Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda

Go down 
+7
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
beemoh
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:26

I had always thought that Skyward Sword had disappointed at retail too. I wonder if the Wii would be any more/less fondly remembered had it not had Skyward Sword...personally, it didn't affect my opinion of the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:30

Nor mine, really. TP would have had more of an effect.

In fact, if TP had stayed Gamecube only, and then SS hadn't turned up, that'd be pretty galling, I think. Even though TP was better on the GC anyway, I have no doubt, and SS was a pretty disappointing Zelda in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:35

I still can't be arsed to finish Skyward Sword, which should say everything you need to know. After all the years everyone's been clamouring for it, I just didn't find the full motion controls fun when compared to the more subtle integration found in TP (pointer bow FTW!).
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:38

Skyward is brilliant, even the motion controls.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:42

Although I did enjoy Skyward Sword, Cap raises a good point - it was probably released too late in the Wii's lifespan to really boost the console's image that much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:43

That's precisely it. I'd drifted from the Wii towards the end of its lifespan and had little urge to buy SS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:15

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, fun fact from reading that: I would not have guessed that Twilight Princess is the biggest Zelda seller.
I should imagine some people may have double-dipped.

The real surprise on that chart is five million for Crossbow Training. :O
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:33

Yeah Surprised but wasn't crossbow £20 when it came out, also twilight was on two console if just look at individual sales Ocarina of Time on the N64 is the best selling. Also surprised four swords on Cube doesn't sell for more on eBay etc seeing it has the fewest copy's out there.

Wonder what the numbers are for The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:36

masofdas wrote:
Wonder what the numbers are for The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure.

Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 ZeldaCD-I
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:46

I've actually played The Wand of Gamelon.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 0:09

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, fun fact from reading that: I would not have guessed that Twilight Princess is the biggest Zelda seller.
Being a launch game will do that. Also quite surprised how many Skyward Sword sold, would have expected it to be lower just because so many had moved on from the Wii at that point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 0:11

I bought a wii just to play skyward sword & the 3 JRPGS as I sold my previous wii's as there wasn't anything to play.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 0:16

That kinda proved my point had you not bought another Wii. Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 0:23

I think it shows how big a series zelda is made me go buy a wii used for £35 from GAME the day Xenoblade came out. But like you said if I hadn't and others hadn't sales of skyward sword might of been down alot. Also look at the week Wind Waker HD came out Wii U console sales went up on amazon nearly 600%, zelda sells system.

Also bought my launch Wii to play Twilight Princess.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 22:07

As disappointed as I was with the Wii at several points in its lifespan, not once did I feel the urge to trade it in. Like the GameCube, there aren't millions of what you would call AAA games, but the ones that did fit that criteria were easily the best games of the last generation. That's not including the games that came from nowhere and were brilliant, like Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Twilight Princess sticks with me so vividly because I couldn't put it down, despite the fact I thought I wouldn't like it enough to finish it.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:38

I've fond memories of Twilight Princess. Once the initial "aw, Wii Sports is a laugh" faded, I really spent a lot of time with TP.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:16

I welcomed in the New Year by playing Twilight Princess for about 7 hours straight on New Year's Eve 2006, more fun than what I was supposed to be doing that night.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 7:13

My best memory of Twilight Princess was firing it up on Christmas morning, just seeing that beautiful village and going fishing. I wish I could see the game again for the first time as it absolutely blew me away!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:19

Played Twilight all of the launch day.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:27

andyman949 wrote:
My best memory of Twilight Princess was firing it up on Christmas morning, just seeing that beautiful village and going fishing. I wish I could see the game again for the first time as it absolutely blew me away!
This was basically my Christmas Day experience with it too! Such a relaxing opening to the game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 13:13

At the time of the Wii's launch I still had a proper hate-on for 3D Zelda games (which has since been repaired by Wind Waker and Skyward Sword). It took me a long time to crack and buy Twilight Princess. I still haven't finished it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 13:28

As I've said many times, my Wii broke down on 24th December 2006, the day before I was due to get TP. I had to wait. Definitely worth it, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:31

I actually had Twilight Princess before I had a Wii, I spent a lot of time looking at that case and reading through that instruction manual.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:36

I would do that with COD: Ghosts on PS4 but there isn't a manual.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:39

A sorry trend nowadays, if they're charging more money I want my little booklet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda   Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine A Nintendo Console Without: The Legend of Zelda
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2