaming, including the Resis, Evil Within et al. Let me start wiiiiith...

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Maxresdefault

And here's some "music" to go with it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Zeta Metroid
The Cappuccino Kid

Posts : 4938
Points : 5061
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 101
Location : East of Mombasa

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 22:03

This scared the fuck out of me when I was a wee boy:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admQ2Ideh0M

No joke, when it sped up, I turned the game off in terror.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Posts : 10465
Points : 9425
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 40
Location : North Midlands, England

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 9:57

This morning I sat down to make some progress in the SM3DW post-game but when I got to the File Select screen, there was nothing there. Aww! I half-heartedly played through 1-1 before heading back to the menu for some Golden Sun.

It was then that I realised I'd logged on as Jo's profile. Embarrassed My save file was happily intact. Thumbs Up! Terrible few minutes, though. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Creepy pastas
» A creepy Toonstruck 2 story
» Scary Story (REALLY scary don't read if you are under 11)
» creepy owl story

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: