We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?

Go down 
+9
Balladeer
NonShinyGoose
mandlecreed
Kieron
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 10:34

I'm on Misson 7 Nero,  on DMC 4. I'm having fun with it, In think are reviews will be a bit different but also the same with Bayo being brought up but I'm yet to try the extras on this HD version Vergil and Trish & Lady missions might be amazing.

Halo will be done fairly quickly for me, have you watched Night Fall Drunka.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 7:17

Started Saints Row 4 last night and after two hours, it looks like being an absolute blast. I'm in the minority that prefers the Saints Row series to GTA, although the last GTA I played was IV. GTAV just looks like such a massive game I'm just not sure I'll be able to appreciate it fully. Has anyone played both Saints Row 4 and GTAV?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 7:56

I have and I'm not sure the games are comparable to be honest. Saints is silly, mindless, throwaway fun, it also feels more like Prototype than the traditional GTA-like. The only area they do compare is when they take away your powers and funnel you into the not great main missions, that's when you realise how rough around the edges Saints is, the combat just isn't up to much and the story is just irritating and so full of callbacks it's barely follow-able.

GTA on the other hand is a masterpiece, there are so many moments, both in the story and out that I'll likely remember forever, particularly the heists, the excitement levels go off the charts! I really would recommend playing V, it's a lot slicker than IV and solves most of the issues that caused people to lose their way with it. I also don't think it's that much longer than Saints if you're focusing on the main story (espeically some of the older grindier Saints, I never managed to finish 2 because forcing me to grind side missions before I could progress wasn't cool)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:14

Played some GoW Ultimate the other day with EofGiz in Split-Screen CO-OP, we did Act I. It's not held from a graphics stand point even with the HD paint but was still very fun to play and has me hyped for GEARS4 especially after E3.

I've played the Halo Wars 2 BETA which was rough in some aspects like finding game and loading but when it got to the game was great, better then Halo 4 & 5 already from what I played which was 2 on 2 MP.

EofGiz thought I'd do crap as he had, I won 3 out of the 4 games I played and dominated in the wins and if I had a bt more time would have won the 4 game with my 5 Vulcan's.

I'm going to maybe try to download some stuff on the PC via Xbox app like Halo Wars 2 which might be enough for me to get a ONE again now they've drop to £280 new with a game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:30

Wow, Gizzers must be really bad at games Winky Face

I've downloaded the Doom demo and the Final Fantasy one, along with Super Meat Boy, Limbo and Tekken. Good week to have an Xbone!

The only one of those I've played is SMB. Really liked it, played through the first world and had a blast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:35

Yeah he must, he couldn't believe how patient I was being to win building my little army and taking over all the outpost on the outside first. It did cost me on the 4th game though.

Yeah has been a great week on both systems, I wonder if I can download anything for free without gold.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 10:08

Yeah I would like to say I'm playing something on the XBONE but I've got so much to play on PS4 and I do plan to keep this XBONE in till at least the Scorpio is out and I have a 4KTV/

That like the Wii U as it's not going anywhere and I'm only picking up the exclusives which aren't often, I may get back to / start a Quantum Break but really that E3 week got me hyped for the Xbox over the next 6-12 months and now it's sort of wait till ReCore.

Also I don't know if Anywhere should be added to the thread title
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 23:21

Triple Post (16 months later)

Anyone else been playing PUBG? I've not played much as of yet but seems fun even if it sometimes drops to 12fps in areas. PUBG clearly needs a lot of work still on the console, hopefully, it is a success on Xbox as even though my piece on Gintendo having great services at the moment and hardware is a real plus, the system does need a real win in the software department.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019 - 14:14

Quad Post but 13 months later and I've been playing a lot of Xbox One now then anything as X going to give it to ya

Normally I wait till I've finished a game such as Resident Evil 2 Remake to talk about it but much like the last post in here I've been playing a Battle Royal game.

That's Apex Legends, which I've got to say as someone that's not big on multiplayer or the BR genre (PUBG got boring after a week) its excellent, like when I get home from work I'll see if anyone's on to squad up.

I've still not figured out a main yet or got a win, just it is fun even not winning. I think the difference between this and PUBG is it runs smoothly and having the characters plus interesting awards keeps you going more than a bland dude.

I hope this does it crossplay for anyone of you maybe reading this is playing on PC, PS4 (not sure if that will come) and can't see why a Switch verison couldn't work as on base Xbox One it still sticks to 60fps but resolution can drop the 600s, could see the same for Switch.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 13:14

This post is dedicated to Cappa.

I was having a browse of the Xbox 360 Marketplace (equivalent of the Eshop) and noticed there are free games on there. FREE GAMES.

These include:

Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2
The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2
The Wolf Among Us
Too Human

I'm not sure if this works on Xbox One, but if you have a 360 lying about, these are worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 13:22

Yeah a few of those Xbox made free when they come to Xbox One via backwards compatiblity.

Are the season based games all the season free or just episode 1?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 13:40

Full game.

For some reason you can pay for the individual episodes, but the full seasons are free: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/The-Walking-Dead-Season-Two/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411413
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 13:45

If that works like on Xbox One that's Episode 1 "full game" and you've got buy the others as DLC basically
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Aug 2020 - 15:16

gjones wrote:

Too Human

Not even worth it as a freebie. Do not sully your hard-drive with this shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Aug 2020 - 15:20

Actually I believe when they made it backwards compatible, Major Nelson joked it had to be free as no one would buy it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 22:22

Laughing

At least they're showing a bit of awareness then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 13:29

I got an Xbox Series S yesterday with 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate. (It cost less than a Switch OLED lol). I bought it to play Back 4 Blood with IRL friends who I used to play Left 4 Dead with.

It's pretty good. Nice box and controller, UI is nice if a bit complicated, and Game Pass is pretty amazing.
I don't even need to buy Back 4 Blood. And I was able to download a lot of games that I wanted to play for a while, life Forza Horizon 4, Flight Sim, and RE7.

The Microsoft games are not really clicking with me though. Forza and Flight Sim give you a lot of freedom, but they seem pretty boring once you get past the technical achievements?

I love that I can download stuff like Pac-Man CE, which I owned on Xbox 360, and play it. That's kind of amazing. It's a great system, I just need to find some GamePass games I love. I haven't tried RE7 or B4B yet to be fair. Any recommendations welcome...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 15:37

It's the indies that tend to be the big selling for me for Gamepass as opposed to the first party efforts. I'm hoping that'll change soon enough after all the acquisitions, but yeah aside from the Bethesda back catalogue making its way on I'd advise keeping your eye on what's leaving and what's new.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 16:55

Yeah, the indies are great on Game Pass as always something new coming out each month then MS do use their wallet to get bigger titles like Back 4 Blood, not just first party from the perspective.

I can get Flight Sim being boring but Forza Horizon 4, which I would maybe have said pass on because 5 is so close, is fantastic and always something to do in that game.

PS, we did this episode of the podcast.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Oct 2021 - 21:11

masofdas wrote:
Forza Horizon 4, which I would maybe have said pass on because 5 is so close, is fantastic and always something to do in that game.

Yeah I gave it a proper try last night. Had some fun with it. Love how they've recreated the UK. Like the variety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?   What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Xbox One/Series X-S right now?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2