Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.

Go down 
+4
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
8 posters
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. Empty
PostSubject: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 19:22

Just figured some people here may be interested.

Ish 137, "PS4 Wins" on the cover.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 19:35

Nice. There's some more-than-decent Simpsons games out there - Hit & Run was the best game of it's type until Lego City Undercover, The Arcade Game is an underrated gem and Road Rage is a guilty pleasure of mine (a real 'crap but amazing' kind of game). This'll warrant a look.

Cheers beemoh.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 1:15

Hit and Run was brilliant. The best Simpsons game out there - laden with references and plenty of shit to do. I remember trying to do the last mission for hours and eventually I persevered, great stuff. Also, Homer saying "I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T DOH I mean S-M-A-R-T" after you crash into something is ingrained in my brain. Definitely should go back and replay that at some point.

Road Rage, glad you brought that up Phillips, I've got a soft spot for that. As close to Crazy Taxi as they come without infringing, but with a Simpsons flavour on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 8:41

Yeah Hit and Run was a great, I don't know why they've never made a sequel for it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 10:10

JayMoyles wrote:

Road Rage, glad you brought that up Phillips, I've got a soft spot for that. As close to Crazy Taxi as they come without infringing, but with a Simpsons flavour on it.

I remember hearing that SEGA disagreed, and found Road Rage to be so similar to Crazy Taxi that they did end up suing TS:RR's developer and publisher for patent infringement. Cheeky!
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 22:21

I remember playing a lot of Bart vs The Space Mutants as a kid. And Krusty's Super Fun House during the SNES era. And not many others. Bart's Nightmare was too tough for me Laughing 

I did watch my brothers finish the Simpsons Arcade aeons ago on holiday once Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
NonShinyGoose
Tingle's Dingle
NonShinyGoose

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyTue 4 Feb 2014 - 21:56

Konami's Simpsons arcade game has recently been taken down from the download services, but I think that was the best. It nailed the humour and characters pretty well, considering it was a Japanese developed game and the show was only on its first or second season at the time.
Back to top Go down
Http://GamesAsylum.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptyTue 4 Feb 2014 - 22:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

I remember hearing that SEGA disagreed, and found Road Rage to be so similar to Crazy Taxi that they did end up suing TS:RR's developer and publisher for patent infringement. Cheeky!

I never saw this! That's cheeky indeed, and a shame, because as much of a clone as it was, I enjoyed it a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 17:00

The Simpsons Arcade will always be the most fondly remembered for me. I enjoyed what I played of Road Rage but I reached one mission that I simply couldn't beat at the time, and I gave up.

The were crap, but I also have fond memories of Bart vs. The Space Mutants and Bart vs. The World. I fondly remember playing Krusty's Super Fun House in my local branch of Boots as a bairn, too.

Anyone remember Simpsons Wrestling? Pile of crap.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 11:44

I've got a fair number of Simpsons games in my collection, but Wrestling is the worst. I was gutted with the way The Simpsons Wrestling turned out. Just rubbish.

I actually started another game on Hit & Run on GameCube a couple of weeks back. Still pretty good! A sequel would be such a can't-miss commercial success that I haven't a clue why the developers didn't start work on one immediately after finishing the first one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 12:05

I have quite fond memories of Simpsons Wrestling, though I also thought I played it on the N64 so my memory is clearly a bit dodgy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.   This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games. Empty

Back to top Go down

This month's GamesTM features a history of Simpsons games.
Page 1 of 1