Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:13

Sunsoft. And as with many Sunsoft games: this one has a lot going for it. It's great!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:30

I wonder what ever happened to Sunsoft
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:35

Still going, apparently. Though they don't appear to have done much since Blaster Master: Overdrive on WiiWare.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:20

Donkey Kong Country 3 for me. It all feels a bit leaden compared to either SMW game, which is a thought I had at the time of the first game. Still, it's new to me and finishes off the first trilogy (because Retro will do another one).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:07

Ooh, I've had a great old retro time this evening! I've (permanently) installed my SNES 'neath my flatscreen, which I'm embarrassed to say I believe is the first time I've done so since I bought this television in 2008(!). StarWing is a great deal more fun than I gave it credit, and I even had a better time with the original Super Mario Kart (another game I've never been too enamoured with).

So now I have the NES, SNES, GameCube, Wii and Wii U actually set up on my desk. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:16

Not sure why you really need a Cube, Wii and Wii U all setup.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:26

My backup Wii (horizontal unit) doesn't play GC games, and in keeping with retro traditions, I refuse to play Wii games on my Wii U. It's too much of a faff anyway.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 7:02

I have very fond memories of StarWing. It was incredibly impressive to 13-year-old me, who had never played anything like it before. I remember being disappointed when Lylat Wars changed the animal noises the Star Fox team made to each other - "Barabada ba bada badup!" Er. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 9:12

There's an opportunity to set the voices to Lylat in LW, if I remember correctly!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 9:45

ZeroJones wrote:
I have very fond memories of StarWing. It was incredibly impressive to 13-year-old me, who had never played anything like it before. I remember being disappointed when Lylat Wars changed the animal noises the Star Fox team made to each other - "Barabada ba bada badup!" Er. Embarrassed

The "radio chatter" is hands-down my favourite part of this or any installment. I'll say, though, that your fellow wingmen are even more useless in the first installment than they are in the sequel.

Balla's right, too: you can switch to Lylat-speak in Lylat Wars. I never did so in the day, because having never played the original at that point, I didn't appreciate its significance. I will be returning to StarWing over the weekend, though. I made some really careless mistakes and died on the final level last night. Got blown up on Venom's surface. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 11:18

Stu_the_great wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

The "radio chatter" is hands-down my favourite part of this or any installment. I'll say, though, that your fellow wingmen are even more useless in the first installment than they are in the sequel.

Balla's right, too: you can switch to Lylat-speak in Lylat Wars. I never did so in the day, because having never played the original at that point, I didn't appreciate its significance. I will be returning to StarWing over the weekend, though. I made some really careless mistakes and died on the final level last night. Got blown up on Venom's surface. Thumbs Down...

Yes! Never really played another Star Fox game after Lylat Wars but the banter the team exchanged made you really feel part of that team. Finally, a game where it wasn't just you against the enemy forces: you had three buddies, even if most of them were, as you rightly mention, utter pants.

One of the first things I did with Lylat Wars was switch the speech - it wasn't a patch on the original for me. I am aware how odd that sounds!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 13:57

Falco was such an ass in Lylat Wars. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 14:08

He's no better in Smash Bros., all being a filthy pseudo-clone of Fox and that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 15:54

masofdas wrote:
Not sure why you really need a Cube,  Wii and Wii U all setup.

Because it's a cool thing to do, would like to see a picture of that set up actually.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 23:05

JayMoyles wrote:
Falco was such an ass in Lylat Wars. Laughing

He's most certainly an ass in the original, too. He's forever got a "Bogey on his six", and the second you shoot the blighter out of the sky, he snaps and tells you to mind your own business. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 7:53

You could always let him crash... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:17

ZeroJones wrote:
You could always let him crash... Twisted Evil

I'm guessing wingmen stats contribute to your bonus continues, so I'll keep him alive, cheers. Laughing At least Peppy doesn't tell me I'm becoming more like my father in this game.

~~~

I played Road Runner on SNES last night. It's a really good idea on paper, and the spritework on Road Runner/Wile. E. is top notch. But Road Runner controls like he's on the moon, his vertical jump is pathetic, but his horizontal jump is so ridiculously long, it turns even the simplest jump into a leap of faith. His speed in a game with more death pits than modern Sonic making it a power best avoided, coupled with the blandest, emptiest levels, makes for a very disappointing experience.

In terms of SNES games I own, this is hands-down the worst.

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 87500-road-runner-s-death-valley-rally-snes-screenshot-before-s
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 23:31

Nothing at the moment but I'm really in the mood to play some retro games now with all this talk. So I used the cookie option on Backloggery and I'm going to give these 10 mega drive games a bash

Toki: Going Ape Spit
Batman Forever
World of Illusion
Two Crude Dudes
Global Gladiators
Puggsy
Rambo III
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Wonder Boy in Monster World

I did kinda cheat with the Cookie as it did come up with David Cranes Tennis for instance which I'm not going to play also I'm likely to end up playing Sonic 2, Mortal Kombat 2 as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 23:34

World of Illusion = Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 19:00

So yesterday I beat Super Mario Bros. 2 from Super Mario All-Stars, and today I received (and beat) Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 23:43

Super Mario Bros. 2 has a special charm all of its own. I'm nowhere near as familiar with it as I might be, though. On the other hand, a slice of Buster Busts Loose! does a body good. It is a slight thing by today's standards but I replayed it so often as a young'un that I definitely got my money's worth. One of my favourite memories of it is that my Dad enjoyed watching us play it, because it looked so good (at the time, natch).
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 11:15

There's a lot of Tiny Toons love here; that's good to hear!

Current retro game, is Gain Ground, which is a shitfest, but suddenly immense fun on 2 player mode. If you've not familiar with it (as I wasn't), then... uh... I couldn't possibly explain it - I'm gonna have to lazily send you to Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 11:58

We don't get artwork like this these days. Laughing

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 Gain_Ground_%28leaflet%29

ZeroJones wrote:
Super Mario Bros. 2 has a special charm all of its own. I'm nowhere near as familiar with it as I might be, though.

I can't recommend the Super Mario All-Stars refit highly enough. Everything still looks fab, and the gameplay has such a solid, tactile feel to it when you're lobbing Shy Guys/veg around the levels. The only downside is that the level design never really goes anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:58

Don't talk to me about the artwork! There are different boxes and posters for the different formats; each time they seem to pick a different female character to show off. But then the game's not much better; the sprites are at most 16 pixels wide, and, facing south, most of these are boob.

I like the SMAS Mario 2 also. And I agree about the level design; you can tell it's not originally a Mario game!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 23:28

Jimbob wrote:
I like the SMAS Mario 2 also. And I agree about the level design; you can tell it's not originally a Mario game!

It's a pity I'm not quite so keen on the paint job they gave Super Mario Bros.. Mario somehow feels clumsier than he did in the original game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next