Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Go down 
+5
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 10:20

Okay guy's in my opinion these are the first big game's on the 3DS VC , and I think they deserve there own thread instead of just being talked about in the eshop thread. So you might be wondering why it's here and not in the 3DS section well as there also retro thought here was best. Talking about retro I no Jay was thinking about restarting the retro plays these might be great to restart that with.

This is the first time I've played them (still want them on cartridges).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 10:42

(reads title)
(has pedantry aneurysm)
(abuses admin. powers)

I can't wait to get into these, primarily because they'll patch some holes in my Zelda experience. Downloaded the pair this morning. If I can just complete them and LA, I'll have finished every Zelda bar the original two, Four Swords on the GBA, and the CDi monstrosities.

Oh, and should this not be in either 3DS or Retro?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 10:47

What was wrong with the title, as I said didn't know where to put it as it could go in both this is kinda neutral.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 10:50

Yup, they're both on my 3DS too. I have fond memories of playing them - one of them is far harder than the other, though, and I don't remember which way round it is!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 11:09

Pale

masofdas wrote:
What was wrong with the title, as I said didn't know where to put it as it could go in both this is kinda neutral.

"Orcale of Ages/Season's". Wouldn't have noticed it in a post, but when it's a thread title...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 12:46

Your being to pickie. Their are more important problem's in the world.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 13:06

Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 17:33

I think this should be moved to the retro section especially if its going to turn into a heavy discussion about certain happenings in the games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 18:22

umm balla can you move to retro. I''m going to talk to you Jay about starting retro play again maybe these, super metroid , and a few others that might of came out lately.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 21:55

Done!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 9:45

Started Ages yesterday on the train home. I only remembered the intro bit - everything after that is news to me! I laughed when I got my second piece of kit...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 10:25

I've started Seasons first and have kinda cheated after getting lost and not really paying attention to where I have to go, Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 14:17

I downloaded both games but need to burn through some other titles before I can start them. My 3DS Pile Of Shame is bigger than my 360 one at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 16:30

Same, only my Pile o' Shame consists solely of LA.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 13:16

Not a fan of Link's Awakening, so I presume it's likely that I won't enjoy these two...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 15:14

Stu_the_great wrote:
Not a fan of Link's Awakening, so I presume it's likely that I won't enjoy these two...
I wasn't either - LA is too quirky. Ages and Seasons have a lot more oomph; Ages in particular is epic.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 21:17

I should start one of these tonight but I'm still in a "what to play" mode.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 10:37

Still need to pick one of these up -- I'll probably go for Ages as I had Seasons back in the day (my brother had Ages), however I never beat the final boss of Seasons...

I was wondering whether it'd be a good idea to password trade in this thread? Apparently Ages is best played with passwords to input as you go along your quest, for example.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 19:52

I started seasons in the earlier hours of this morning & got two dungeons done, good stuff so far.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 12:00

Firstly, a decision: this is not the Year Of Luigi, it's the Year Of Playing Old Zeldas Again! Cool

Secondly, I'm finding tackling Ages again strange. I don't recall details of it at all but I remember themes; as an example,

Oracle Of Ages:

Old now. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 15:58

I'm on my way to the fourth dungeon in seasons, hate that little witch that bumps into you & steals your stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013 - 7:36

Aww, she's the best! I've gotten a piece of Heart from her, and a ring that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Just entered the fourth dungeon on Ages! It was a bit of a faff getting there but I'm looking forward to more old memories being dredged up.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 10:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'here' and 'her' are not the same word.)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 18:17

While I'm enjoying Seasons, I am getting a bit annoyed at a few enemies, which seem to either be massively overpowered (the spider boss which picks you up and slams you on the ground for two hearts, I'm looking at you) or are capable of harming you too quickly (notably, the lion things with the shivs) and I wind up dying a lot.

Annoying, as it's usually puzzles or attack patterns which impede progress in Zelda games, not just taking too many body blows.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 10:47

If I remember rightly, Seasons was meant to be more combat-oriented but Ages was all about the puzzles. Anyway, I started Seasons last night. What a beautifully colourful game it is compared to the sometimes drab Ages! Really looking forward to standing on those tree stumps again and changing everything.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 14:17

I have to finish these and red the Oracle manga again Wave I'm only on the second dungeon of seasons..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons   The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next