We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Vita thread

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Xelviar
shanks
fronkhead
Admin
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Vita thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:13

I'm not sure if this on the EU store or not as I've not looked yet but this has been released today.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:37

It's out tomorrow in the EU.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:50

Cool that's still earlier then I thought as normally PSN updates on a Thursday. Not sure if be any good being a F2P game but looks decent.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 15:01

PSN always updates on a Wednesday in Europe.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:44

Pretty disappointed with Diva F 2nd, I must say. It's not bad, but it largely feels like an expansion pack to the first game, with a lot of recycled assets (menus and so on) and I'm not enjoying the songlist as much, there isn't as much variety or at least that's how it seems to me.

What's more annoying is how they've expanded on the touch controls, which were already bad for a rhythm game. Swiping to hit markers in time to the beat/music was never a good idea given how imprecise a swipe is over an exact point in time, but now there are star markers where you have to swipe with both thumbs (and you still need to take your hands off the buttons/d-pad each time) and on-rails star marks which are plain unpredictable to follow unless you are very familiar with the music. It makes playing songs for the first time a lot more frustrating than it needs to be, and feels a bit cheap.

Also reminds me that the Vita has never really been great with touch controls either, most big games either have Android-levels of input lag (not good) or they never 'feel' right to play with touch. The screen is also two big for comfortable use, and the Vita-1000 is too heavy to hold the system with one hand and touch with the other. A far cry from the general excellence of touch input in the majority of iOS/DS/3DS/Wii U titles.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 16:22

Is it worth getting another vita (since I traded in my last one) for all of a few games that I want.
Games being
Borderlands
Sword art online
Uncharted (again)

And then I guess there is the PS4 connectivity and all that
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 20:15

Wouldn't bother then, as borderlands is suppose to be awful and I rarely use the VITA with the PS4 & not lot uses it apart from remote play.

Not sure what sword art online is but did think you would like some of the Jap stuff on it though Shanks.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 4:34

Yeah and that's what I'm thinking about as I can always import but then not sure if worth it if that's all what I would be doing with it
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 8:09

If it's Japanese stuff you're after Fronkhead would be the best man to ask as I think he generally has his vita set to Japanese. Not sure if/when he'll see this though as he's in exam mode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 10:41

I was thinking of games that got (will have) a EU release which I gather would also have a AUS release in some way
FFX&X-2HD
Persona 4 Golden
Danganronpa & 2
Toukiden
Demon Gaze
YS
Disgaea 3 & 4
Soul Sacrifice / Delta
Conception 2
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
Sorcery Saga

Also
Tearaway as it's one of the best games to use everything on the VITA in a meaningful way.
Dragons Crown is suppose to be great on VITA
Rayman Legends etc as things like that all look really good on the VITA same with fighter's eg UMvC3, BlazBlue
Gravity Rush,
Other HD sets maybe like Jak

Then there's downloads for it with some pretty decent ones,

That Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is getting a EU in July not sure if that's just a download like Conception 2 or will have physical release and it will also have a HD version of the PSP game Sword Art Infinity Moment bundled in. And it looks quite good to be honest, so thanks shanks for pointing it out and namco also said that we can expected more niche games like it to come to the west.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 20 May 2014 - 11:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More Info)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 13:04

I may just get a pre owned console now as fairly cheap even if it won't get used for a while
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:19

Freedom Wars is coming to the EU as a download only.

Which muh as that's the biggest title coming to VITA this year and could be the last even though Sony has changed there tune over the last few days.

I don't I will be playing it any time soon unless I import it from USA.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 1:21

Same here. Will probably wait for reviews as it's not a game I'll be able to figure out much beforehand.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 23:14

Yep reviews for me as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 21:57

Good news after a petition Freedom Wars will now have physical release in the EU.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 21:24

I'd been thinking about picking up Akiba's Trip since its release but there was always one question looming at the back of mind: does the novelty of the game's setting make up for it clearly being a flawed game mechanically?

Having checked reviews for it again, it seems the answer is no, as outlined in what I think is a great review here: http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/25/5971843/akibas-trip-undead-undressed-ps3-vita-review

I would have linked it elsewhere (i.e. Twitter) but since everyone has an inherent hate for Polygon rather than any individual writers it probably would be dismissed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 22:21

Didn't you ever play that, Fronk?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vita thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4