We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Review Round-Up is back

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Review Round-Up is back  Empty
PostSubject: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 0:35

So kinda does what it say's on the tin, this a round up of games reviews.

Going to start with,

Titanfall, Xbox One

Highest: EGM has given it 10/10, Titanfall lives up to all the expectations established when it was first revealed, in a way that so few games are able ever to accomplish, and represents nothing short of first-person shooter multiplayer taken to new heights.

Lowest: VideoGamer has given it a 8/10, An evolution of the core Call of Duty concepts rather than a revolution for multiplayer shooters as a whole, Titanfall feels, in a way, like a hyper-budgeted mod that will only truly see its aims realised in the inevitable sequel.

TowerFall Ascension, PS4, PC

Highest PS4: EGM has given it a 10/10, TowerFall: Ascension might not be complicated or feature-rich, but the instant pick-up-and-play fun of its local co-op arena battles make this the best game in the PS4’s fledgling library.

Highest PC: Polygon has given it a 9.5/10, I can say, without an ounce of hyperbole, that I have never shouted, cheered or laughed so much playing a game in my life. TowerFall Ascension is designed to evoke these reactions in every single match, and it always, always does.

Lowest PS4 & PC: GameSpot has given it a 8/10, It’s a delightfully frantic game that rewards quick wits and strategy above mastering complex controls, and truly shines when you have three friends in arm’s reach to pit those talents against. With a few friends, Towerfall Ascension is a fantastic multiplayer game that offers a ton of variations on its enjoyable archery combat. Just make sure those friends can join you on the couch.

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster, PS3

Highest: IGN has given it a 9.3/10, Final Fantasy X is a brilliant game that every JRPG fan should have played by now, and whether you’re experiencing it for the first time or returning for another playthrough, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is outstanding.

Lowest: Game Revolution has given it a 7/10, It was a giant step forward at the time, but it just doesn’t hold up under scrutiny anymore, compared to advances in contemporary RPG gameplay.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 9:36; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014 - 12:22

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, PS3

Highest: Digitally Downloaded has given it 10/10, I appreciate the maturity that GUST is bringing to the Atelier franchise. In fact, I really, really appreciate the maturity that the developer is injecting into its flagship series, and frankly, I can't think of a better quality traditional JRPG out there than this one.

Lowest: God is a Geek has given it 7/10, An enjoyable romp through a pretty enough world, but one that may struggle to resonate with Western audiences. Fans of the series and established canon will find much to love, though, from the whimsical characters to the competent battle and crafting systems.

Dark Souls II, PS3, 360

Highest PS3: Digital Spy has given it 10/10, It's a hardcore, heart-pounding adventure that's more accessible to newcomers, without sacrificing the series' sense of mystery, awe and wonder.

Highest 360: Eurogamer Germany has given it 10/10, When the prospect of the adventure eventually ending causes you nothing but grief, there's only one score to give.

Lowest PS3: JeuxActu has given it 7/10, Dark Souls 2 won't change anything: if you liked the experience FromSoftware offered in the former episodes, then you will like it again. But if not, you won't start liking now. The great atmosphere, the feeling of loneliness, the intriguing soundtrack and the difficulty still make the quality of this game. But Dark Souls 2 begins to fall behind from the technical point of view, and it's far too demanding for such old-school gameplay.

Lowest 360: Official Xbox Magazine has given it 8/10, From Software’s latest creation is a completely unique experience with no real analogue, even if it only occasionally surpasses its predecessor. For players new to the series, it’s a much better entry point than the first game, but Dark Souls grognards who proudly bear their scars will find it a touch too familiar and/or streamlined.

Pokémon Link: Battle, 3DS

Highest: Metro GameCentral has given it 8/10, Not a very good argument for why Nintendo shouldn’t make smartphone games, but an imaginative and enjoyable take on Candy Crush Saga and its ilk.

Lowest: Pocket Gamer UK has given it 7/10, A strong match-three game for your 3DS, Pokemon Link: Battle! may look pretty standard, but its faster pace and Pokemon-themed gameplay set it aside from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 18:00

Bringing this back, as did get quite a few view's. Also some thoughts from me now as well.

Transistor PS4 AVG 8.5/10 also on PC

Highest: Game Revolution 10/10
Taking its name from one of the most seminal technological inventions of the 20th century, Transistor is unequivocally one of the greatest games this year and rivals Journey as one of the best indie titles this decade.

Lowest: Gaming Age 5/10
In comparison to Bastion, Transistor feels rigid. As its own game, it tells a tightly controlled story with an experimental battle system. While the combat works, it contradicts the idea of thoughtful approach with gameplay that threatens to undermine anything over basic combinations.

Me: Not played yet but loved what I did of Bastion and this is looking great, and will be downloading soon.

Wolfenstein: The New Order PS4 AVG 7.8/10 also on ONE, 360, PS3

Highest: Game Revolution 9/10
A shining example of how to revitalize an old-school franchise. Its alternate history of World War II with the Nazis coming out on top is both far-fetched and over-the-top, but it keeps it grounded by being an extremely fun shooter, having a compelling story with well-developed characters, and a main protagonist who you’ll truly care about to the end.

Lowest: Joystiq 6/10
The greatest problem in Wolfenstein: The New Order, then, is a jarring inconsistency of tone and cohesion... It's almost as if there's a tug of war going between the big dumb shooter and the attempt to be subversive, with the result being a game that's not really slick enough to be an action classic, and not dramatic enough to draw you in.

Me: If you look back in the games of may thread, I did say this looked interesting thought it be a 6/10 game and go down in price very quickly. So am surprised on how well it's been reviewing, still going to wait in till it's cheaper to pick up but be sooner then later.

Mario Kart 8 Wii U AVG 8.9/10

Highest: DarkStation 10/10
I probably don’t need to say this but Nintendo knows what it’s doing when it comes to the Mario Kart franchise. Time after time, they come back with exceptional racing games and Mario Kart 8 might be the best we’ve ever seen.

Lowest: NintendoWorldReport 7.5/10
If there’s one word that can quickly sum up Nintendo’s latest entry in the Mario Kart series, it’s beautiful. From top to bottom, this is a gorgeous game, likely the best-looking one Nintendo has ever made. Even the soundtrack is superb, with amazing songs that call to mind past Mario games in new musical styles. Behind that beauty, unfortunately, is a degree of vapidness.

Me: It's Mario Kart that is all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 9:57

Quad post in a very dormant thread which hasn't been used for nearly 3 years.

Why I've brought it back is we've got a launch coming up and thought it might have been a good a idea to round up all the reviews also I was listening to TOH EP4 where they predict review scores and that sounded like a bit of fun, plus this is the launch line up for the Switch in the EU as it stands.

1-2-Switch - Will get 6's and reviews will be it's a cool use of the HD rumble but rather shallow and should have been a pack-in
Human Resource Machine - Around about 7 like the other versions, with nothing to see here if you've played elsewhere
I Am Setsuna - This I think will score higher on Switch then on PS4 due to it suiting a portable more (like it was made for) and may push to a 8
Just Dance 2017 - I can see it get the same scores as the other versions, that be around a 7
Little Inferno - Another 7 maybe it will drop to a 6 as it may not be seen as different now 5 years later
Skylanders Imaginators - High 7 with similar to Just Dance, it may get lower due to less content but is easier to set-up
Super Bomberman R - It may push to a 8 but I think most will go for a round 7 and go it's good but not worth £40+
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - This may be the one of highest scored Switch game at launch and score over 8's
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild NS - Over 9's and possibly pushing to 10 but some will bring up frame-rate issues
World of Goo - This if it holds up after 9 years and it's the HD version on iOS coming over and plays like it should then I can see no reason why this won't get 9's

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 11:41

masofdas wrote:
Quad post in a very dormant thread which hasn't been used for nearly 3 years.

Review Round-Up is back  Giphy
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 14:56

Bringing back the classics.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 4:07

See you in 3 years. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 8:47

We'll all have 2020 vision in three years. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 8:52

The_Jaster wrote:
See you in 3 years. Winky Face

Can't see the Switch being that much of a flop Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 10:52

It'll be the HDS by that point. Love
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 11:11

You actually seen the rumors of multiple versions of Swithes coming and one will just be a handheld and the other will be a New Switch with 4K etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review Round-Up is back    Review Round-Up is back  Empty

Back to top Go down

Review Round-Up is back
Page 1 of 1