We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 0:59

That was one of my first downloads from wii U VC, absolutely love it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 9:34

Shamefully I don't own the NES version! I absolutely swear I bought it at one time or another, but I sure as hell can't find it if I did.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 20:51

That's the worst feeling especially if you have your old games stored out of sight & then one day you fancy playing it but can't bloody find the thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 10:58

This has happened to me loads of times: Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Platinum, Ninja Cop, KuruKuru Kururin and WarioWare Twisted. Bloody Game Boy games are so easy to misplace. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:24

The other week, I went through Banjo-Kazooie again. Probably the best game ever.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 14:38

I'll bet you can make it through that game in no time flat now, Cube. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 14:57

It takes me about 8 and a half hours, but I'm not trying to rush it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 22:31

Just fired up the mega drive I scrapped that list and just went for one game in each pile pretty much,

Starting with Aladdin which still looks really nice thanks to that Disney animation.
Then Batman which is urghh
Golden Axe II which I will bring up else where
Incredible Hulk, it's not incredible
Gunstar Heroes, Excellent game SNES owners can keep there Metroids etc as who needs games like that with this
Mortal Kombat II, which is still awesome
Outrun 2019, which I've learned from that in 4 years time are cars will look like batmobiles & go 682kmph
Sonic 2, Which is still amazing

Also tried Marvel vs Capcom on the dreamcast as that came today, dam that console is good for 2D
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:11

Today I've played:

Pilotwings - Well out of my depth with this once again.
Super Mario Kart - Getting a bit better at this. The controls are the definition of twitchy.
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - Love how this game feels and looks, though by nature it's super repetitive.
Aladdin - My first time with this, and I beat it with the good ending. Superb platformer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:20

Stu_the_great wrote:
Today I've played:
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - Love how this game feels and looks, though by nature it's super repetitive.

I remember screwattack saying it's the best beat-em up ever, I'm not to sure on that but it's fondly remembered that we got that nor very good remake from Ubisoft (I think).

I've got hyperstone heist on mega drive which is almost the same game and its' great as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:25

masofdas wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Today I've played:

I remember screwattack saying it's the best beat-em up ever, I'm not to sure on that but it's fondly remembered that we got that nor very good remake from Ubisoft (I think).

I've got hyperstone heist on mega drive which is almost the same game and its' great as well.

Aye, it's one of my personal SNES picks, and I was shocked to discover how much even an unboxed cartridge goes for on eBay these days. Oddly enough in all the years I've had the game, I've never once had a bash in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 0:15

mas wrote:
Gunstar Heroes, Excellent game SNES owners can keep there Metroids etc as who needs games like that with this

GH was/is really good but I don't get why you'd be comparing it to Metroid at all, also relax mas the Sega & Nintendo wars are over. Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 7:34

Fun fact: Gunstar Heroes was one of the first games I ever downloaded on the Wii VC - I'd never played it before and got it on its reputation alone. Beat it pretty soon after on co-op with my mate Andy and not touched it again... which might be a shame. Super Metroid, though... Super Metroid. Shocked If it's a Super Metroid beater, I'll eat my hat (and you can choose which hat).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 10:51

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

GH was/is really good but I don't get why you'd be comparing it to Metroid at all, also relax mas the Sega & Nintendo wars are over. Razz  

Because SNES had nothing like GH and the MD had nothing like Metroid. They both had a decent platform for instance, but I'm going a SNES oener back in the day would of gone look at my amazing metroid & we MD owners would of gone who cares I've got this great game called Gunstar Heroes instead.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 11:44

I was lucky enough to have both as a kid, but even in that situation I was genuinely split between Mario on SNES and Sonic on Mega Drive. Both consoles had some great exclusives... though somehow I do feel that a lot of SNES games have aged more gracefully, looking back.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 11:50

Yeah looking back the games that made the MD so good like Golden Axe II have aged, where likes of Link to the Past still look good.

You were lucky back then but you are bit older, so like you said you said else where you bought a SNES used that being your age I gather you saved up for it. That didn't happen to me in till the 6th generation.

I think Nintendo did and still do use the best aesthetics for there games that a console like the Wii U which hasn't got as much power as a PS4ONE but they get something like Zelda U running on it.

But really I was thinking of old playground talk and likes of TRP bring up how One & PS4 owners both got similar games in Sunset & Infamous but nether have something to wave in front of each other yet like back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 11:56

Yeah, it was Christmas money one year that allowed me to get my SNES (same thing happened with my N64, too). I'd made it clear before Christmas that I'd be doing that, so I think it was arranged that my presents consisted more of money that year. Thumbs Up!

I agree about Nintendo's aesthetics, as they usually always pick a visual style that looks timeless when it's new. I think this is why I find N64 games so jarring, specifically the Zeldas. Paper Mario still looks amazing today, whereas many/any solely 3D games that aren't something like Banjo-Kazooie or the amazing-looking Lylat Wars look bloody awful.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 12:27

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

Because SNES had nothing like GH and the MD had nothing like Metroid. They both had a decent platform for instance, but I'm going a SNES oener back in the day would of gone look at my amazing metroid & we MD owners would of gone who cares I've got this great game called Gunstar Heroes instead.

RE the part in bold: Not true when the SNES had games like Super Probotector (aka Contra III) so the comparison with Super Metroid is still makes no sense as they are nothing alike & certainly wouldn't make me jealous now or back then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 12:40

Mega Drive also had Probotector which what I remember was only similar to GO.

I know GH and Super Metroid are nothing alike my point was that both fine exclusives which might of made you jealous of the other console which had such a game.

I know I was was jealous of SNES owners and there Yoshi Island.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 12:48

masofdas wrote:
Mega Drive also had Probotector which what I remember was only similar to GO.

Thought you might say that & it did have one but that was in fact the sequel to the SNES game which only appeared on Nintendo platforms.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 20:04

Just battled through the first world of Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. Save states are going to be a godsend on my quest to beat it! Bowser's Castle took a few lives off me and I'm not really sure why: it's quite short and forgiving, certainly compared to what I know is coming. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 23:00

I beat Lost Levels on the Game Boy Color. Not sure if that's classed as a watered-down version or not with you being able to save after every level. Meh

I got right the way to Venom in Starwing again today, only to get pwned by that git of a sub-boss. The one that grows a new energy bar after you see past its duplication gimmick. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 7:00

Well, if it is, then I'm worse: it's getting saved before and after any difficult or difficult-looking bit! Embarrassed

Keep going with StarWing - I'm sure you'll nail it soon. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:32

ZeroJones wrote:
Well, if it is, then I'm worse: it's getting saved before and after any difficult or difficult-looking bit! Embarrassed

Thanks! I'm going to have to give it a rest for a wee while, I think. I get really wound up with a game if I get a repeated kicking.

How far into Lost Levels are you?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 18:54

Stu_the_great wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Thanks! I'm going to have to give it a rest for a wee while, I think. I get really wound up with a game if I get a repeated kicking.

How far into Lost Levels are you?

You're not the only one who gets wound up under those circumstances - video games are supposed to be a stress release, for Pete's sake! DAMN YOU!

As for Lost Levels, a combination of save states, perseverance and a cheeky warp from 5-1 to 6-1 has put me in 6-4. Keeping Fire Mario for as long as possible is a recommended tactic - ruddy Hammer Brothers and Red Piranha Plants!

DIGRESSION ALERT: Getting to a Warp Zone in Lost Levels fills me with dread every time. I've seen a Warp Zone take the player back to an earlier world in the past. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next