We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX Empty
PostSubject: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 22:35

Yep so gaming news keeps coming on, with the N64 turning 18 years old in Japan. Drunka better take it out for some drinks now.

Balla will love this

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 10:44; edited 74 times in total
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 3:00

Yep, we've known about Nintendo going with shared architecture for a while. That's one way to kill droughts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 8:51

Fine with some games doing that. Just as long as they don't run away with the stupid idea to make one console that does both.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 9:18

It's not stupid though it makes great business sense or make two and have something like apple that it can run on both but will work better on one over the other depending what it is.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 14:34

Satoru Iwata won't be able to attend the shareholder's meeting because he had a growth removed from his bile duct.

Quote :

In general, it is said that a bile duct growth can be difficult-to-treat, partly because of the difficulty of detecting it early. In my case, luckily, it was detected very early and I had no symptoms.
I was counseled that removal at an early stage would be the desirable medical option. Therefore I had surgery last week, and I came through it well, as predicted.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627/index.html

Pleased it went well. It makes me want to send a Get Well Soon card.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 16:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 14:46

Who wouldn't want to send Iwata a "get well soon" card? He's adorable.

If the shareholder meeting hasn't gone well this time, after that E3 and MK8's release, I don't know what will.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 15:57

masofdas wrote:
It's not stupid though it makes great business sense or make two and have something like apple that it can run on both but will work better on one over the other depending what it is.

I don't like the idea of having something that runs better on one than on something else. I'd rather wait until the tech is good enough that you wouldn't have to entirely nerf one version of a game just for the sake of saying it's playable on both.

I'm with the Balls Man on this. Two consoles please, and only have a game running on both if it works well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 16:07

Yeah let's send him one.

See my view is that Nintendos audience is cut in 1/2 let's take Jay he's buying a 3DS not a WiiU (he might eventually) and will miss the great game's on that & viceversa if he bought the U not a 3DS. Also Andy brought up in the E3 thread the 3DS seems to have a bit of a drought, and looks like Nintendo teams are focusing on the WiiU. So if the teams had one system to delvop for there wouldn't be a drought or focus on one over the other.

On the tech, it depends on how powerful you want but look at the VITA it's been out 2 year's. So the tech is a good few years old and that's running (not well) borderlands 2 a PS3 game.

So imagine what you could do with the tech now, you might be able to get a PS3 game run decent, so in a few years time like holiday 2016 you might push for that or better for the Nintendo Fusion.

Only problem I can see is if it's too powerful will it sell if expensive and will 3rd party support it if it seems underpowered to the PS4ONE even though it would be more of a handheld then a console.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 16:19

I think its going to be like the iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone situation. Buy games on one device, play them on another, plus it allows Nintendo to introduce new hardware formats sooner. Of course, there will still be exclusive games, in the same way some apps require an iPad...

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 16:57

Sometimes, Mas, it sounds to me like you're more concerned with the financial situation than you are with the quality of the stuff produced.  I can see the positives for Nintendo's bank book of having a handheld that you can slot into your TV - I can't see what the positives on the gaming side are.  Instead, I can see games being a horrid compromise of handheld and home console experiences, instead of being designed for one with the tech. in mind.  

You say yourself that the Vita, a much better handheld from a tech. perspective than the 3DS, is struggling to run PS3 games.  Last generation software.  Nintendo's tech. isn't as advanced as Sony's, that's pretty obvious, and trying to focus on it would stop them innovating in other areas, as they pour their R&D into power.  So using your idea, we're looking at a next-gen. home console that can run last-gen. home console games.  Two generations behind instead of one, and nothing new (like the gamepad) to show for it; or alternatively, massive R&D spend that will be passed through to the consumer.  Whoopee.

Some games work better on handhelds, some on home consoles, and it'll be better for gamers if the appropriate games are developed for each, rather than some horrible hybrid. And with that, I'm leaving that topic.

There will be some games that work on both, though, especially those designed for the 3DS that are upscaled to the Wii U.  Which brings us back to the decision that Nintendo have actually made!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 17:44

re: the handheld debate going on above - I was prattling on about my gaming situation in the Admintendo comments, and the two things I'm really feeling I'm lacking are a) Nintendo games and b) handheld games. The Vita does not appeal to me in the slightest because besides one or two titles, it feels like a PS3. The 3DS feels like a handheld console.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 17:50

Yes the VITA is struggling with a PS3 game but it's running what 4 year old tech the VITA (got to think it was in development for a good few years & it's 2 year's old).  The fusion if it came out in 2016 you would be running at WiiU type specs.

Nintendo make quality games,  so can't see that being an issue.  And it would be more of a handheld then a console,  and does it matter if it feels two generations behind if it's running wiiu game's as they will still look good & have excellent gameplay.  

The innovative would be that it's a advanced handheld that connects to your TV as well.

Yes I'm thinking financially Nintendos money won't last for ever and I don't want Nintendo to go the way of SEGA. So if they make something that makes sense to play all there great game's seems a good idea to me. But that might also come from my retail background I think of it in a business way.

But if they come up with ideas like Axis said that's a start but not like what there doing with SMASH though more like NES remix should be on both & pay once like you do with PS3/4/VITA crosscut.

Not sure what CVG AC is balla.

The VITA to me is the place to niche jap stuff as it does feel like a console, if it could connect straight to a TV not using VITA TV. That could be good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 17:56

I disagree with pretty much everything you've said in that post (apart from not wanting Nintendo to go the way of Sega, but they won't anyway), so let's leave it there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 18:01

So you disagree Nintendo makes great game's  Razz 

How do you know they won't do a Sega, I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow but 20-30 years time who knows.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 19:57

balla wrote:
Some games work better on handhelds, some on home consoles, and it'll be better for gamers if the appropriate games are developed for each, rather than some horrible hybrid. And with that, I'm leaving that topic

I couldn't agree more with this.

Jay wrote:
The Vita does not appeal to me in the slightest because besides one or two titles, it feels like a PS3.

Also agree with this.

I'd also argue that this is one reason why its sales have been abysmal & I feel any hybrid console/handheld would suffer the same fate as there'd be no way to differentiate what game would be suitable for a handheld experience or what would be a console experience so it'd end up one way and in my book that wouldn't be for the best.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 20:02

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. We all want Nintendo to do well etc but got different views on how it should.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 21:26

I suspect Nintendo have a better idea of how to manage their finances than we do.

I'd also point out that Nintendo try to build games around the hardware. I'm wary of them dividing their resources to different systems with completely different hardware.

When it comes to playing VC games on both home consoles and handhelds, though, I think you should only have to buy a game once. For example, both the 3DS and Wii U can run GBA games. Why aren't they released on both platforms and tied to your NNID?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 21:37

Aye, there's no reason at all that VC games shouldn't be linked to an NNID.

(I never say "aye" in real life, but I've taken a lot of Scottishisms into my posting from this place. Look out for me calling Kaz Hirai a dobber at some point soon.)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 22:06

Rum Rapture wrote:
When it comes to playing VC games on both home consoles and handhelds, though, I think you should only have to buy a game once. For example, both the 3DS and Wii U can run GBA games. Why aren't they released on both platforms and tied to your NNID?

I agree with that- I tend not to when it comes to people saying the same thing about new software- often that involves going across providers and the simple fact is lots of new software isn't going to work out of the box because the other hardware simply isn't up to snuff or it requires certain features unique to that device, but when it comes to emulation those points become moot.

What's the situation with PSone games if you've got them off PSNetwork? Can you play those across Vita and PS3/4?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 22:10

Yeah on PS3 & VITA you can play ps1 & 2 game's on either and only need to buy once. PS4 doesn't have it but will have PSNOW for that. But Flower for instance you buy once works on all three of Sony's systems.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 22:32

Yep I'd have no problems with a cross-buy feature for VC games but I just don't see how one system only would help them, also not sure if I said this here or elsewhere but I'd see it as more of a risk than what they are currently doing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 22:38

You did say it Jas in part 1 of the news. But Nintendo shouldn't have to rely on one system selling well if the other doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 23:07

masofdas wrote:
You did say it Jas in part 1 of the news.  But Nintendo shouldn't have to rely on one system selling well if the other doesn't.

You might have already answered this, but what if they only had one system and that didn't sell well - and they didn't have a buffer from a successful second console?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 23:38

Well that's one thing I don't really know, but no company should have to rely on something else to make money if another thing doesn't.

Like I've said it should be the replacement for the 3DS and should be well priced & marketed correctly for a start with decent launch line up.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 23:56

masofdas wrote:
it should be well priced & marketed correctly for a start with decent launch line up.

It's lucky we have you around for insightful comments like that  Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next