Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS Thread 1

Go down 
+22
Rum
Fancy Fancy
shanks
The Christ
Axis1500
fronkhead
Cube
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 9:12

Quote :
What are these big games on current gen, only thing I can think of is beyond two souls with the 3rd party titles being cross gen
You know there's still quite a few big titles coming other than what you mentioned, GTA V, PES 14, watch dogs are just a few I'm really looking forward to.

Yeah, I know watch dogs is on the upcoming systems as well but where's the incentive to upgrade when I can easily play that on my wii U or ps3? Slighlty better looking visuals won't cut it for me either not when you have to spend £300-£400+ for all that complained about wiiU's launch games Nintendo still provided an incentive to play those games in a new & exciting way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 16:45

GTA V is out in a few weeks, and by the time the PS4 comes out i would be bored of GTA V (if I was buying it). I said Beyond as it's mid October as it's only month out and the big November games are on next gen.

When I really mean about big games on current gen is what's coming next year apart from Final Fantasy XIII how many sequels can we make.

The big games we know off that are coming in 2014 are either next gen eg infamous or cross gen eg destiny which the PS4 version is the lead platform, same with titanfall the Xbox 360 version is getting done by a 3rd party not respawn whom are doing it on Xbox One.

Yeah it will be only slightly better visual's on some games but watch dogs from the trailers looks horrid on current gen.

Yeah I moaned about the Wii U's launch games, not the system or paying what I did for it as I was buying the idea and the future experience the console will give me. Just that there was no quality game that stood out at launch unlike others.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 20:29

I wasn't saying you were complaining about the wii U launch, I meant that is seen to be the general consensus I was just using that as an example to make my point & how I agreed with Athrun that there is nothing to persuade me into getting a ps4/One yet.

GTA V will last me a good while, probabaly beyond the ps4 launch due to how great the online looks.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 20:41

I'm buying a ps4 mainly same reason's as a wii u, I know there be great game's for it and like the look of these new social aspects and features. Microsoft haven't really shown me anything new with the xbox one hence why it's now going to be bought last and only played for the odd game.

The online mode looks good on GTA V but that's not really my cup of tea I prefer online like borderlands or what destiny is doing.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptySat 7 Sep 2013 - 13:15

A bit of news for jrpg fans, XSEED has announced that they will be releasing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter next year, on both Steam and the PSP via PSN (you'll want a US account for that). XSEED have also announced they will be releasing the first game on Steam, so those without a PSP that are interested don't have to worry about not being able to pay the first part of the story.

This news has made my eagerness to finally play the first game rise significantly. I'd been putting it off as I'd heard it was made with the intention of Second Chapter being played, and since it looked like we were probably never going to get that I was hesitant to pick it up. With this announcement that is no longer a concern.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:54

So few things happened yesterday with sony in japan, VITA Slim, VITA TV, PS4 Japanese launch date and some trailers for likes of Deep Down.

But this morning UbiSoft announced some downloadable games which are:

Child Of Light for 360/PS3/Wii U/XO/PS4 which is the JRPG that runs on raymans game engine

Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD for 360/PS3/PC , a HD port of the VITA game strange it's not coming to Wii U seeing 3 and 4 are on Wii U, I think PlayStation owners could find this HD port interesting as the character you play as in it has exclusive mission in AC4 on PlayStation only.

Valiant Hearts says TBC at the moment but jas says he's seen a trailer which has the PlayStation and Xbox logo at the end but not Wii U also using the rayman engine

Rayman Fiesta Run, Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Rabbids Big Bang, Trials Frontier all for Smartphone or Tablets

EndWar Online and Dragow were also announced for PC.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 17:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 17:26

I think I got the child of light & Valiant hearts trailers confused this morning, as for AC: Liberation the last thing wii U needs is another port.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 17:37

I've seen that trailer again for Valiant Hearts but with Sony and Microsoft Logos but no Wii U logos on Nintendo Life saying about how it's and ACLHD are skipping Wii U. But why would Ubi show of the same trailer twice but slightly different in the same day for the same game.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 10:09

Bah Ubisoft, those Vita announcements are where it's at!  Nah nah! 

Partial jokes aside I do think it's a bit of a discredit to rule them out and not give them proper news.  If the new models work they could possible turn things around for the Vita, which is absolutely massive news for owners of the system and people who want the market to have some punch to it.  Nintendo just don't produce their star products when they can take it easy, and it is in my opinion in everyone's best interest for Sony to get the Vita going and challenging the 3DS. I hope to see good things from these new Vita's.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 10:21

I put a bit in the VITA thread, I don't know what else to say VITA Slim I'm interest in and some of the games shown but still not overly convinced to pay £150 (Yen to £'s + Tax + the rounding up) for a VITA Slim. It might drive the current model down and if I could get one of those used under £100 then I would buy one just as a PS4 add on then see what games are out and cheap for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 11:12

EGA parent company SEGA SAMMY Holdings will acquire Index Corporation, the parent company of developer and publisher Atlus, in November, according to separate reports from Bloomberg and Japan’s Nikkei.

The deal is allegedly worth ¥14 billion (USD$141m).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 13:25

Well that's a heck of a thing! Maybe, as Nintendo and SEGA are getting closer these days, Nintendo and Atlus's output will get closer too? Stranger things have happened.

On this forum, no less. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 13:49

This could go either very well or absolutely horribly. It depends on whether Sega decides to screw the west over or not, Sega themselves seem pretty okay with leaving everything besides Sonic in Japan and I would hate to see that happen to Atlus given they are one of the incredibly few developers and publishers that actually go for things that aren't going to sell millions.

I'll remain skeptical about whether this is good or not until I see some good from this. I simply don't trust Sega one bit with them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 14:02

"PUT BIG THE CAT IN PERSONA 5, WE OWN YOU NOW"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 14:08

JayMoyles wrote:
"PUT BIG THE CAT IN PERSONA 5, WE OWN YOU NOW"
Sonic showing up would be more annoying in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 17:49

See I'm thinking abit like Zero, SEGA shouldn't mess with the fire emblem x shin megami tensi game or anything on a Nintendo front. Imagine if EA bought them or something.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 23:42

SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 23:54

treesmurf11 wrote:
SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3 SNOWBOARD KIDS 3
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2013 - 0:00

Today's Daily Mirror featured a ridiculous headline that really got under my skin.
If somebody's playing a videogame 18 hours every day, they've already got a problem. It hasn't brainwashed them. And why were people committing murders for the three million years of human evolution before games?
This lazy, sensationalist journalism really rubs me up the wrong way. If this headline was running the day after an Arnold Schwarzenegger film came out, or a metal album, that would be blamed. But there was a big videogame release yesterday, so this is the headline that sells papers.
It's times like this I think print journalism can't die soon enough and it makes me sad that these pathetic, over the hill old farts can make me feel that through their cynical stupidity.
Also, why the hell is someone who plays COD for 18 hours a day given access to guns? I'd love to walk around with a sword on my hip thinking I'm Jaime Lannister but I wouldn't vote for any government that would let me do that.
Oh, and here's a fun fact, seeing as correlation now apparently immediately proves causation: the number of murders in the US has fallen every year since the first Modern Warfare game was released.

Then they had another story about someone being mugged for their copy of GTA and tried to blame the game. You can't blame a mugging on the object that was stolen. I'd love to find a report of a copy of the Mirror being taken in a mugging.
I'm not even a big fan of games like GTA or COD where you play as, essentially, the baddy, but this properly pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 21:34

Phillips wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
Phillips wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
Phillips wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
P.S. Buskalilly, sorry for hijacking your post about the newspaper article. To be honest, I'd just ignore anything daft the papers say - oxygen of publicity and all that.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 21:39

I never played either of the originals.

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 Tumblr_ly88ispngt1r1cdx4
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 21:45

UK Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg warned that violent video games can affect players' behavior, on his LBC Radio talk show.

“These games can have an incredibly powerful effect, and I expect in some cases a corrosive effect, on someone's behavior," said Clegg. “They occupy a hermetically sealed world of their own and that can have a very detrimental effect.”

Clegg didn't mention what research his claims were based on, but these comments resulted from the recent shooting in Washington D.C., when a gunman, who killed 12 at a naval base, reportedly played violent video games regularly.

I voted for the numpty, anything could have a effect on anyone not just games why do we still get blamed in the mainstream media.

Also the PS4 is sold at a loss but soon as you buy one game and a year's PSN+, Sony has made a profit on that PS4. Not sure if you buy driveclub which let's you get 50% off PSN+, if sony would still make profit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 21:56

Duh! I voted for him too. Oh well, could be worse: we could have Tony Abbott in charge! (winks conspicuously at Athrun and Oldschool)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 23:13

I voted Lib Dem just to get the Tories out of Wells. I got played.

Jimbob wrote:

P.S. Buskalilly, sorry for hijacking your post about the newspaper article. To be honest, I'd just ignore anything daft the papers say - oxygen of publicity and all that.
Oh I know, but it gets on my tits that (stupid) people rely on these things to provide facts and they just don't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 EmptySat 21 Sep 2013 - 11:26

Surely it was violent films that 'made' that chap kill people? Or rock'n'roll music? Or, er, I don't know, what was blamed before that? Books?

Evil or Very Mad

The issue with games is that you have control over the actions of the pretend soldiers killing other pretend soldiers (or pretend criminals killing other pretend criminals, or whatever). The best thing I can say is that we just have to wait for the next thing that society will blame to come along and then gaming will be accepted! No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS Thread 1
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next