Even We Have Had Enough 'Switcher' Puns

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:28

I wish I had something worthwhile to add Balla, but having children is so far from my mind right now that I can't give any decent advice or my own point of view. I'm still trying to get myself in order, let alone worry about nurturing a wee sprog and giving them a great upbringing.

I think Drunka's advice about finding some older individuals who have never had kids to get an opposing viewpoint is good advice, mind you - it always helps to look at a situation from multiple angles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 20:24

I suppose I should add that when I say I knew I wanted to have kids, it was never really in the sense that I felt I was missing out, more that I felt it was just one of those things. As Drunka says, I'm always gonna say how amazing it is but I couldn't have ever known how I'd feel until that point, it could have been completely different.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:30

Same actually. It's always just been part of the way I saw myself going, apart from when I was with people who didn't want kids, when I didn't really think about it. Then I actually thought about it and it turns out that maybe I actually want them a bit.

I went with my girlfriend in the end, and I don't know whether I made the right decision. I want kids, I think, but in only two days my mind's been rushed and my parents have been the only people I've talked to in person and that may have given me an unfair view. I love my girlfriend more than a hypothetical kid at the moment, but did I just go with the easy option because breaking up is hard in the short-term?

Anyway, thanks to y'all for reading my rambling bollocks. Thanks especially to Smurf for popping his face in here after I dragged him in off Facebook. Coming up next: why Meteos and/or PMTTYD is the greatest thing since garlic bread.

(And now I've got to go post a picture of somebody loving his kid JESUS CHRIST Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 6:52

Honestly mate, I realise this is coming after you’ve made your decision, but that last post is more concerning than anything else you’ve posted.

As someone who did a whole bunch of repressing how I really felt for 8 years to the point that I literally still don’t know who I am I can’t let that slide. It sounds like you do want them and that’s not something you should deny yourself for the easy way. I’m well aware of the easy way as well and I promise you that brings no joy either... It’s easy to give yourself up for a person, but it’s not a good idea.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 14:53

If, in a year's time, you still feel like you want kids and this is an issue, I'd be with Andy. As it is, though, it sounds like amybe you weren't really interested, then someone brought it up, you kind of liked the idea, but maybe you'll forget about it? Like how, the week before payday, I might crave a mcdonalds like crazy but by the time I've got cash in my pocket, I don't really fancy a McDonalds any more.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 15:07

That's the thing in a years time Balla does want kid's and isn't like your Maccys then like you say it be a issue, if The Lady has moved in etc then it's like nah I want kids, you don't, maybe we should go are separate ways.

Or could be 8 years like Andy
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 0:30

If that's the case, that's a problem for one year from now Balla.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 22:01

Hello it's me, the world's least decisive person, coming to you live from London. I basically think all three of you are right: I may well be repressing myself, but I don't know because it has all been a bit of a blur. I think I need time to determine whether I do actually want kids or have been shocked into action by this conversation. Fortunately The Lady has been reasonably understanding, but yeah: any thoughts of moving in together have to be pushed back a bit.

Also as well as the kids thing, which I think is fair for me to consider, my mum sent me an e-mail today saying she thinks TL (who is chronically shy) is somewhere on the spectrum and could we talk about it. My mum is ill, as I think I mentioned elsewhere, so I can't really say, 'Fuck off you controlling git,' but I'm kinda thinking it. It's also making me second-guess what I thought was the first useful piece of relationship advice she's given me, purely because it comes from her.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 12:10

I don't value the opinion of anyone from my parents' generation on any subject.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25