We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread

Go down 
+3
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Should we write about established characters in an established setting?
Yes!
Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Established characters in an original world
Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap33%Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Original characters in an established world
Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No - totally original idea!
Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap50%Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Let's write about Buska going for a pint
Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap17%Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 11:51

Yeah, that's right. Just say when you'd like to do it beemoh!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 18:24

What's easier for Zero? I could try and knock something out tonight or tomorrow if that moves his three days to a more convenient location.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 7:39

Apologies for late reply - thanks to beemoh for extending my deadline!

Innuendo not intended
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 9:30

ZeroJones wrote:
Apologies for late reply - thanks to beemoh for extending my deadline!

Innuendo not intended

Right now, Dick is entering the back passage. The innuendo ship has officially sailed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 19:25

Can't believe no-one's put this up yet.  What's wrong with all of us?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 16:59

Prior warning - I'm not going to be able to contribute any passages until next Wednesday afternoon. Study has to take priority before then. Sorry about that. Skip my turn, and I'll make it up when I'm free.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:29

I hadn't even noticed it was my turn  Shocked I'll try to get a piece up this evening.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:36

Does someone want to put the rota in the OP, so it's easier to find?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:41

It goes me, Balla, you, Buska, Andy then ZJ, right?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:48

I believe me and ZJ are the other way round now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:49

Cool, I'll pop that in the OP of the story.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 13:29

No way I'd be able to get my piece up even slightly late so I'll have to skip this run.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 21:12

No worries Andy - I'll try and pop something up tomorrow evening.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 22:17

Apologies on the delay folks - Velli-centric piece, with a bit of action up now though!

I put Balla down next in the OP, unless you want to do your bit now Andy?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 19 Apr 2014 - 2:11

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss. My brother, my player, the copper slayer, Chuck is getting involved!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 19 Apr 2014 - 7:49

Like I said, it's not going to be me. Unless Beemoh/Andy wants the three days' extra they're entitled to, may as well skip to one of them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 19 Apr 2014 - 11:01

Ah snap, completely forgot about that. beemoh/andy?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 16:23

Y'all are useless.  Useless!  Since nobody else has posted, or even changed the next author, since Jay's entry, I'll do something in the next day or two.  Re-start the cycle and all that.

I've corrected a few "Harrison"s that should have been "Hiernoymus"es from Beemoh's last post.  Hope that's okay.  I tracked changes, as MS Word likes to say.

Admynam, let us know if you want your slot from the last cycle.

Discard Pile

Francis Parker, Head of Palace Security (stabbed by the woman in red heels)
Roger/Rik'Shal (Goomba-stomped by a robot)
Duke of the Low Forest (psychoquinated by the mask)
Most of the others (psychoquinated, mostly only temporarily)

In Play (in order of most recent appearance)

Hieronymus, the woman with the red heels - Talking at cross-purposes in a hallway around the back of the castle. (Presumably no robots between the hallway and the kitchen, as Dick and Harrison made it untroubled.)

Cooper - Going to deal with some "anomalies", walking (quickly) away from the MacGuffin door.

The Brass Commander - Near the MacGuffin door, basking.

Charles "Chuck" Eagle, Lucia & Luka Velli - Just outside the great hall, observing a robot's remains.

Harrison - Great Hall, being traumatised

Dick - Kitchen, traumatised.

The masked man - Killing a dragon guard outside the great hall, one minute before everything goes to hell.

The royal family - Great Hall, the king having his key taken off him by the Brass Commander.

EDIT: Sorry to re-attract everyone's attention, but I'm a little bit confused by Hieronymus.  He's being delivered the key by the BC, and seems aware that it's going to be brought.  It is heavily implied that it unlocks the box (along with the spell) containing another key, which may or may not unlock the door to The MacGuffin/The Item (which is thought of as female).  However, when Harrison brings in the box, he's surprised.

So.  Is Hiero intending to free HER (whoever she may be)?  Does he have a plan to get the key and box?  If so, why did Harrison find it where it was?  And how does he know about this Time Magi-related artefact in the first place?

I can and will sort this out in my post if needs be - I just wanted to check whether there was an answer to this that was already present in the text that I'd missed.  Any thoughts, Beemoh?  Most of this comes from your post.

Mine'll go up tomorrow.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 24 Apr 2014 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 19:05

We probably needed a little break, so I'm not too fussed that we all waited. We can consider this the end of season one, as it were, and launch with a new energy when you kick us off.

I think the idea was that Heironymus was playing the funny, quaint mad professor thing for Harrison but is actually a supervillain. I'd also guess that he's not really got the Clockwork Men's best interests at heart, and it was him who made the Brass Commander change his mind.

I have an idea of what's going on for every mystery, but I'm more than happy for someone else to beat me to the reveals. Hopefully it will all turn out in ways I'd never imagined.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 19:07

Balladeer wrote:
I've corrected a few "Harrison"s that should have been "Hiernoymus"es from Beemoh's last post.  Hope that's okay.  I tracked changes, as MS Word likes to say.

I'll level with you, I have no idea what I've written.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 19:14

Fair enough on the break thing. Don't want this to feel like work!

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think the idea was that Heironymus was playing the funny, quaint mad professor thing for Harrison but is actually a supervillain. I'd also guess that he's not really got the Clockwork Men's best interests at heart, and it was him who made the Brass Commander change his mind.

Ooh, that's much more interesting than the rather simplistic idea I had. Not that he needs to reveal it right now, of course...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 10:46

So, things happened.  And I possibly introduced a second Time Magus/Maga.  Feel free to point out any inconsistencies - I won't cry much.

I've also updated the character list above. Would it be helpful to incorporate that into the OP of this thread?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 14:48

Yay, I thought the BC was dead in jays bit. Although it looks like Cooper is the true liberater rather than the commander.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 15:16

I quickly went back to Jay's piece, worried I'd missed something. I just took the guard Chuck offed as another clank.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 15:28

It wasn't that, there was a line where Harrison saw "parts" on the floor, which I took as Heironymus smashing the commander up, but you wrote it as repairs/ upgrades/ nefarious meddling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread   Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Fiction Troubleshooting/Comments Thread
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next